the end is near

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

etf

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
well, it's july 15th. it's starting to come down to the wire, and a lot of waitlists aren't moving AT ALL (at least not according to sdn). what happened this year?

Members don't see this ad.

etf said:
well, it's july 15th. it's starting to come down to the wire, and a lot of waitlists aren't moving AT ALL (at least not according to sdn). what happened this year?

sounds like you went to interviews...........so what is the proper dress for men.......i have a grey suit........but what color shirt and tie should you wear? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
etf said:

I agree with you etf. I feel like all I have heard about is "over acceptance" and "this is an unusual year". That's crap.

well, if some schools are starting this week and next week, then those ppl who may be on waitlists elsewhere will have to drop... leaving us, the die hards who just want that chance, just that one chance is all it takes... it's NOT OVER YET FOLKS, when it is, then we can start a "it's over" thread :( sigh

:luck:

DR. EUGENIC said:
sounds like you went to interviews...........so what is the proper dress for men.......i have a grey suit........but what color shirt and tie should you wear? :confused:

i wore a light blue shirt with a woven herringbone pattern, and a woven gold tie with little white and blue accents. i don't think it mattered.

etf said:

It's not over yet -- every year a handful of people find spots up until orientation week. Some people wait until they actually have to show up to decide. However, from what I've heard (from gossip, not authoritative sources) a number of schools were surprised to find that most of the students they accepted actually are coming, and most of the schools increased their acceptances proportionately this year with the goal of increasig their classes by a couple of slots. The result -- not much waitlist movement and a few schools with overenrollment issues.

Law2Doc said:
It's not over yet -- every year a handful of people find spots up until orientation week. Some people wait until they actually have to show up to decide. However, from what I've heard (from gossip, not authoritative sources) a number of schools were surprised to find that most of the students they accepted actually are coming, and most of the schools increased their acceptances proportionately this year with the goal of increasig their classes by a couple of slots. The result -- not much waitlist movement and a few schools with overenrollment issues.

Well, I just read this, and I feel weird in my stomach. I don't want false hope at this point, but still, I didn't want to feel like its over at this point. I pretty much hate my weekends at this point, and can't wait for mondays to arrive...and that is always scary my friends.

Do y'all have something lined up this year in case you don't hear from the schools? I hope you all get accepted. Good luck!

DR. EUGENIC said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

another thread jack by dr. eugenic. you really need to search or learn to post in the right thread.

etf said:

Tell me about it.

As for that unusual year explanation, I get the feeling that my name touched the waitlist so it turned to crap.

DR. EUGENIC said:

:sleep: