SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

The Mid-semester panic attack!

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by mynamewastaken, Mar 28, 2007.

1. mynamewastaken

mynamewastaken Member 5+ Year Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Hey all,

I'm currently in the Penn post-bacc program and a little worried if I'm wasting my time and money...graduated ugrad (ivy) with a 3.0 took gbio and gchem got A's but that was like 6-7 years ago....now as a post bacc i'm taking ochem and physics plus 7-8 upper levels....upper levels will be mostly A's, but the ochem and physics are looking like B's....overall post-bacc GPA will likely be around 3.5-3.6....so even though i've been out of school for several years my overall cum will be maybe a 3.1...science 3.6-3.7 ish (guess). Has anyone ever gotten into med school with a mediocre (3.5) post bacc after doing around 3.0 as an undergrad....you know because the motto here is A or die. thanks so much!
    PS i'm not opposed to DO schools and my ECs (prior to post bacc cuz i'm working now) were great.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. mynamewastaken

mynamewastaken Member 5+ Year Member

Jun 23, 2005
    whoa was it something i said? anyone?.....pleeease

4. Lshapley

Lshapley Old Man Med Student 2+ Year Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Portland
    MDApps:
    Hey, I'm another Penn student postbac. Stop stressing out! You should be fine. I know you see all over these boards that you are supposed to come out of these programs with a 4.0, but don't believe that. The adcoms understand that the basic sciences are graded on a curve. Have you taken the MCAT yet? That is where all of the work they are making you do will show up. Your 3.5-3.6 bpcm is very good. You'll be fine.