Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm writing a paper right now, and doing the usual procrastination. It's for my critical reasoning class, we have to take a scholarly paper from our field (vet medicine for me, obviously) and then identify major and minor arguments. I spent a good hour and a half finding the article in a research database, scanning technical jargon and trying to find something that was readable at my level of veterinary experience and that also sparked interest. I stumbled across a great one from the Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical care entitled Ethics of Critical Care, written by a PhD studying philosophy at Colorado State. Very interesting!
So, I'd like to start a discussion. As a future practitioner of veterinary medicine (hopefully!!!), is your moral obligation ultimately to the patient or to the client? Do you consider the preferences of the client over the welfare of the patient? Why?
🙂
So, I'd like to start a discussion. As a future practitioner of veterinary medicine (hopefully!!!), is your moral obligation ultimately to the patient or to the client? Do you consider the preferences of the client over the welfare of the patient? Why?
🙂
Small world... at first glance, he is this tough, bearded New Yorker motorcycle guy... but then you talk to him and he has the softest heart when it comes to animals, even lab mice!