The CAP standardized application form

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thebackwardsman

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I find this form a bit strange.
On the pages that ask for highlights in awards, research etc. what do you put there? I could fill space by putting what's already on my CV but that's redundant.
I would like to just say "please see CV page x" since they'll have my CV anyway, but that seems trite.
How did you deal with this when you were applying to fellowships?

Members don't see this ad.

I find this form a bit strange.
On the pages that ask for highlights in awards, research etc. what do you put there? I could fill space by putting what's already on my CV but that's redundant.
I would like to just say "please see CV page x" since they'll have my CV anyway, but that seems trite.
How did you deal with this when you were applying to fellowships?

I pretty much just copied and pasted straight from my CV. They don't expect you to deviate too much from your actual CV for those particular spaces.

I put 2 or 3 highlights from my CV in there and had something after in each box that said 'please see CV for additional details'

There's a line on the form that states in regards to honors/awards/publications etc:

"Please list on attached application forms or include this information in your CV."

Is it alright to just put a blurb in there eg "please consult the CV for information" and not include those pages at all? Do some programs get persnickety about that? I think it is terribly redundant to just list a few things, but I don't know if it would be more convenient for programs to have that.