The new Practice Fusion update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

F0nzie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody else's workflow being disrupted by the new EMR change? It takes me anywhere between 5 to 10 seconds to change screens after clicking on something. Am I the only one experiencing major slowdown?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do not anger skynet with your negative comments

Reactions: 5 users
My service hasn't slowed down, however I still can't get to get the intake questionnaire to work correctly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity, are Practice Fusion users notifying their patients in any way that their depersonalized health information is being aggravated and sold to third party pharm companies and other advertisers? I was never clear if patients had to sign their understanding.

Out of curiosity, are Practice Fusion users notifying their patients in any way that their depersonalized health information is being aggravated and sold to third party pharm companies and other advertisers? I was never clear if patients had to sign their understanding.

I know you mean aggregated... you should ask Practice Fusion this question... or even do a study about it. Maybe highlighting the differences in informed consent between EHRs (free vs. pay; for-profit vs. not-for-profit; compare pay EHRs apples to apples), the possibilities are endless.

My service hasn't slowed down, however I still can't get to get the intake questionnaire to work correctly.

It's a great idea but poorly implemented. For example the online check-in only works when the patient receives a reminder email for a scheduled appointment. The reminder email is sent out 1 week before the appointment and the night before. So if you schedule 3 days out they don't get an email until the night before which is not enough time to fill out any of the forms. Half of my patients are not even receiving the reminder emails and almost none of them are receiving the voicemail or text reminders.

An alternative solution I have been thinking about is Docusign. It is software developed by Adobe for clients to be able to fill out forms and sign online. I believe it is also HIPAA compliant. It's $20/month for the professional package. Save on paper and minimize time spent printing paper and scanning/uploading documents.

De-identified data does not fall under the definition of PHI and is not protected by the privacy rule. I do not see anything wrong with this type of disclosure if you wanted to be 100% transparent with your operations.

That's good to know. I might try bringing in my faster home desktop computer to the office to see if there is any improvement. I hope it's not my building's Internet connection.

Turned out the PF update was too intense for the old laptop and it resulted in extreme slowdown. Replaced it with my ASUS gaming desktop and now it's running lightning fast lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Turned out the PF update was too intense for the old laptop and it resulted in extreme slowdown. Replaced it with my ASUS gaming desktop and now it's running lightning fast lol.
How are you going to play COD or GTA5 without your gaming machine? U r such a NoOb! I will pwn u.

Reactions: 3 users