The Clinic!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vaanhalen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I interviewed at Temple/Kornberg their biggest push was the quality of their patient base.

I'm really curious how good "the clinic" is at Temple, if any 3rd or 4th year students, or residents, or recent grads could comment about how it really is there, I would really appreciate it. Basically my concerns are do students stress and worry about getting enough RPDs or fixed pros cases before they graduate, or is it pretty easy to find what you need? Is there really horde of good cases available to you like the clinical manna from heaven I was sold? Obviously it takes work to hustle and get your patients in the chair, but for a lot of schools I know it can be fickle fate if you get your cases or not, and a source of major stress.:eek:

It seems like @ any D school, the academic water is deeper than you can swim, so the quality of the clinic becomes that much more important. Right? I'm seriously considering going there instead of UCLA, but I'd hate to throw away UCLA for a clinic that's not as golden as they say. I can't measure clinic strength from , so that's where y'all could really help me out. How is your clinic? How do you like your patient pool, and how do you like your clinical education?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Temple's strong patient pool and its significantly lower DAT/GPA stats-- if its clinic is really so strong I don't understand why everyone isn't clamoring to go there.:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

When I interviewed at Temple/Kornberg their biggest push was the quality of their patient base.

I'm really curious how good "the clinic" is at Temple, if any 3rd or 4th year students, or residents, or recent grads could comment about how it really is there, I would really appreciate it. Basically my concerns are do students stress and worry about getting enough RPDs or fixed pros cases before they graduate, or is it pretty easy to find what you need? Is there really horde of good cases available to you like the clinical manna from heaven I was sold? Obviously it takes work to hustle and get your patients in the chair, but for a lot of schools I know it can be fickle fate if you get your cases or not, and a source of major stress.:eek:

It seems like @ any D school, the academic water is deeper than you can swim, so the quality of the clinic becomes that much more important. Right? I'm seriously considering going there instead of UCLA, but I'd hate to throw away UCLA for a clinic that's not as golden as they say. I can't measure clinic strength from , so that's where y'all could really help me out. How is your clinic? How do you like your patient pool, and how do you like your clinical education?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Temple's strong patient pool and its significantly lower DAT/GPA stats-- if its clinic is really so strong I don't understand why everyone isn't clamoring to go there.:confused:

Bump. I realize this thread is a few years old, but anyone have insight on this?

Is Temple's key selling point really that they exist in poor neighborhood?

Is Temple's key selling point really that they exist in poor neighborhood?
I THINK that their selling point is that because they are in the location that they are in, they therefore have access to the kinds of patients that they do. I don't think it's like "hey come to Temple, the neighborhood sucks!".