The new 2009 charting outcomes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Doesn't look too tremendously different than previous years. I think the magical number of interviews to essentially guarantee a match used to be 7, this year may be 8.

Looking at the step 1 scores, I am struck by how many people are matching with 211-230. Obviously they must be strong in other ways. Just goes to show how self-selecting the applicant pool is I guess.

Man I'm glad I'm not stressing about this every day any more.

More unmatched PhDs this time too. Interesting.

Members don't see this ad :)
So what qualifies as a "volunteer experiences." Are these ongoing involvements or do single day volunteer activities qualify?

The Step 1 score from 2007 was 228 I believe, so it is now 10 points higher.

I'm also surprised that people with <200 on Step 1 are able to match. Must be great PhD candidates who have published in cell/science/nature?

I also think that this shows that while radiation oncology is still competitive, it's not the most competitive field to match into if you look at step 1 scores, AOA, etc. Research is KEY if you're trying to match without great numbers!

This report has been removed temporarily. Please check back shortly for a revised edition.

The Step 1 score from 2007 was 228 I believe, so it is now 10 points higher.

I'm also surprised that people with <200 on Step 1 are able to match. Must be great PhD candidates who have published in cell/science/nature?

I also think that this shows that while radiation oncology is still competitive, it's not the most competitive field to match into if you look at step 1 scores, AOA, etc. Research is KEY if you're trying to match without great numbers!

in 2007, the mean score was 235 for applicants who matched. its only 3 points lower, likely p=ns.
http://www.nrmp.org/data/chartingoutcomes2007.pdf
pg116

This report has been removed temporarily. Please check back shortly for a revised edition.

Until the revised version is back, here is the Rad Onc portion cut out of the v3 file that was originally posted...

Enjoy.

Attachments

• RadOncChartingOutcomes.pdf
    108.6 KB · Views: 240