The Dark Knight

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsOverZyvox

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Go see it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Heath Ledger was unbelievable.

Members don't see this ad.

so good. saw it yesterday morning before work.

Did anyone get to see it in IMAX? I heard it's excellent but not a travesty if you see it with a regular screen.

Christian Bale always sounds like he has a retainer (like Shelly on South Park) so I have trouble taking him seriously.

Members don't see this ad :)

Did anyone get to see it in IMAX? I heard it's excellent but not a travesty if you see it with a regular screen.

Christian Bale always sounds like he has a retainer (like Shelly on South Park) so I have trouble taking him seriously.

Seeing it in IMAX tomorrow, actually.

I saw it this weekend and loved it!! Everyone of the actors were perfect for their roles. I especially loved Heath Ledger in a dress with a Harvey Dean political sticker on his top. :laugh: He did an amazing job playing the Joker!!

I've never seen a batman movie before...and this movie was awesome

You should see Batman Begins too... It was an incredible movie!

The IMAX version is awesome! Lots of fun! Though you're absolutely right, you will still have a great time even if it's not in 3D.

The Dark Knight was more than just an action flick. I say this because my anticipation of the part 3 sequel of the current franchise is enormous. Who will be the next villain?

It won't be the Penguin. Chris Nolan himself said he doesn't like the Penguin. Catwoman? No way. Riddler? ehhhh..doubt it.

In the first movie, we weren't sure if Ra's al Ghul died... he does have a daughter, Talia al Ghul...maybe she'll play the Catwoman.... Nah.

Maybe the next villain is Batman himself. "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." That would be interesting.

But the most likely scenario will involve Harvey Dent....the Two Face. I don't think he died. I believe Gordon put him away...only to surface as the next Villain.

We'll find out in 2011... when most of you will have successfully competed your PharmD program.

The Dark Knight was more than just an action flick. I say this because my anticipation of the part 3 sequel of the current franchise is enormous. Who will be the next villain?

It won't be the Penguin. Chris Nolan himself said he doesn't like the Penguin. Catwoman? No way. Riddler? ehhhh..doubt it.

In the first movie, we weren't sure if Ra’s al Ghul died... he does have a daughter, Talia al Ghul...maybe she'll play the Catwoman.... Nah.

Maybe the next villain is Batman himself. "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." That would be interesting.

But the most likely scenario will involve Harvey Dent....the Two Face. I don't think he died. I believe Gordon put him away...only to surface as the next Villain.

Nerd

Members don't see this ad :)
I find the movie entertaining, but it was a little too "dark" for my liking. I left the theater in awe of the acting/actors, but the action/storyline was uninspiring.

Go buy the complete series of The Wire. Then you can watch something with mass appeal that's actually a work of art...

:thumbup:

Makes me love B-more even more!

Go buy the complete series of The Wire. Then you can watch something with mass appeal that's actually a work of art...
I watched the entire second season a couple of years ago. It was really good!

You want art? Here is art. Now go watch Batman..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3pz2VgIM7E[/youtube]

I find the movie entertaining, but it was a little too "dark" for my liking. I left the theater in awe of the acting/actors, but the action/storyline was uninspiring.

Totally agree. It was thrilling...but a little too disturbing/not enough "Yeay Batman!" to balance it out.

And I'll put my bet on having Catwoman come up in the next one. They're going to need a female lead.

Hush.. it was titled..."The Dark Knight".... of course it was going to be dark. And it is Batman... Bat is associated with dark... and shouldn't be your ole..."wham" "holy cow batman and robin..."

Heath Ledger put on a performance of a lifetime.

Why? We should celebrate his life... and his genius in acting. He'll live forever on the silver screen.

I agree; at first when everyone was going on an on about his performance...I suspected it might be the sadistic intrigue.

But, no. His performance was incredible.

We celebrate his life now, but I hope he was happy and lived it to the fullest.

I agree; at first when everyone was going on an on about his performance...I suspected it might be the sadistic intrigue.

