The AAOS and AOFAS agenda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Podiatry News is a great place to asking coding questions. For example, if I see a patient who is not diabetic or anything and I try to code it 99203, 11719, 11056 with no modifiers or diagnoses or anything - why I just swing by and blast my problem out over PM News and bam, some helpful person comes along and saves me. Meanwhile, the rest of us are like - sooooo, this guy is just cutting nails all day not getting paid for it.

Fun fact. The section of hell reserved for podiatrists is actually a podiatry office.

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry, it’s an embarrassment to the profession. It’s read by reps and other non DPMs. It feeds the fire against podiatry.

Shoe of the day? Really? Does a urologist show the foreskin of the day?

Posts from the same idiots asking the same questions. Posts about shoes and socks and shoes and socks. Cut your nails straight across.......

This will really advance us in the eyes of the public, reps and AAOFAS.

I think we are being a bit hard on them. I suppose that some reps read it, but I think it's a stretch to suggest its widely read by the public or non dpm medical professionals. Most podiatrists I know don't even read it. If a bunch of nail busting, mustache pods read it who cares?

On a side note are there any podiatry groups that we (myself included) actually like? Cause we sure complain about them all, lol.

ACFAS- arrogant bastards
PM News- an embarrassment to our profession
Apma- they never do anything for us
ABFAS- unrealistic expectations!
ABPM- too easy of a board
Any other board- what a joke!
Cpme- quit opening schools!

Seriously what podiatric organizations are you actually supportive and proud of? Any? This career has made me so jaded...

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think we are being a bit hard on them. I suppose that some reps read it, but I think it's a stretch to suggest its widely read by the public or non dpm medical professionals. Most podiatrists I know don't even read it. If a bunch of nail busting, mustache pods read it who cares?

On a side note are there any podiatry groups that we (myself included) actually like? Cause we sure complain about them all, lol.

ACFAS- arrogant bastards
PM News- an embarrassment to our profession
Apma- they never do anything for us
ABFAS- unrealistic expectations!
ABPM- too easy of a board
Any other board- what a joke!
Cpme- quit opening schools!

Seriously what podiatric organizations are you actually supportive and proud of? Any? This career has made me so jaded...

I’m def apart of the Jade parade. It happened as soon as I started practicing and saw how podiatrists really treat each other. Then I experienced how ortho really feels about us as a profession and how powerless I was. I had to wait 1.5 years for the hospital to start letting me do ankle cases. Then 2 years to start getting some ankle fractures to fix. Only to watch ortho at my hospital assault patients because they have no idea how to fix ankle trauma. I’ll stand by that. Coming out of residency they might have known a thing or two about ankle trauma but as soon as they focus on their specialties (hand, joints, spine, sports med etc) for 5-10 years that experience and knowledge goes out the door.

• Sad

Then there's this place, which is SUPER cheery and not at all full of misery and self-loathing :rolleyes: while readily available for anyone with an internet connection to read without a subscription...

Then there's this place, which is SUPER cheery and not at all full of misery and self-loathing :rolleyes: while readily available for anyone with an internet connection to read without a subscription...

Lol sadly, I feel this place adequately represents the average mood of most younger podiatrists that I have interacted with.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol sadly, I feel this place adequately represents the average mood of most younger podiatrists that I have interacted with.

It does and it’s important we are finally openly discussing this rather than just getting crapped on by older DPMs and ortho and pretending everything is ok. It’s not ok.

Reactions: 1 user
Well well another garbage agenda driven research study to trash our profession. If JBJS prints it must be true.

First they printed that podiatrists fixing ankle fractures lead to poorer outcomes with their biased methodology and now they doing the same thing with TARs and Ankle fusions

Study Asserts Higher Costs And Longer Hospital Stays When DPMs Perform Ankle Arthroplasty And Ankle Arthrodesis Procedures

Don't know if you ever saw, but some of us wrote letters to the the editor of JBJS about this article and they were published last year.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't know if you ever saw, but some of us wrote letters to the the editor of JBJS about this article and they were published last year.

I did. You posted it before. It was nice some of our leaders responded.

It would have been even better if the our national organizations made a concerted effort to publicly acknowledge the biased study and comment on it publicly. I think someone wrote a small article about that it was acknowledged on podiatry today but that certainly didn’t get dispersed nationally. I just wish our profession would stand together and acknowledge there is an agenda against our profession instead of dancing around it.