the golden standard for Microbiology therapy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahmad sharawneh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got three resources

kaplan micro + CMMRS + Sanjiv micro flash cards and sometime there is a conflict on the best treatment for some microorganisms . what is the most reliable source in terms of Bugs treatment ? what is the golden standard ? and the source that gives you the right treatment .

Members don't see this ad.

i got three resources

kaplan micro + CMMRS + Sanjiv micro flash cards and sometime there is a conflict on the best treatment for some microorganisms . what is the most reliable source in terms of Bugs treatment ? what is the golden standard ? and the source that gives you the right treatment .
FA

Why are you focusing on the tiny little details? FA and CMMRS are enough, all what you need is in there. True there are multiple treatment options for H. pylori for example, but there's always first line, second line etc... so know those and you'll be good for micro.
Besides, antibiotic resistance is increasing daily, there's been reports of colistin resistant pseudomonas recently. The latest protocol might change on the day you take step 1, are they expecting you to know that? I don't think so.
So don't worry too much about that and focus on the interactions and contraindications of antibiotics, because more than ever, people are saying thats where the money is on pharm questions.
Good luck

Reactions: 1 users