The "magic" number of interviews?

Started by sputum
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sputum

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have heard some people say that if you go on 9-12 interviews, you have >90% of matching, or some other similar theme.

Can anyone shed some light on to this topic?😎
 
More is better.

My take:

1-3:would make me scared.
3-6:still a little nervous, but know other people who only went to this many and matched.
7-9: doing pretty well.
10-15: I think that with 10 interviews, a candidate with any social ability should be able to match.
>15: You have blown too much $ on the interview trail.

I had 13, BTW. I had to turn down 1-2 because of date conflicts, but can't really remember that well.