the best clinical schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applicant

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the best clinical schools?
I am interested in being just a general dentist and work on patients rather than doing research in dentistry. So I am looking for a dental school that would provide the best clinical experience for being a general dentist.
What schools would best fit me?

Members don't see this ad.

i suggest temple university. during my interview, mark lombard (the director of admissions) placed ALOT of emphasis on how clinically proficient his students are. he would randomly stop a third or fourth year student during our tour and ask: 1) how many patients do you have? (most say 25-35), 2) how many extractions have you done? (30-110), 3) root canals? (5-10)... etc. they place very very strong emphasis on clinics. i intend to do research and specialize, so temple wasn't really for me. hope this helps.

Tufts by far.

We've been in school for around 2 months and have already done our first amalgam filling and atleast 7-8 wax ups. Most schools dont touch this stuff till much later.

marquette has a good pre-clinic. A lot of lab work in first year such as fabrication of a gold crown, operative, and complete dentures. Clinic is kind of random depending on the patients you have been assigned. I have done mostly operative and dentures. Endo sucks because everything goes to grad endo and the faculty don't teach very well. Pre-clinic endo was disorganized. Pros is by far the best pre clinic course and operative is not bad.