But, no. His performance was incredible.

We celebrate his life now, but I hope he was happy and lived it to the fullest.

Very good actor... He died of a drug OD/therapeutic duplication of Rx's. I don't get the sense that he wanted to kill himself, but that he just wanted to get some sleep. This guy gave his job, his all. Interestingly, I've walked down that Manhattan street before (have a friend across the street). Never knew such a talented individual lived there. :thumbup:

I think I crapped my pants watching his performance, it was utterly amazing. I never knew the guy was such a good actor. I was gonna watch it again on an IMAX screen tomorrow, but it's sold out. On a freaking Tuesday. =(

I think I crapped my pants watching his performance, it was utterly amazing. I never knew the guy was such a good actor. I was gonna watch it again on an IMAX screen tomorrow, but it's sold out. On a freaking Tuesday. =(

It's like one works anymore... every day's a weekend...
(I saw it today, on a Monday)

Is that wrong? With movies like Equilibrium and the Batman movies, you can't be wrong. I admire his dedication to become dangerously underweight for The Machinist and then become jacked as $h!t for Batman.

I still haven't seen The Dark Knight yet! I'm trying to find an IMAX theater first. If only I was as dedicated to my studies as Bale is dedicated to his movies.

You can say that about a few actors. Robert DeNiro comes to mind. His prep for Raging Bull is notorious. He had to get massively pumped up to be the young Jake LaMotta and gain 80 pounds to play the old Jake LaMotta in the same film.

Again, gotta admire actors who really get into their roles. They usually have "Oscar" written all over 'em.

On a side note, I thought Heath Ledger did a good job in the gay cowboy movie too, although I am sure I will get some sarcastic comments...

Best movie ever in the history of everdom. Or at least 2008:)

I think all of the actors did great, but of course Heath took the cake.

"Wanna see a magic trick...[takes out pencil]" lol

Interesting to see if Ledger will in a Posthumous Oscar

Interesting to see if Ledger will in a Posthumous Oscar

I was thinking that the other night. Do they allow posthumous Oscars? Some awards are only for those who are living (for instance, a Nobel Prize)...

EDIT: Apparently they awarded one in 1976 to Peter Finch. :thumbup:

Awesome movie. Christian Bale (although crazy according to TMZ) is hot.

As of this past Monday, every freaking show at the IMAX was sold out until Sunday at 11 PM. And right now, even some shows leading into next Wednesday and Thursday are sold out. Jeez.

Finally got to see this movie today. The Joker blowing up the hospital...twice was phenomenal.

Did anyone see the weird, blurry cuts of the Joker during his interrogation? I wonder why that had happened?

i Find The Movie Entertaining, But It Was A Little Too "dark" For My Liking. I Left The Theater In Awe Of The Acting/actors, But The Action/storyline Was Uninspiring.

+1
7/10.

OMG that movie was AWESOME!! Heath Ledger rocked the hizzy.

"I Just Do Things." :)

The WORST waste of 7 bucks.

Shoulda waited for it to come out on DVD.

Heath Ledger-good

Everyone else plus the storyline-unimpressive, formulaic and uninspiring.

I just saw the movie on Thursday. I liked it a lot, probably the best of the Batman movies to come out. I wasn't too impressed with Christian Bale, but I thought Heath Ledger was great. It is too bad they can't make a sequel with Heath in it.

So who do you think is going to play the Riddler? Will Jim Carey come back?

94260412sf9.jpg

Batman_vs.jpg

Sounds schizo.

me & my boyfriend were talking the other day about who the next villain will be. we were thinking it's probably the Riddler b/c the guy who was gonna tell who batman's identity is (the worker who found the drawings of the bat mobile). my b/f said he thinks his name is the same name as the riddler.

it does make sense tho if they do remake the movie that had poisen ivy, riddler and mr. freeze. that movie was just too family friendly and cheezy. also we were saying that since batman no longer has his love interest, poisen ivy would probably play in nicely.