The Internist & Rural Medicine - Form and Function

Started by goprisko
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

goprisko

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cabin Builder has done a marvelous job of describing the day to day functions of
a FP in a rural setting.

However, the largest group of primary care doctors are Internists, those whose
specialty is Internal Medicine. I classify these people as physicians, and their
board certification organization is the "American College of Physicians".

I also note that various Federal and State programs cover those who practice
IM.

I hope others will share the functions and responsibilities of the IM practitioner
in a rural environment, and shed light on how the physician best fits into the
needs of his/her rural community.

INDY