happyface68

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hey guys,
Just wondering how you guys are able to cope with the stress we are all having right now! I'm still waiting for USC's response, as well as preparing for the next interview. BUT I STILL HAVE SCHOOL!!!:thumbdown: I find it EXTREMELY difficult to focus now, since i'm using all of my energy worrying about getting into a pharmacy program!! :(

Dr.Biassi

10+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
Tell me about it. I had also the same feeling. I got accepted like two weeks ago but I'm telling there are more stress coming up. I still have school but I'm just worrying about getting either B or C's not striving for As anymore. That's the best way to go. relax and have fun until Pharmacy school

happyface68

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Congrats on your acceptance into Loma Linda University, Dr. Biassi! I just hope I can hold off until the very end, but I'm getting really anxious already! USC will continue to admit students, so the wait is still very long! In the meantime, I have so many midterms to study for!

About the Ads

NDGirl

10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I am having so much trouble! All I want to due is think about Pharmacy! I keep looking up practice interview questions and thinking of answers. I read information on the school's website repeatedly. I write down questions to ask the interviewers. I think about what I should wear to my interview. I cannot stop! Right now, I should be reading my pharmacology book, but instead I'm on here!

It's so fun isn't it? As least I'm a little calmer now that I know I have one interview next week and got encouraging words from another school on the phone today!

RX CARE

Eye Have You!!
10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Talk about it.............How about going to an interview early in January and they tell u they don't make decisions till the end of march.:scared: ........AGONIZING WAIT..is not a good enough phrase. I also have another interview coming up next week... ...2 exams...and a 10 page research paper..:eek: ..holla....

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2006
The bottom of a pile of debt.
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Talk about it.............How about going to an interview early in January and they tell u they don't make decisions till the end of march.:scared: ........AGONIZING WAIT..is not a good enough phrase. I also have another interview coming up next week... ...2 exams...and a 10 page research paper..:eek: ..holla....

OSU ED interview 10/13/06, deferred to regular applicant status. I may not find out til April/May.

annapark

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i just graduated this winter and i have NOTHING TO DO!!!!

at least you guys have school to keep you busy but me, NOTHING

my purpose in life right now is to check mail and email...

so bad, i don't even feel like i'm living, its really bad:scared: :thumbdown:

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
San Antonio, TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
i just graduated this winter and i have NOTHING TO DO!!!!

at least you guys have school to keep you busy but me, NOTHING

my purpose in life right now is to check mail and email...

so bad, i don't even feel like i'm living, its really bad:scared: :thumbdown:

Do some work - or work out a LOT - do something productive to get your mind off of it... at least, that's what I would do if Organic didnt rule my life.

~above~

Catalina

10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Do some work - or work out a LOT - do something productive to get your mind off of it... at least, that's what I would do if Organic didnt rule my life.

~above~

I know what you mean. I have an ochem exam coming so I have to split my time between studying and preparing for interviews. Getting into pharmacy school is hard enough as it is, but we have to balance the stress plus academic work...geesh!

P-Dogg

10+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Glad to know that we are all feeling anxious and nervous...We could all break down together! Hahahahahaha...jk guys =)

Good luck to all ya and let's just hope for the best.

happyface68

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i thought i was the only one feeling all stressed out about this entire process...i have been so down lately that i don't feel motivated enough to study...help!!

kharyzma19

10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i thought i was the only one feeling all stressed out about this entire process...i have been so down lately that i don't feel motivated enough to study...help!!

I feel the same way, I am taking 23 credits (7 classes) this semester and part of me said if i get one acceptance letter I am dropping all the classes I no longer need and only aiming for B's and C's in the others. But another part of me feels like I didn't work hard for 3 and a 1/2 years, just to screw up my last semester and not graduate. The wait is so hard, but I have to find the strength to work hard, in case I don't get in anywhere, to keep my GPA up, in case I have to apply again next year.

About the Ads

happyface68

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I feel the same way, I am taking 23 credits (7 classes) this semester and part of me said if i get one acceptance letter I am dropping all the classes I no longer need and only aiming for B's and C's in the others. But another part of me feels like I didn't work hard for 3 and a 1/2 years, just to screw up my last semester and not graduate. The wait is so hard, but I have to find the strength to work hard, in case I don't get in anywhere, to keep my GPA up, in case I have to apply again next year.

