the different types of GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hye345

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How would you guys rank the following 'classes' of GPA in order of relative importance for the majority of pharmacy schools:

Total cumulative GPA
pharmcas GPA (science + electives)
science GPA (including math)

Also, would a course that is titled 'environmental science' be considered a science course, or is that too far away from the topic of biology to be considered as such? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am so sick of questions like this. Just apply and see how you do. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even though this forum is free, stop abusing it it.

Don't be rude. He/she was just asking a question. My answer is that it depends on the school, but your science classes are probably most important. Good luck :thumbup:

I am so sick of questions like this. Just apply and see how you do. Good luck.

Actually, I can't really apply now, because I am not even halfway done with my prerequisites.

I was asking because my (academic) situation is rather complicated (failed and retook a class, transfer credit, non-biological science courses, etc), so its kinda hard to calculate my GPA as of yet.

Actually, I can't really apply now, because I am not even halfway done with my prerequisites.

I was asking because my (academic) situation is rather complicated (failed and retook a class, transfer credit, non-biological science courses, etc), so its kinda hard to calculate my GPA as of yet.

It all depends on where you go. This is why people are kinda aggravated to answer a question like this. Also, GPA really means little in the long run. So long as you are above the minimum GPA, then you are fine to apply. I wouldn't scrutinize the GPA so much. Your science GPA determines how well you can handle pharmacy material. Your overall GPA determines who academically motivated you are. They all should be high if you think about it this way and I suggest you think about it as such.