USMLE The 7 year validity for USMLE scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Polycherry

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I give my Step1 this year(2016), the scores will be valid upto 2023. What does this mean? I know it is not for the application for a residency, but to finish the other steps, for ECFMG certification (I'm an IMG). So I have to finish all the other steps within these 7 years.

So, does this include Step 3 also or just Step 2CS and CK (at which I would get my license)?

Edit: I am from India doing MBBS. I plan to do a research track residency. But since it is tough to do so without prior research experience, I plan to squeeze in a PhD. I can finish step1 and step2 during my med school. But I suppose step 3 (If it comes under the 7 yr limit) is easier to give once you are a resident?
 
Last edited: