The most complete Step 1 anki deck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laufcra

EM/IM PGY-5
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Myself and several other students made this Step 1 anki deck with great success (250+ with this as primary resource, watched vids/looked over sketchy micro/pharm, and only doing 30% of UWORLD for step 1). It contains the vast majority of the contents from First Aid 2016. Since it was made by multiple students, you may notice a number of stylistic differences in the cards for some decks. Be sure to read the "instructions" card. Some of the cards are quite large, I would recommend doing these decks on a laptop/desktop or a tablet as opposed to a cell phone.
Yield-ski FULL Step 1 First Aid Study Deck
Yield-ski FULL Step 1 First Aid Study Deck 2016-2017 - AnkiWeb

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How does this deck compare to Zanki? With only 5,000 cards, how complete is it? Did you use any other resources other than this card deck and uworld? Thanks!

How does this deck compare to Zanki? With only 5,000 cards, how complete is it? Did you use any other resources other than this card deck and uworld? Thanks!
The reason its only 5000 cards is because some of the cards are quite long [which will require you press 1 to repeat it a number of times before really knowing it well]. I used only uworld and this deck +sketchymicro/pharmacology [sketchy path did not exist yet]. It does not have the useless parts of the biochemistry section, and I didn't have time to make the beginning of the immunology section.

Last edited:
If your deck has cards that are super lengthy, it is not suitable for spaced repetition learning, which is the entire purpose of Anki... there is absolutely no way you can argue that people will find your deck useful if its just a bunch of massive cards that no one in their right mind can hope to memorize.

Reactions: 2 users
Myself and several other students made this Step 1 anki deck with great success (250+ with this as primary resource, watched vids/looked over sketchy micro/pharm, and only doing 30% of UWORLD for step 1). It contains the vast majority of the contents from First Aid 2016, and we consider it to be superior to any of the other decks out there.
Since it was made by multiple students, you may notice a number of stylistic differences in the cards for some decks. Be sure to read the "instructions" card. Some of the cards are quite large, I would recommend doing these decks on a laptop/desktop or a tablet as opposed to a cell phone.
Yield-ski FULL Step 1 First Aid Study Deck
Yield-ski FULL Step 1 First Aid Study Deck 2016-2017 - AnkiWeb

Thanks for making this, its nice having FA broken down into 5000 flash cards IMO. I used Zanki throughout M1/M2, there's just not enough time to do multiple passes of that before I take step.

How well did you know this deck to get a 250? Do you think like 80% would be sufficient? I'm going through it to update it w/ 2018 FA, but there isn't really that much that has changed in 2 years. I've found FA sticks in my memory WAY better using this deck. Thanks again.

The reason its only 5000 cards is because some of the cards are quite long [which will require you press 1 to repeat it a number of times before really knowing it well]. I used only uworld and this deck +sketchymicro/pharmacology [sketchy path did not exist yet]. It does not have the useless parts of the biochemistry section, and I didn't have time to make the beginning of the immunology section. I don't want to make comparisons with other decks, you can judge for yourself which is superior for yourself and use the one that works for you.

Wasn't your initial statement is that your deck is better than any other deck out there?

Reactions: 1 user
Holy **** these decks are not good. They worked for you because you made a good chunk of them. Ppl are better off making their own focused cards, no offense

Sent from my VS996 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for making this, its nice having FA broken down into 5000 flash cards IMO. I used Zanki throughout M1/M2, there's just not enough time to do multiple passes of that before I take step.

How well did you know this deck to get a 250? Do you think like 80% would be sufficient? I'm going through it to update it w/ 2018 FA, but there isn't really that much that has changed in 2 years. I've found FA sticks in my memory WAY better using this deck. Thanks again.

I both made many of the decks and got thru it twice within the 6 weeks of dedicated study time that I had. I made the majority of the decks (neuro and all the others that have a similar style), and I studied until the very last day. My hope is that people could use this deck and use all the time that I spent making it doing uworld questions. If I could go back I probably would have just done all of uworld twice and just referenced FA, but I figured we may as well share the deck now that it exists.

Holy **** these decks are not good. They worked for you because you made a good chunk of them. Ppl are better off making their own focused cards, no offense

Sent from my VS996 using SDN mobile
While they may have more information per card, the expectation is that you would repeat the same card many times. I would rather see students not using their dedicated study time to be making cards, they are better off using that time doing uworld questions. If you consider it a disadvantage that the cards are long, this deck is not for you.

Last edited:
Appreciate you sharing this and all, but I don't know how your 5k card deck could ever be seen as superior to the 20k+ card Zanki deck...
What I think sets the Yieldski deck apart is really stylistic difference, I'll show you what I mean.

Here is a cloze deletion Zanki card from the cardiovascular deck:
Front: Polyarteritis nodosa may present with {{c1::abdominal}} pain and {{c1::melena}} due to involvement of the mesenteric artery
Back: also may present with non-specific symptoms (fever, weight loss, malaise, headache)

Now If I wrote this card I would have made it:
Front: Polyarteritis nodosa may present with {{c1::abdominal}} pain and {{c1::melena}} due to involvement of the {{c1::mesenteric}} artery.
also may present with?

Back: also may present with non-specific symptoms (fever, weight loss, malaise, headache)

If you look thru that particular Zanki deck, no where in it are you forced to memorize that PAN involves specifically the mesenteric artery. This may seem like a small point, but for us these points added up to the point where we decided to start a whole deck from scratch. I'm not hating on Zanki's deck, I just thought that it missed opportunities to memorize minute details like this one (also I don't use true cloze deletion, I just bound a key to double click and put underscores __________.)