The MCAT is a pathetically stupid test !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreeMeDoctor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got

13- PS
11 - VS
8 - BS

I was at the top of every biology class I ever took and I struggled with physics more than any other class. This test does not determine very much.

Members don't see this ad.

Doing well in biology classes doesnt mean youll do well on the MCAT. Knowing mindless, and countless facts (which will get you 100 at my uni) is not the same as sound reasoning (which will get you 100 on the mcat)

Doing well in biology classes doesnt mean youll do well on the MCAT. Knowing mindless, and countless facts (which will get you 100 at my uni) is not the same as sound reasoning (which will get you 100 on the mcat)

I surmise you have never taken a genetics class.

Members don't see this ad :)
my PS section hardly had any physics at all, it was mostly GC, wish it had more physics

I love gchem... it might just be because I'm a Gchem lab TA however... I wish the PS was all gchem.

I got

13- PS
11 - VS
8 - BS

I was at the top of every biology class I ever took and I struggled with physics more than any other class. This test does not determine very much.

Don't worry, with this score you will get into a medical school somewhere in the carribean for sure. 8 means no admission now adays you need atleast a 8.5 to get to New York Medical college via New Jersey. I'm kidding, best of luck I'm sure you wil make a great physician and your scores are outstanding.:)

yeah the classes got nothing to do with MCAT...

thats why you see people with 35+ and their GPAs in low 3s

He's implying that taking a genetics course requires more than just a mindless memorization of a conglomeration of facts. It requires the understanding and application of concepts and testable working definitions.

Then I guess I can respond with:

"I surmise you have never been to my university"