cubicw86

10+ Year Member
May 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
hahaha
if you have under a 3.00, its hard to get into a master program. How would that be a good solution for people with low ass GPA

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Akron, OH
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Invest in a graduate schools book. Plenty of schools take people for certain programs with a 2.7+ and probably one or two take people with a 2.5 +. Below this, I'd think about retaking some courses you didn't do very well in. Where there is a will, there is a way. Historically, I have found it helpful to contact someone in a program you are interested in, tell them your situation, and let them tell you what you have to do to have a good shot at their program.

drpduck

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2001
Baltimore
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I concur with SugarNaCl, my masters program only required a 3.0 in the last half of your undergrad studies, which may not equate to a 3.0 overall. Even if you do not gain admission to the full program, most grad schools offer conditional acceptance to which you must maintain above a certain GPA for your first few classes to no longer have the provisional status (usually B and higher in each course).

I had barely above a 3.0 and got into a masters program, unconditionally, as well as admitted to a certificate program at a medical school. I chose the masters because of the real degree vs. certificate.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.