The May 10 day before the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badasshairday

Vascular and Interventional Radiology
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are you going to do on thursday May 10?

A lot of people say to take that day off. But I don't know if I can.... I need to at least practice one verbal test. Also I have finals next week so I figure I won't study for the MCAT on thursday but I will study for my final exam in physio (i know its sort of cheating because that is still studying for the mcat).

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am sleeping in also... then review some notes... go cruising around town on my motorbike... then review and sleep.

i am definitely going to look stuff over and probably do a verbal test. maybe do some discretes, look over some flashcards... i know that not studying and "relaxing" would stress me out more than studying. i feel like if i take a break stuff will spontaneously fall out of my head (delta G would be negative and the stuff would fall with contant acceleration at 9.8m/s^2 neglecting friction or would reach terminal velocity depending on its surface area) i do need a break......:eek:

I think i am just gonna take a verbal practice test... i suk @ verbal... review my flashcards... get a Thai massage... and watch Grey's anatomy.... hmmm... Where is everyone taking their test?? I am taking it in SF on Kearney St!
GUD LUCK GUYS!!!!!! Hopefully it woudl be super duper easy and everyone will rock it!
Ciao!:D

I think i am just gonna take a verbal practice test... i suk @ verbal... review my flashcards... get a Thai massage... and watch Grey's anatomy.... hmmm... Where is everyone taking their test?? I am taking it in SF on Kearney St!
GUD LUCK GUYS!!!!!! Hopefully it woudl be super duper easy and everyone will rock it!
Ciao!:D

My friend took it in SF also! I was about to but I decided to go back to my parents house the night before the exam to make sure I get good sleep.

I'm probably just going to do some verbal and light review. Study physio not too seriously then eat ice cream!

I took a full practice test today and got a 10 10 11, so I'm taking the day completely off . . . ok so I think i'll go over some physics equations and gen chem b4 bed, I'm taking the test in colorado springs

i've been really behind with preparing for the MCATs with final exams, 2 moves, and the passing of my grandmother. does anyone think it is a horrible idea that I take 2 practice exams tomorrow? I've only done 4 Princeton review and 3 AAMCAS ones and I'd really like to get better exposure.

i've been really behind with preparing for the MCATs with final exams, 2 moves, and the passing of my grandmother. does anyone think it is a horrible idea that I take 2 practice exams tomorrow? I've only done 4 Princeton review and 3 AAMCAS ones and I'd really like to get better exposure.

ummm, are you planning on taking the real test on friday (tomorrow)?

Members don't see this ad :)

Dont stress yourself out! That's the key! I think taking two practice tests in one day will definitely take a lot outta you... i am behind as well...so i am just looking for random passages in all the sections... and doing them under "NOT TIMED" conditions... so i get the practice without all the stress! :thumbup:
Once again, Gud luck everyone!

Should I try an re-memorize everything? I felt like I am forgetting everything already. :(.. Just One more day to go. Should just sit there and try and memorize everything???? like chemical reaction in Ochem and biology pathways.
When I took the AAMC, the information given are pretty extensive. There are almost no question that needed me to crack my memory bank open. Like you can find everything in the passage. So, should I still memorize everything in detail?
God, this thing is so stressful.

What are you going to do on thursday May 10?

A lot of people say to take that day off. But I don't know if I can.... I need to at least practice one verbal test. Also I have finals next week so I figure I won't study for the MCAT on thursday but I will study for my final exam in physio (i know its sort of cheating because that is still studying for the mcat).

Do a test you've done before and do it so well that it will make you feel positive by looking at an excellent score. And I would certainly do a verbal section.. cs I suck at verbal.

Do a test you've done before and do it so well that it will make you feel positive by looking at an excellent score. And I would certainly do a verbal section.. cs I suck at verbal.
i wouldn't take a test...go over your flashcards/notes

forced myself to sleep until 10:30. now looking over notes. gonna do that for a couple hours and then do a few verbal passages but probably not a whole 40 question section or anything. then maybe read through my mistakes on aamcs 8-10. then go out to dinner, drink some wine and go to sleep before midnight. and try to sleep until 9 or 10 tomorrow so i wont be up stressing. :luck:

I drove to the testing center yesterday to check it out, and tonight I'm cooking a huge dinner. It's really hard to put down the flashcards, but at this point the huge stack of things is memorized, and I don't think anything is going to fall out between now and tomorrow. I'm just trying to get rested and focused, and try not to throw up between now and test time :scared:

I also did nothing all day today except play chess, I bought some chocolate donuts and mountain dew for the morning, ready to rock and roll!

Took the whole day off, I'm planning to sleep in 40 mins.

Get my 8 hours of sleep, wake up, eat breakfast, watch CNN, skim my newspaper, go to the testing center and take the exams at noon!