THE ATTACK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yasostegirl3437

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to offer my deepest condolences to the families affected by this horriffic tragedy. I am a NY resident and I was in the city when this attack happened.

Unfortunately, I believe this is the beginning of what will probably be world war 3. I am terrified and I feel like a sitting duck. Yesterday, myself and two other employees walked from mid-mahattan to Brooklyn.

I want to thank the Fire Fighters, Police officers and health care professionals that did everything they could to rescue and provide care to the victims. These individuals are the true heroes of our great country. Thank you again.

I am beside myself and dont know what to do. Any given day, I could have been in that area. Life is so fragile and the only thing you are garanteed is your death.

Right now becoming a doctor does not matter to me and I feel dead inside. I can't believe this is happening. Life will never be the same.

Members don't see this ad.

Dear Yasostegirl,

I join you in gratitude for those who are there helping, and in feeling numb. We are "sitting ducks," but we don't have to be impotent. Doctors and other medical personnel are so badly needed now, not only for those directly touched by the attacks, but also to give some kind of comfort to those who need it. Docs have knowledge about so many things, and have experience talking with people in distress, and are trusted. Maybe one thing you can do is listen to people express their fears; that alone can be an enormous comfort. I wish I were a doc already so I could help out. I have been talking with people, and will continue doing so; I will give blood in the next weeks, when it will still be needed and when some of the uproar has settled. There are things we can do, and nothing is really too small.

Thanks for your response. I just need sometime to come to terms with what has happened.

Members don't see this ad :)
The only thought that I can offer is that you are not alone. Remember your dreams, and inspiration. You will make it through this, and there are happy days ahead. The doctoring life you seek revolves around caring ofr others, however remember that you are your own first patient....
Take care,
Toran

i have lots of friends and family who work and live near the "areas" in both NYC and DC. there were a couple of close calls but most everyone i know are safe.

i'm out here in california and for the first time i'm feeling homesick. i probably won't be home until christmas (b/c COMP throws exams at us every monday). but when i do, it's going to be a shock when there is no more twin towers.

just gotta pick up and try to move on with our lives and never forget this event.
~jpo
COMP-MSI