The info in verbal passages

Started by Hanguk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Is it real? I mean I've taken a liking to reading the verbal passages in the EK 101 book because I feel like I'm learning while reading, but then I realized these passages could've just been made up and don't have any literary value.

There's no source citation in the EK 101 book either. Does anyone know? I genuinely want to be able to share what I learn from these passages with other people but all the information could just be fake in order to help students practice for the MCAT.

i doubt they would use false info (unless of course it is one of those extreme passages where the author takes a definitive point for or against the topic which he could then maybe use false info to make his argument, but even then i think is highly unlikely).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hah I wish I could share in your enthusiasm of MCAT verbal passages. I think I've read two maybe three that I have been genuinely interested in.

Try typing some of the body of text into google, and you might find the source.... If it is published anywhere, I'm pretty sure that would atleast put you on the path to finding its source.
 
I find it hard to believe the author of the book wrote all of that himself. More than likely he just found excerpts he liked from various books, magazines, and journals and only came up with the questions and explanations.
 
omg, I thought I was such a loser for actually enjoying some of the EK101 passages, haha. Also, it's strange that EK claims that AAMC never reveals the actual author of a passage (and therefore never cites its own passages), and then you open up an AAMC practice exam and every article is cited...
 
not gonna lie i was doing terrible on verbal, then started pretending that I loved reading the articles and they were the best part of my entire life... and my scores went from 7 to 10. Now from that experience I actually genuinely enjoy reading the passages which is kind of weird.... but I do way better


Also I wiki a lot of the passage stuff after, pretty interesting sometimes