The Dreaded C-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ekmf27050

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I told myself I wouldn't do a neurotic post on here, but ya'll made me neurotic.

I got a C- in my first college chem course. Good grades in the others, strong advanced science courses postbacc, etc.

I have read a lot of chatter about med schools not accepting C- for prereqs.

However. I have scoured the websites of the two schools I have been accepted at, and neither of them says anything about needing a C or above for prereq courses. They just say "completion" required. Is this something I should email to ask about, or is that the kind of email that makes them mail me some Xanax for Christmas?

Members don't see this ad.

wait, you have already been accepted? so it this a course you took this semester that they have not seen yet? and it was first semester chem?

if you have been accepted and they have seen the grade I'd think there is no problem..

wait, you have already been accepted? so it this a course you took this semester that they have not seen yet? and it was first semester chem?

if you have been accepted and they have seen the grade I'd think there is no problem..
Yes, I have been accepted, they've seen the grade.

I haven't accepted the spot/paid my deposit/etc-- I was unclear if the C- was something that might be an issue after I officially accept the offer and they get my transcripts.

Cue neuroticism.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dunno, maybe they didn't catch the grade.

Yes, I have been accepted, they've seen the grade.

I haven't accepted the spot/paid my deposit/etc-- I was unclear if the C- was something that might be an issue after I officially accept the offer and they get my transcripts.

Cue neuroticism.
i would say calling is the easiest solution...

Screeners aren't that stupid.

Makes sense.

I guess after going through the AACOMAS verification process, I became subconsciously weary of all screeners ever since.

Screeners aren't that stupid.
In your experience, would something like retaking a course be mentioned in an offer of acceptance, or only once the applicant accepts the seat?

For anyone else quietly sharing the same concerns:

School 1 said "Yeah, no, as long as you passed it"
School 2 answered along the same lines
School 3 has done away with prerequisites entirely, and only has recommended courses

I'll check with the other three when the staff is back from break

Reactions: 1 user

School 3 has done away with prerequisites entirely, and only has recommended courses

that's interesting

Do you mind sharing which schools are saying this?

Also got the green light from Cincy and Mayo

Edit: Cincy is another one that says they no longer have prerequisites, only recommendations