The latest date to take DAT for first cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imn0tokei

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would June 23rd or June 25th be a good date to include my application for the first cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

You probably wouldn't make first batch due to processing time. Your app if submitted would go out in the first but your DAT would likely follow in the second or third.

Reactions: 1 user
It seriously doesn't matter if you are in the very first batch.

Submit your application sometime in June so that your GPA will be verified. Then, take your DAT on one of the dates listed above. At the very worst, you'll be in the 3rd batch. You'll encounter no issues whatsoever.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to be in the first batch you need to have your application in by June 15th, that's what AADSAS always says. It will take at least 2 weeks for AADSAS to receive and update your application. If your stats are just average then the sooner you submit your application the better. Like glimmer said, you can submit your application without DAT or LOR so I would check out what can be updated once you've submitted so that something little doesn't hang you up.

Reactions: 1 user
It seriously doesn't matter if you are in the very first batch.

Submit your application sometime in June so that your GPA will be verified. Then, take your DAT on one of the dates listed above. At the very worst, you'll be in the 3rd batch. You'll encounter no issues whatsoever.

Will this still make me an early applicant though even if i'm in the third batch?

Get everything in before August and you're early. Seriously, whether your be in batch 1 or 8, it doesn't matter. Lots of schools don't even start reviewing apps until August.

I'm re-applying... Can I submit my app as is then submit my retakes?