the interview season

Started by flip26
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

flip26

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody have any interviews this past year in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years?

What is a surefire dead zone for interviews? Looking for approximately 2 weeks where I can schedule an out of country trip...preferably before Christmas, so perhaps from say Dec 10 to say Dec 22...
 
I doubt that'll be a possibility. Hopefully you'll be able to schedule your interviews rather than have schools tell you when you're going to be there. You could always plan your trip for next March. 😛
 
Anybody have any interviews this past year in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years?

What is a surefire dead zone for interviews? Looking for approximately 2 weeks where I can schedule an out of country trip...preferably before Christmas, so perhaps from say Dec 10 to say Dec 22...

Not last year, but I went on 3 interviews between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then had 2 more in the first two weeks after New year's.

Most schools seemed to interview on a "school year" schedule - i.e. they stop sometime around Dec 15-20 and then restart shortly after New Year's.
 
Right. The most surefire 'dead zone' is from ~Dec 15-20 (depending on how the calendar works out; I'm lazy) to January 1.
 
Last edited: