The 2807

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coltsorbroncos

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm filling out the 2807 and am pretty worried about the 'historical' nature of medical conditions and how they might negate HPSP candidacy. I had asthma and was prescribed an inhaler which I carried around till high school. The only surgery I had was a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy but it was 11 years ago and in a different state; I don't think I have much documentation regarding that surgery left... Can anyone who has gone through the process speak to the rigour of the medical clearance process?

Members don't see this ad.

I needed documentation for ortho stuff (fib fx, ORIF of clavicle) which i was able to track down, but they wanted nothing for T&A removal in my 20s for snoring. i think for asthma they usually want recent PFTs and records id you have them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I had a dental surgery and tonsillectomy when I was younger. I listed them on the 2807 and gave the hospital/location it was done at and the doctor who did it. They never asked for records. The MEPS doc never even asked me any questions about it.

The asthma will be your hurdle since you were treated with an inhaler after the age of 15 (I believe that is the standard) meaning right now you will probably be DQ'd for joining the military, but I know some folks on here who have said they have petitioned and received a medical waiver for it so anything is possible I guess. You won't know until you try!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was waived for childhood asthma. Similar situation. I got a waiver in about 3 weeks. That being said, I signed on in 2003, so there was a bit of global politics in that decision.

I'm filling out the 2807 and am pretty worried about the 'historical' nature of medical conditions and how they might negate HPSP candidacy. I had asthma and was prescribed an inhaler which I carried around till high school. The only surgery I had was a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy but it was 11 years ago and in a different state; I don't think I have much documentation regarding that surgery left... Can anyone who has gone through the process speak to the rigour of the medical clearance process?

The army let me in and I have multiple waivers to include asthma, eczema, and poor visual acuity. And I doubt the T&A will hold you back. If you have the acceptance letters and the grades/scores, you will likely get the scholarship