The Lounge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
sunny123 said:
I'm guessing, meeta-ji, that you had a good evening as well?? :D
Yep,Sunny...I had a great evening....... :)

i just finished watching i robot but was kinda dumb but I do like the robots graphics and personality reminded me of data. lol

Ninjzz said:
Didn't think he was, but thought I'd ask anyways.
yeah I'm just doing this for the summer. Two months now dedicated towards studying something that keeps coming back to haunt me...... It's not that I don't like physics, I'd prefer chem... but one of my physics buddies was glad that I got physics than chem (he's gonna be doing his PhD in iit this Sept.)....

Anyways....

Oh yeah, iROBOT was decent... not bad, but not great.

data said:
i just finished watching i robot but was kinda dumb but I do like the robots graphics and personality reminded me of data. lol

It's sad when a CGI character has more personality than the lead human. That having been said, I loved the robots. I give the CGI 2 x :thumbup: .

Ninjzz said:
It's sad when a CGI character has more personality than the lead human. That having been said, I loved the robots. I give the CGI 2 x :thumbup: .
WHAT IS YOUR AVATAR? WHICH TRANSFORMER IS IT?

data said:
WHAT IS YOUR AVATAR? WHICH TRANSFORMER IS IT?

It's not a transformer at all. It's "Ninjzz" from a show called Bots Master that was on in the early 90's. If only I could find the show on DVD...

Ninjzz said:
It's not a transformer at all. It's "Ninjzz" from a show called Bots Master that was on in the early 90's. If only I could find the show on DVD...

I remember Bots Master...it only lasted 2-3 years I think...it came on my local UPN station

saffronrain said:
Okay. So I'm back by popular demand. :p :laugh: I kid.

But check this out: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4626857.stm
I've been to the book streets of Calcutta, and EVERY store is packed with the latest and best editions of EVERYTHING..... although they have the newspaper covering on them, so you gotta peel that stuff off of the covers to see what you're getting :p

Members don't see this ad :)
sunny123 said:
I've been to the book streets of Calcutta, and EVERY store is packed with the latest and best editions of EVERYTHING..... although they have the newspaper covering on them, so you gotta peel that stuff off of the covers to see what you're getting :p
y newspaper?

Ninjzz said:
Cheap protection. Just like a sheepskin condom.
:eek: sheepskin?

data said:
:eek: sheepskin?

"Natural" condoms made from animal intestines. They're effective against pregnancy, but not most STDs.

Ninjzz said:
"Natural" condoms made from animal intestines. They're effective against pregnancy, but not most STDs.
:laugh:

^^^^^^^^

:laugh: Prady- any comments?? :laugh:

I've been doing a lot of biking lately. And I need some sunglasses to keep the bugs away from my eye. problem is that i already wear glasses. Does anyone know of any glass or google to wear over my glasses and not looking like a freak?

data said:
I've been doing a lot of biking lately. And I need some sunglasses to keep the bugs away from my eye. problem is that i already wear glasses. Does anyone know of any glass or google to wear over my glasses and not looking like a freak?

Get prescription shades. The style may be somewhat restricted depending on how bad your vision is, but it's definitely the way to go because you won't be worrying about losing those pesky clip-ons. Moreover, clip-ons have spacing between them and the glasses' lenses, which causes unpleasant glare, making a standalone frame all that much more desirable.

If you're planning on going the clip-on route, check to see if they're already available for your frame. Regardless of the option you choose, make sure you get the polarized lenses, which should virtually eliminate all glare.

you can get clipons

Ninjzz said:
Get prescription shades. The style may be somewhat restricted depending on how bad your vision is, but it's definitely the way to go because you won't be worrying about losing those pesky clip-ons. Moreover, clip-ons have spacing between them and the glasses' lenses, which causes unpleasant glare, making a standalone frame all that much more desirable.

If you're planning on going the clip-on route, check to see if they're already available for your frame. Regardless of the option you choose, make sure you get the polarized lenses, which should virtually eliminate all glare.

I don't care about the sun in my eyes. I just don't want any bugs in my eyes. :oops:

data said:
I don't care about the sun in my eyes. I just don't want any bugs in my eyes. :oops:

Well, I've biked with prescription shades without any probs.

And it IS a good idea to care about sun in the eyes. :cool:

data- i like your avatar ... and yeah.. sun in your eyes ain't a good thing. :cool:

saffronrain said:
data- i like your avatar ... and yeah.. sun in your eyes ain't a good thing. :cool:
Thanks. I don't care because my helmet comes with a visor :laugh: which doesn't do that much. Oh well.
I have a question on the tour de france. Why is there a team time trial and a individual time trial. So if you travel in teams in the team time trial and you ride slow does this effect your individual time trial?

tomcruise.gif

that is a pretty sick avatar!

yo data- what the fluff is that video of?! oprah and who...??? :eek:

QUESTION: does anyone know of the song that goes something like this, "tere chehre pe mujhe pyaar nazaar aata hai..?" if so, let me know what it means.. and what movie it came from. i'm pretty sure we have the tape somewhere in our house, but i just can't seem to find it. i get all these hindi songs stuck in my head, yet i don't know what any of them mean!! :( a little help?

saffronrain said:
QUESTION: does anyone know of the song that goes something like this, "tere chehre pe mujhe pyaar nazaar aata hai..?" if so, let me know what it means.. and what movie it came from. i'm pretty sure we have the tape somewhere in our house, but i just can't seem to find it. i get all these hindi songs stuck in my head, yet i don't know what any of them mean!! :( a little help?
Nay,,no clue wht movie is it from or wht song is it??sorry :rolleyes:
but it means" I c love in ur face" :love: ... :)

desikudi said:
Nay,,no clue wht movie is it from or wht song is it??sorry :rolleyes:
but it means" I c love in ur face" :love: ... :)

oh. :oops: thanks.
i don't know what movie it's from... that's part of the problem.

Counsellor troi is the worst character in the world. She can't solve anything. Almost put the enterprise on jeopardy. I say we petition TNG and delete her from every episode. AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH. :mad:

saffronrain said:
yo data- what the fluff is that video of?! oprah and who...??? :eek:
you don't know who it is with oprah? :eek:

data said:
Counsellor troi is the worst character in the world. She can't solve anything. Almost put the enterprise on jeopardy. I say we petition TNG and delete her from every episode. AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH. :mad:

First of all, TNG rocks!!!

Now, one thing I have to say about the good counsellor is that she's one hot mama (yeah, you heard me). And, really, she's become far more useful over the years. :D

^ tom cruise :sleep:

I logged 19 miles todayon my bike and my hands are so sore and worn out. Skin is peeling off my thumb. Can anyone recommend a good glove?

and another 10 on a mountain trail with my friends mountain bike (at least the seat was padded)