Entirecropslost

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I was just curious how many people here answered the questions on secondaries that is like, "is there anything else we should know about you?" Or if you left it blank. If you did answer it what was the gist of your answer?

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
Better to say something, than to not say anything at all. There's a lot of stuff to write about. Me, not applying for 2 cycles, if I saw this, I'd write about certain things that I've done, but not given justice to. Like working at a non-clinical job for the government, and that, while I wasn't out making a cure for cancer, I understood exactly what I did, and helped advance medicine by making it easier for volunteers to find information about clinical trials. Something that sounds good, and wouldn't be evident from your application without detail.

mjos22

10+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Is this a place where you would explain why you want to go to that particular school, or no? Is it just about you? I find this question difficult because between my PS, my application, and the other secondary questions, what more can I say without repeating myself? (considering im a traditional app)

silas2642

silas2642
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Entirecropslost said:
I was just curious how many people here answered the questions on secondaries that is like, "is there anything else we should know about you?" Or if you left it blank. If you did answer it what was the gist of your answer?
I would use it to make yourself unique-- show the adcoms that you really are an individual. For example, on one secondary I mentioned that I have a third nipple and discussed in detail all the discrimination and hardship I have faced as a result of this abnormality and how it will make me one of the most awesomest doctors of all time (not). Needless to say, I ended up getting an interview at that school.

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
i talked about my 9 prehensiled penises :laugh:

OP
E

Entirecropslost

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Thanks for the help, I'm glad u guys said that, I'm going to whip up something to put there. :)