The Investment Thread (stocks, bonds, real estate, retirement, just not gold)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
cant argue with that. did the halving happen already ?

It will occur on 4/19, so this run up is pretty incredible. I'm sure it will pullback. Would have been more fun if it happened on 4/20 LoL.

Members don't see this ad.

NVDA might pass AAPL in market cap at the end of this year. Amazing!

Holy hell I think you will be right. It's catching up fast. AMD already passed TM and COST.

Holy hell I think you will be right. It's catching up fast. AMD already passed TM and COST.
I guess I missed the AI mania.

I am not sure what's going on with AAPL? I own ~ 400 shares of APPL and it does not seem they have anything going on for them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I missed the AI mania.

I am not sure what's going on with AAPL? I own ~ 400 shares of APPL and it does not seem they have anything going on for them.
I'm not sure maybe the canceled EV project made it drop? My friend told me the Vision Pro is underwhelming. Maybe everyone's just caught up with the AI hype. AAPL and GOOG's AI are apparently not good. It's not like people will stop buying iPhones.

Reactions: 1 user
BTC about to hit ATH.

Anyone still buying semiconductors? I'm extremely late as usual. Was thinking of getting the ETF SMH. Or should I just get NVDA or AMD?

Anyone still buying semiconductors? I'm extremely late as usual. Was thinking of getting the ETF SMH. Or should I just get NVDA or AMD?

I have both, but the ETFs ER are a little high for my taste last time I checked.

Anyone getting RIVN? The new R2 and R3 models look nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering why these forums were so dead then I realized BMB was banned again 😣

I finally sold the last of the only individual stock I owned - actually it was my wife's that she was given to her by her dad when she was still a teenager - I sold like 15% of it a year until it was all gone. (that way I stayed under the married filing jointly income limit for a Roth IRA)

Robinhood now has a 3% cash back credit card that puts the money into your brokerage account:

Robinhood now has a 3% cash back credit card that puts the money into your brokerage account:
Need to be a Gold member, so essentially a $60 annual fee. Pass.

Transitioned my banking over to SoFi refinancing remaining student loans, SoFi credit card has 3% cash back (limited to 6 months if I’m remembering correctly then backs down to 2%). Banking features similar to Ally with a plethora of helpful online and app budgeting tools (no bucket system - notorious feature Ally has). Huge time saver with direct deposit (1 day earlier than my former big name traditional bank and transfers to HYSA - decent 4.6% rate- on same day, Monday-Friday)

Anyone else know/share any good promos/offers? Plethora around new years, I did a few this year already

Last edited:
Flummoxed

Retired one of my student loans from my capital gains and my FICO score dropped nearly 30 points.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Flummoxed

Retired one of my student loans from my capital gains and my FICO score dropped nearly 30 points.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
So many factors at play. The average length of accounts may have declined. But regardless it will be transitory.

Congrats on the huge milestone!

Bought some apple at $168.

@mentos did you fianlly make money in crypto? I hope you held on to Btc and ETH..

Bought some apple at $168.

@mentos did you fianlly make money in crypto? I hope you held on to Btc and ETH..

Yep finally green! I'm only up 7% now but at one point was up 29% at last month's peak. I plan to sell end this year or next year.

Reactions: 1 users
LoL 😆 I got banned from the SDN discord cause I said WMT flipped TSLA and it would be funny if XOM flipped TSLA. The mod is a TSLA fanboy.

• Haha
There it is, XOM flipped TSLA! Maybe XOM should be part of the magnificent 7? LoL.

1000025880.png

GOOG flipped NVDA. Do you guys still think NVDA will flip AAPL this year?