Ya i know, we need to maintain a certain GPA anyway. that just means more stress than ever! i'm currently trying to handle 10 classes this quarter alone so that my spring quarter would be alittle bit better. but seriously, it's really hard to focus and i find myself falling behind! it takes a lot of motivation for a person to obtain good grades as well as put up with all the stress with getting into a pharmacy school :(

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Oh wow this is the story of my life right now..

Got into Touro in Nov, paid 2k, got into LLU in Jan, was thinking about picking LLU over Touro but I hesitated because I didn't want to put 500 dollars down and I still am waiting for 3 more schools response and 1 more interview.

Got put on active consideration for USC, put on hold after an interview for UOP, and I don't think I got into Western because I didn't recieve a phone call yesterday, this all happened to me in the span of 4 days.

So now all I have to do is wait wait wait and re-think my decision to pick Touro over LLU, its really stressing me out.. the long wait and worrying.

Its a good thing I don't have midterms this week, just quizzes... I have not been able to accomplish ANYTHING with all this stress these past few days. =/

doublehh03

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2005
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)

Got into Touro in Nov, paid 2k, got into LLU in Jan, was thinking about picking LLU over Touro but I hesitated because I didn't want to put 500 dollars down and I still am waiting for 3 more schools response and 1 more interview.

Got put on active consideration for USC, put on hold after an interview for UOP, and I don't think I got into Western because I didn't recieve a phone call yesterday, this all happened to me in the span of 4 days.

So now all I have to do is wait wait wait and re-think my decision to pick Touro over LLU, its really stressing me out.. the long wait and worrying.

Its a good thing I don't have midterms this week, just quizzes... I have not been able to accomplish ANYTHING with all this stress these past few days. =/

at least u got in somewhere so u shouldn't stress that much. i would worry more if you haven't got into Touro but you did.

i would be more stressed since i have to wait until mid-March. if i don't get in anywhere, i'm screwed.

happyface68

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy

Are you sure you want to go to Loma Linda? I guess you believe in Jesus and don't mind attending their mandatory church on Saturdays. They also require you to take religious classes, too.

pharmhopeful

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Yeah, this is kind of ironic. I'm totally preoccupied with interviews & waiting (especially since Zwigglez already heard from UCSF before they even had their last interview date). I was accepted to Albany back in December, but they told me I'd have to finish my last 2 courses by May because their classes start in May. That meant I had to take Bacteriology in the Winter (instead of Spring) during all of my interviews and then take Stats in an accelerated course from a CC. I HAVE to get a B or better (B- not acceptable for ACP). I have been out of town/missing classes/work (I work full-time, too!) for interviews. I had my midterm yesterday for Bacteriology and have NO idea how I did. I have a Stats exam today. I'm totally distracted though, because WSU invited me for an interview and now I have to schedule another flight, etc. How am I going to pull off a B in this bacteriology class when all I can think about is interviews and getting all my work done at my job? Ahhhh!!! 43 more days......

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
San Antonio, TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I just found out that our letters are being mailed out today and tomorrow. So we will know our status by early next week... You think not knowing is bad - wait until you have one weekend to know this year's fate!

Ive known for about an hour - and time has litterally slowed to a crawl. I am actually looking forward to Prepacking Heparin 5mg/10ml so I dont have to think tonight...

Normally - I am the most upbeat, optimistic person - but no kidding, waiting blows!

~above~

happyface68

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I just found out that our letters are being mailed out today and tomorrow. So we will know our status by early next week... You think not knowing is bad - wait until you have one weekend to know this year's fate!

Ive known for about an hour - and time has litterally slowed to a crawl. I am actually looking forward to Prepacking Heparin 5mg/10ml so I dont have to think tonight...

Normally - I am the most upbeat, optimistic person - but no kidding, waiting blows!

~above~

Wait...what letters are being sent out today and tomorrow? Are you talking about USC's 3rd interview results?

Lurkerkat

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
It's going to get ugly in March. Only interviewed at Mercer and UCHSC. Mercer told us not to expect anything until March 15th, but UCHSC hinted that they might send out letters immediately after interviewing (I think they reserve a few immediate "yes"'s for each interview date) or early April. It sucks so badly trying to concentrate on class work right now. :(

happyface68

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
LOL! i was about to call USC right now and ask what's going on with the applications if you had not responding immediately! Still waiting...at least the results will come out AFTER chinese new year? honestly i don't know if that'll be a good thing...

