the last few aamcs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jon stewart

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When should the last few aamcs be taken 9, 10, 11?

2-3 weeks before the exam date so that gives ample time to review after each one?

Basically my online access to kaplan ends a month before my exam date and am wondering how i should approach this bc kaplan gives access to aamc eaxms but that expries about a month out!

thoughts?

thx

Members don't see this ad.

Call Kaplan and ask for an extension because you changed your MCAT date.

actually they already extended it for me ...lol so i used that option already!
so it expires a month out b4 the jan 2012 test date (assuming they will have one then which they have for the last few years)

so it expires a month out b4 the jan 2012 test date (assuming they will have one then which they have for the last few years)

Why did you sign up for a course that was so far from your test date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why did you sign up for a course that was so far from your test date?

well i was supposed to take it this summer but i am not doing as well on practice tests so i want to push back to jan and study more and thats why it was extended for a little bit

score so far:

Kaplan FL 2 9/10/10
Kaplan FL 3 10/9/8
Kaplan FL 4 11/8/9

I had mine extended twice. I changed courses, then they extended my access, then I pushed my test date back because I didn't feel ready for original date and they extended it again. The customer service people have been really nice and didn't question me at all both times, they just extended it right there while I was on the phone.

Keep calling, it definitely depends on which person you speak to. I had mine extended once for a month but still didn't feel ready. When I called they said I couldn't extend again and the only option I had was to use my higher score guarantee, but i really didn't want to waste that incase i need to retake in January. I called back and just told the second person what was going on and they extended it until my test date.

ok thanks i will try that

besides i should spend the last month doing aamc exams anyway right?

Should aamc 11 be taken like 3-4 days before or should it be taken like a week before so one has enough time to review?

A lot of poeple are saying that aamc 11 is the best indicator of how it will go so if one bombs that a few days before the test..lol thats no good!
but i geuss most people here average their practice exam scores anyway so if i get the kaplan ones out of the way by the time it expires i can just do aamc in that last month anyway?

Do AAMC 4-7 days before your real deal. Yes it is the best indicator so review it thoroughly, make sure you understand all of your mistakes. Good luck!