The geese at NYCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Liquid_Tension

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one at NYCOM that is irritated by the geese? What can we do about these beasts? They seem intent on taking over the campus!
-you most feathered Liquid

Members don't see this ad.

I visited NYCOM a week ago and i agree you cant take a step without steping into guano. Dont be surprised every large field has this problem, thank them for the great grass, since guano makes a great fertilizer.
hehe

I ruined a pair of brnd new pumps when I went to NYCOM. I hate those geese and are they there all year round?

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my friends called this "a quality of life issue."

Yes, the geese are at NYCOM year round. You would think that the cold winter would scare the buggers away, but they are around all year long. What makes the situation bad I think it that the geese are not content to feed off our grass, and occupy the NYCOM land. They push the envelope by squawking at those who walk by them and they are constantly defecating all over the walkways. These geese are rude, crude, lewd, and I am very stewed!
-your brackish Liquid

I agree, those geese are one of the reasons I decided to decline my acceptance to NYCOM ;-)
Go west young man, go west...
Western U. that is!

[This message has been edited by Bevo (edited 05-19-2000).]

But out west you have to deal with Hippies who leave more than just their version of guano all around.

I spent a summer out at SUNY Stony Brook and lived in a quad that surrounded a lake. There was a flock of geese there too that would regularly leave land-mines around, waiting for unsuspecting students to step in on their way to class. I almost always tracked some type of stuff into the dorm, and it wasn't appreciated by the cleaning staff.

But the rest of the campus was fine. No guano, no problem. Tell NYCOM to drain the lake, and the geese be gone!

You NYCOM guys really shouldn't be complaining... I have to watch my step around here and not track crack vials into the building.
smile.gif

Tim of New York City.

I wouldn't worry about the geese they are harmless animals besides all the processed grass that they leave behind.
smile.gif
This is the only time of the year they are really bad because of mating season but once summer and fall come around they don't hang out as much. You have to remember they need a place to live too!

Actually Seneca....I do worry about the geese....they are very hostile this time of year, and infact, it could be dangerous. They have no respect for the students and faculty of NYCOM, and it makes me sick. Speaking of the lake that Tim brought up...does this lake (swamp) really have any function besides breeding grounds for not only the filthy geese, but also parasitic mosquitoes? And Seneca, if the geese are harmless, how about you walk up to one while it is with its little filthy babies and try petting it? See how harmless it is then.
-your most friable Liquid

Why should they have respect or the notion to get out of the way, they are animals! Also, I was not suggesting for anyone to walk up to them and pet them. If you ignore them they will leave you alone. They are just be protective of their babies. Besides it's such a waste of energy to even let them bother you. You should go about your business and ignore them. I'm not trying to belittle your frustration, I understand it but like I said there are other things to be more concerned about.
smile.gif

This is deep.

I wonder if the geese tried to crash the Graduation ceremony today. I think the situtation could have gotten pretty ugly with all the well dressed people crowding around trying not to step in anything.

What does Accept/Hold admission status mean @ NYCOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Although I have never visited, it is my opinion that NYCOM should invest in scarecrows....or scaregeeses (scaregooses??).
Are they Canadian geese?
Anwyay, to whoever tries to scare them away, remember this: geese bite.

(Whoo Hoo!! Nearing 100 posts!!!)

------------------
Josh Hazelton
[email protected]
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
"D.O. Wannabe"

I think Accept/Hold is just another way of saying Waitlisted.

I like the geese. They look cool. Just think about it, if you're ever low on food money you can always munch some tasty Canada Goose, yum.
Honestly, what would NYCOM be without them? They add character to the campus
smile.gif

Hey Alex.......first of all, the geese do not look cool. Rather, I tend to see them as filthy animals who eat a combination of grass and their own feces. Next off, munching on some Canada geese sounds like a great idea to me! As far as I am concerned, there are way to many of these disgusting and rude beasts on the NYCOM campus, and a 40-50% reduction in the population would be great! Not that I would be the one to eat these diseased brutes.......nah, I will stick with my healthy diet of fun dip, pixie sticks, coffee, cola, bubble yum, big league chew, sweet tarts, and iodized salt. And last of all, the only character the geese add to NYCOM is soiled walkways and noise pollution.
-Your most osmotic Liquid

Heh, when I was at NYCOM for my interview, I thought the geese were a cool aesthetic component to the campus. These posts are cracking me up though.

Harmless my @$$ those freakin' geese chased me when I was walking through the grass/geese poop trying to get to my interview on time.

They made this loud squak and ran after me like I was a piece of bread. Imagine a six foot man running from a gaggle of angry geese.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

The only geese I want to see are headless, featherless, and cooked to a golden brown with moist tender insides stuffed with cornbread dressing (maybe some cranberry sause on the side).

mad.gif
@%#$#in' wild aninmals and their green piles of stinky poop mines!!! There ought to be a law!!!

OOOOOO they make me SICK!!!!
mad.gif
SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW!

[This message has been edited by Sheon (edited 05-22-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Sheon (edited 05-22-2000).]

I must agree that the geese are a very nice aesthetic component to the NYCOM campus.

I mean, to be honest, without them the campus would just be three ugly buildings(though functional) and a giant lot.

Tim of New York City.

As huntable public land is disappearing at a rapid rate, why don't one of you enterprising NYCOM students advertise in national hunting magazines for "guided geese hunting trips!" I've seen some outlandish prices for guided hunting trips .... might be a way of funding your education with fewer loans!!!

Eric J
UHS04

You guys are too funny!
biggrin.gif
I wish I would have a chance to see what you guys are talking about!

Hey Flipper....actually, I was at Walmart the other day, and I talked the salesman into letting me look at the gun selection they had in the back room. It turns out that they had a 1942 50mm elephant gun with a 1000 zoom scope sitting in the corner. Well, after purchasing this gun....I think I will have to take a trip over to the NYCOM geese lands, and take this population reduction into my own hands. After that, I am going to drain the swamp, and turn it into a giant gladiator pit...where on a weekly basis, we will have various fights and activities for entertainment.
-Your most trigger happy Liquid

Why have a fight in a drained swamp, when NYCOM 1 (or is it 2) has a pit already built right in? Imagine...

Each member of the audience will be able to view the pit's activities with carefully directed, wall-to-wall mirrors.

Save the environment and take advantage of the amazing built-in skylight.

Save some money on cleaning bills because the carpeting is orange, and a spot of blood (from wrestling or other such activities) would go well with it -- gives it a certain flair or funk.

Tim of New York City.