The format of Naplex

Started by Farcus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Farcus

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone tell me why the NAPLEX is not divided into parts like other professional board exams? Like DMD,MD,OD all have their board exam divided into sections of basic science then clinical science.
 
thoughts anyone?

I remember reading somewhere that the test is still structured similar to when pharmacy only required a b.s. So shouldn't that be changed by now?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SO NO ONE has any thought on this? holy **** this profession must be going to ****s
 
I'll take a stab. First of all our NAPLEX is pretty easy, and has a national pass rate of ~90%. I wouldn't worry about it. As for the question about why is it not divided into different sections, life doesn't come at you in pre-defined sections. I'll get a phone call asking about IV compatibility and then a phone call dosing an antibiotic and then a question regarding about different colored pills. Life isn't defined into sections. The test attempts to test a wide range of topics in a non-predefined way.