About the Ads

agentdna

10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
LOL! i was about to call USC right now and ask what's going on with the applications if you had not responding immediately! Still waiting...at least the results will come out AFTER chinese new year? honestly i don't know if that'll be a good thing...
When was your interview? It should be after chinese new year if it's the most recent one last week. How long did they say? 3 or 4 weeks? Waahhh...I should be hearing from UCSD, UCSF and USC probably about the same time in March. If it's not good news, I do pray that they won't come all at once.:eek:

happyface68

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
When was your interview? It should be after chinese new year if it's the most recent one last week. How long did they say? 3 or 4 weeks? Waahhh...I should be hearing from UCSD, UCSF and USC probably about the same time in March. If it's not good news, I do pray that they won't come all at once.:eek:

ya i went to USC's 3rd interview this past saturday, and i think the results should be coming out after 3-4 weeks depending on where you live relative to USC's location. gosh good luck to you!! by the way, which is your top choice?

UCIGUY

Dispensing Machine
10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2007
Long Beach, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
i feel like my life is starting to fall apart, can't seem to hold it together anymore.

On 2/12, I took an 8hr flight to florida and arrived there 1am local time. I had the interview at 8am and then got stuck in Texas due to the snow storm on my way back. I make it back to California on 2/14 without any sleep for three days, perfect timing for my midterms in two hours. Now my body is punishing me all week for all that.

dumbguy

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
is there a term for the agonzing waiting for acceptance into a graduate school?

pharmhopeful

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I'm feeling slightly more doomed every time I come home and get no mail. I'm currently waiting on UCSD, UCSF, UOP and have an interview on March 5 with WSU. I am going INSANE!! :scared::scared::scared:

...ok, I feel slightly better now.

agentdna

10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Don't worry...I feel your pain...at least on UCSD and UCSF. Now I'm sitting here wondering if it was better to be rejected straight out or to have been granted an interview just to sit here wishing I was one of those who already got their acceptance, stalking my mailbox everyday and thinking that having spent over 1k total on the applications + interviews, is it really worth it if I still might be rejected in the end? :scared:

happyface68

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I'm feeling slightly more doomed every time I come home and get no mail. I'm currently waiting on UCSD, UCSF, UOP and have an interview on March 5 with WSU. I am going INSANE!! :scared::scared::scared:

...ok, I feel slightly better now.

hey we're all on the same boat. but u see, at least you are waiting for several schools and have another upcoming interview. some other people may not even have one interview, so consider it a privilege to be waiting! :oops:

hanpark520

10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
waiting at least 2 months until I hear anything from the only school that I applied to is torture...
well...now I'm trying to find a backup plan if I don't get in because I'll be graduating this June..
at least I know that I can probably continue working in my lab if I don't get in..that makes me feel a little better knowing that my world has not ended and left me stranded with nothing to do for a year..:oops:

eightball

allergic to benadryl
10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
only those in the wait can understand the anguish...I would literally refresh my email inbox window every five seconds (seriously). I didnt so much wait for the acceptance as I did for the decision.

For those still waiting, more power. Its not over till it is.

KellyBean

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
In the middle of nowhere
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
I refresh my mailbox every 5 minutes even before this whole pharmacy thing. I think I'm addicted to it. I refresh AFTER business hours and on the weekends constantly. Yeah...like they're gonna let me know at around 1AM if I get accepted. I think I'm going insane.

Oh yeah...I refresh this website too. I have no life.

Lurkerkat

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Over the past two weeks University of Colorado has been playing mind games with me. I currently attend UCD and for some reason I've received a lot of mail from them. So I keep getting envelopes with CU's little logo in the return address which causes me to freak out until I realize it's my scholarship check or a letter about the Dean's list. We live in an apartment and my husband usually gets the mail, he'll come back inside with the mail and get me all wound up about a letter being from UCHSC. I've had like five false alarms. :scared:

davyjone96431

10+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I know! I am about to die soon. I thought I can handle the wait, but I've got to three interviews and I received no word from any of them yet.

I mean I finally called Western and they said they mailed my letter to the wrong address. UGH, I don't know what happened there. I certainly had the correct address on the supplemental forms and Pharmcas! So now it's been 1.5 weeks since everyone has received their Western results while I still need to wait for them to re-send the letter.

USC, I'm sure I did horribly because the interviewer keep asking trick questions. I hope he's just trying to see how i cope under pressure.

UCSD - Well they said no results until late March, but apparantly people already gotten responses TODAY. I'm scared.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.