1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

The highest mcat score in history

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Farrah, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Farrah

Farrah Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i heard the highest score in history for the Mcats was a 40. Is that true or not?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Wahooali

Wahooali The Real Sydney Bristow
    7+ Year Member

Nope. Not true. One of my best friends got a 43R last April, and I've heard of a few other 43s. Have yet to hear of anyone obtaining higher than that though.

4. Kalel

Kalel Membership Revoked
    Removed

I had a classmate who scored the highest possible score possible at his test time. He got a range of 13-15 on 2 sections, and a 15 on the third section. Sometimes, they give ranges for the upper scores if the deviation is too small to differentiate one top score from another.

5. ad_sharp

ad_sharp Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The highest possible is a 45. However, I don't think anybody's done it in the last couple of tests, but it has been done.

6. camstah

camstah running thru dandelions
    7+ Year Member

well, with the verbal being scored as 13-15 until i think that last test, the highest was 43-45....but there is this one girl who scored a 45T before they changed the verbal section....

7. mellantro

mellantro Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

There are a few SDNers I've seen with MCATs of 42 or 43 (n=4). 2 with a 42, 2 with a 43. I've never seen anyone with a score higher than that.

8. JohnHolmes

JohnHolmes Large Member
    10+ Year Member

WHO????????????

:cool:

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Enjoying Life
    10+ Year Member

Dude man, you need to calm that competitive edge down a lil bit :D

10. IrishOarsman

IrishOarsman My Rx: Guiness
    7+ Year Member

I got a 39-41S (the august 2002, last 13-15verbal scoring) and out of 250 premeds applicants at my school there is at least one person (maybe even as high as 3) above me.

Aside: I think my experience after interviewing has shown only one thing... high 30s and above get you the interview, nothing more. Clicking, for lack of a better word, with one's interviewer then becomes possibly the most important factor.

11. irie

irie royale with cheese
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I made the mistake of clicking on the link in Cwriston's sig and saw that my mcat score is blindingly pale compaired to his.

12. Disenchanted 1

Disenchanted 1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yep as everyone mentioned I knew this guy from one of my classes who scored a 43 as well two years ago and headed right to JH.

13. Disenchanted 1

Disenchanted 1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Mind you.....there are plenty of people who get interviews and ACCEPTANCES with scores lower than 30's...so dont advertise that 30 as the magic number for interview. :smuggrin:

14. JohnHolmes

JohnHolmes Large Member
    10+ Year Member

Hopkins put the smack down on my candy @$$. So did HMS. But HMS gave me the people's elbow ... respected at least.

15. LP1CW

LP1CW Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Cooper, I just read your profile on MDapps

and you indicate that you didn't pay your secondary fees. Is that true? Why? What were you thinking?

Were you granted a fee waiver for your AMCAS application because you're economically disadvantaged?

16. underAchiever

underAchiever leoni ridenti
    7+ Year Member

I just heard this the other day, this girl was talking about a friend of hers here at USF that scored a 45, she is relatively reliable source unless she was namedropping or something...

17. gujuDoc

10+ Year Member

Medical Student, Resident [Any Field]
    Let's not forget the infamous Squat n' squeeze that supposedly got into Harvard and had a 44T

:laugh:

Actually, though, my friend knew someone with a 40 MCAT score.

18. zinjanthropus

Physician Faculty 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    the person didn't advertise that...they said something that is true - a score in the 30s will get you interviews...it doesn't mean that you won't get interviews with scores below 30 - the score itself just won't be the one piece of your app that really got you that interview

19. JohnHolmes

JohnHolmes Large Member
    10+ Year Member

I just decided not to finish the application, its not like I completed the secondary essays and said "oh, i sent a check in the mail for the secondary" fee and never did. I just thought it would make the mdapplicant profile funnier with those quotes in there.

Im definitely not economically disadvantaged, im not rich by any means either ...

In the end, I just decided I didn't want to be on the West Coast, although its a sweet place. Just as people on the WESTSIDE wanna stay there (many do at least).

20. IrishOarsman

IrishOarsman My Rx: Guiness
    7+ Year Member

Sorry, right... I didn't mean to limit the possibility of getting in with a given lower score, I just meant that people shouldn't despair if they do not get a 40 or blow off the rest of the process either if they do.