The Long Wait

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sluggo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody suffering the long wait for match (36 days and counting)? why can't we just find out after rank lists are submitted. It is especially tough for those of us raniking programs all over the country!

Members don't see this ad.

yep, i get distracted pretty easily thinking about the match and how its going to end up. Pretty stressful!!!

Im doing an MPH in EPI and in this morning class I was thinking more about my number 2 and 3 if I should switch them than paying attention to class.

Its absurd that something run by a computer takes more than 20 days for them to report the results. I heard one time that the computer runs the match in minutes but that they take for ever to go over it etc etc.

Yeah, after that anesthesiology match fiasco a few years ago (at Kentucky IIRC) where they accidentally ranked all their PGY1 applicants in their PGY2 slots and vice versa (so nobody matched there one year, and it rippled to all the other programs), and nobody at NRMP did or could do anything about it, what's the point of having so much time? If people actually went over the matches by hand and that took 20 days, fine. I too heard the "20 minutes to run, 20 days to check" thing.But it's all computerized from what I can tell, and it's not like they need to rent computer time on a PDP-10. You think now they could cut that time in half and still have days extra.

How's the Epi MPH going? Studying anything interesting? I too often find myself daydreaming about my #4 vs. #5, etc, even when I should be thinking about epi stuff.

the mph is going pretty well, doing some research with one of the epidemiologist here about renal disease and will get some pubilcations out before residency.

Im doing the MPH in UF so we have been partying alot since Jan 8th!! LOL.

And now the basketball tournament comes up!! lets see what happens.