The Best Feeling In The World

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOCMom84

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
The best feeling in the world is being able to stop refreshing your email every 5 minutes because you got accepted to medical school already. Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far this year! If you haven't been accepted yet, just keep pushing! I thought I wouldn't have a chance with all the obstacles that came up along my journey to medical school, but here I am....a future doctor. The goal is worth the sacrifice <3

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 19 users
Do you mind to share your Stat.

The best feeling in the world is being able to stop refreshing your email every 5 minutes because you got accepted to medical school already. Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far this year! If you haven't been accepted yet, just keep pushing! I thought I wouldn't have a chance with all the obstacles that came up along my journey to medical school, but here I am....a future doctor. The goal is worth the sacrifice <3

That's awesome, congrats!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind to share your Stat.
My LizzyM Score was a 62 but I believe I made up for it with a strong personal statement and letters of recommendation. I've also had hundreds of hours of shadowing and a huge list of ECs. Overall, I know I will have to work harder than some of the others but I know what I am capable of and I'm glad I didn't follow all the advice given to me on SDN. It's important to remember that we are all extremely unique in our journey to medical school and just because some random people on this website think they have everything figured out, they don't. Truth is, you have to seize an opportunity when it comes along because none of the people on this page know you or the sacrifices you've made to get where you are.

Reactions: 2 users
My LizzyM Score was a 62 but I believe I made up for it with a strong personal statement and letters of recommendation. I've also had hundreds of hours of shadowing and a huge list of ECs. Overall, I know I will have to work harder than some of the others but I know what I am capable of and I'm glad I didn't follow all the advice given to me on SDN. It's important to remember that we are all extremely unique in our journey to medical school and just because some random people on this website think they have everything figured out, they don't. Truth is, you have to seize an opportunity when it comes along because none of the people on this page know you or the sacrifices you've made to get where you are.
Seriously, congratulations! In some ways, we have a pretty similar underdog story.
To the bolded - too true. I've recently realized this, but it is a lesson well-learnt.
I wish you all the success in medical school!

Congratulations, on to bigger and better things now!

Reactions: 1 user
The best feeling in the world is being able to stop refreshing your email every 5 minutes because you got accepted to medical school already. Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far this year! If you haven't been accepted yet, just keep pushing! I thought I wouldn't have a chance with all the obstacles that came up along my journey to medical school, but here I am....a future doctor. The goal is worth the sacrifice QUOTE]

First congratulations to you and all who have earned their first acceptances. Statistically, we have beaten the odds. When I found out that I was a part of the 40% of applicants that get accepted, I cried for hours. All of the stresses of getting to this point felt worth it, I felt worth it. There’s nothing else like it. I can’t wait to feel it again on Match Day. Having the chance to being part of this community is truly an honor. Welcome to the best profession on Earth!

Reactions: 1 users
I cried like a baby when I got my first acceptance haha. My husband and kids thought something bad had happened. It's just the most surreal feeling to know that all the hard work and sacrifice paid off. We fought our way through homelessness to get to this point so I would agree with you when you say it's an honor to be a part of this community. I truly wish everyone all the success in the world!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Somehow after being accepted almost a month ago I still refresh my email constantly ... it's a terrible force of habit.

Congratulations to those accepted! And for those who are still waiting or haven't applied yet, your time will come!

• Haha
Is lizzyM score 62 low? Because I has similar stat too with cgpa 3.46 sgpa 3.64 and MCAT 503 (retake). Now I am worry. I am finishing my secondary.

Is LizzyM score 62 low? Because I has similar stat too with cgpa 3.46 sgpa 3.64 and MCAT 503 (retake). Now I am worry. I am finishing my secondary.

It is a bit on the lower side but I've seen others getting accepted with similar LizzyM scores.

Congrats. Now get ready to work even harder for the next 7+ years.

Enjoy the calm before the storm - Travel and binge watch Netflix.

Last edited:
Congrats!

Is LizzyM score 62 low? Because I has similar stat too with cgpa 3.46 sgpa 3.64 and MCAT 503 (retake). Now I am worry. I am finishing my secondary.
Good for DO. Not good for MD.
Apply broadly and make sure you have a DO letter.

Good for DO. Not good for MD.
Apply broadly and make sure you have a DO letter.
Yeah I already got all my letter submitted with a DO letter. I am just nervous that I won't get accept anywhere with a biology degree. Biology degree=no job lol

Yeah I already got all my letter submitted with a DO letter. I am just nervous that I won't get accept anywhere with a biology degree. Biology degree=no job lol
Why wouldn't you get accepted with bio degree? I applied with a human bio major and italian minor.
There's no reason you shouldn't get in somewhere DO, as long as you apply broad enough.

When you get your interviews, it's yours to lose.

99% of premeds are biology majors, and majors don't really matter. You'll get in somewhere.

Congrats. Now get ready to work even harder for the next 7+ years.

Enjoy the calm before the storm - Travel and binge watch Netflix.
Oh and a storm it is right @hungrydoc710 ? lol in the end itll pay off. Congrats OP stay in touch with friends and fam during med school it helps a lot utilize your support systems makes the ride better/less bumpy

Agreed. I was ecstatic to be accepted to KCU as my first acceptance and alabama as my second, but my third was at my state school only 10 minutes from my house. I won't have to move away and will save close to $100,000 on tuition.. it really is my dream come true. Now we can relax and rest easy until school starts. Best of luck to everyone in this grueling process.