the next round of acceptance for VCU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just for clarification. Is it for sure that the committee has already made the decisions today?

Just wondering and I hope everyone gets good news

Members don't see this ad.

"In the event you are offered a position, you will see your status change on AADSAS within a day or so." this is what Mrs. Quanta in the admission office told me....

still waitin though...

Members don't see this ad :)
"In the event you are offered a position, you will see your status change on AADSAS within a day or so." this is what Mrs. Quanta in the admission office told me....

still waitin though...

so it probably won't change until tomorrow im guessing?

Are they deciding on everyone or will it be a rolling admissions process? Everyone who had a Jan. interview will know today or tomorrow?

I think that's it for today...its already 4:10 in virginia, so hopefully you guys hear something tmw

Yay! Congrats, Be seeing you in a few months :)

I got "offer made" too!!!!!! AHHHH SO EXCITED!!

And we're sure this means acceptance right? Or could this be a D.5 offer??

D.5 offers dont come until the very end and they are made by telephone. You are in! Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats everyone. Dr. healy also called my house to congrats me. My sister just called me at work to tell me this.

This does me we are in, right? Cause I have just told about everyone I know

You're in! Congrats to all of you!!!

Scotty

I'm so happy right now. Still trying to take it all in at the moment. It hasn't really sunk in yet.

So what did you guys do to celebrate your acceptance?

haha yeahh there's an ongoing joke that dr. healy only accepts good looking people because the dental students at vcu get better looking every year lol. that video was so funny.

So what did you guys do to celebrate your acceptance?

I ran downstairs and told my dad! He gave me the BIGGEST hug. Then I called my mom at work and mass texted my closest friends. I'M SO EXCITED! Congrats to everyone that has gotten in! And for those of you still waiting, don't lose hope!

congrats everyone! wish i could share in the good news with you, but i guess i'll just have to keep waiting

congrats everyone! wish i could share in the good news with you, but i guess i'll just have to keep waiting

hang in there. you will get in. i will keep my fingers crossed for you

Offer made...yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yesssssssssssssssss

So I saw "offer made" on AADSAS, I screamed a quick "AH!", threw my laptop back, it slid across the desk, I stared at it for 5 seconds then jumped around.

Then prayed they didnt make a mistake! :laugh::laugh:

So I saw "offer made" on AADSAS, I screamed a quick "AH!", threw my laptop back, it slid across the desk, I stared at it for 5 seconds then jumped around.

Then prayed they didnt make a mistake! :laugh::laugh:

congrats! see you in the fall

Sooo does anyone know when the NEXT round of acceptance for VCU is? Sometime in March? Still keeping my fingers crossed.....

Sooo does anyone know when the NEXT round of acceptance for VCU is? Sometime in March? Still keeping my fingers crossed.....

I also would like to know the answer to this. To all accepted this week, how long did Dr. Healy say you guys have to make a decision? 2 weeks? 4 weeks? I know he doesn't send out more acceptances until after this time period when he knows how many spots there are left. :confused:

Congrats to everyone who got in!

I emailed him, he said the committee would meet again on Feb 23rd, which is 3 weeks from the 2nd. Its gonna be a long 3 weeks for me hahah

I emailed him, he said the committee would meet again on Feb 23rd, which is 3 weeks from the 2nd. Its gonna be a long 3 weeks for me hahah

Im still waiting for the official snail mail to know the exact date. But like you said it is only 2-3 weeks to make a decision.

Im still waiting for the official snail mail to know the exact date. But like you said it is only 2-3 weeks to make a decision.

So, they want the decision by the end of this month???
I hope to recieve my package this Friday:)

So, they want the decision by the end of this month???
I hope to recieve my package this Friday:)

probably sooner than that. since they are meeting on the 23rd of feb then i except we need to let them know before that

Did it not say in your letter when they want your decision by? ...or maybe you haven't received letters yet, just AADSAS.
I believe you have about 3-6 weeks to make your deposit. All I remember is that I sent that check ASAP, haha.

Anyone know if VCU is sending out any new interview invites since they are interviewing through February? Any news on VA residents (from Predents and this forum it looks like VA residents aren't getting any love- a staggering number are coming from New York and up north (or is it just me)?)

Best wishes everyone!

Did it not say in your letter when they want your decision by? ...or maybe you haven't received letters yet, just AADSAS.
I believe you have about 3-6 weeks to make your deposit. All I remember is that I sent that check ASAP, haha.

i just got the official letter today. $500 deposit is due by 2/17. i'm mailing that sucker out today bc im not taking any chances

Anyone know if VCU is sending out any new interview invites since they are interviewing through February? Any news on VA residents (from Predents and this forum it looks like VA residents aren't getting any love- a staggering number are coming from New York and up north (or is it just me)?)

Best wishes everyone!

I'm a VA resident. got to love their instate tuition compare to private dschool.

Tell me about it. $500,000 in debt here I come. All in all though, I think VCU accepting so many out-of-state students hurts the residents of VA....the state needs more dentists (just not in northern VA). I was thinking even a slight increase in in-state tution and a heavy increase in out-of-state tuition might solve this issue, VCU could accept more in-state students without any financial troubles, and VA residents could get the care they should be entitled too. But what do I know? Right?

Congrats!!

Last edited:
Tell me about it. $500,000 in debt here I come. All in all though, I think VCU accepting so many out-of-state students hurts the residents of VA....the state needs more dentists (just not in northern VA). I was thinking even a slight increase in in-state tution and a heavy increase in out-of-state tuition might solve this issue, VCU could accept more in-state students without any financial troubles, and VA residents could get the care they should be entitled too. But what do I know? Right?

Congrats!!
Really? cuz they just jacked up OOS tuition like 8 grand this year over last year.

Do you know the reason behind the increase? Where's the money going? and Why so drastic? I've heard rumors about the new building and not being able to meet costs. Could be just rumors though.

I just don't understand how the state gives funding to a "state" school when it's 55%\45%. Georgia is solely in-state, and I think South Carolina is similar. Florida (UF), for example, accepts maybe 10 out-of-state students per year. Florida residents, albeit the State is larger than VA, also has NOVA who accepts a good amount of state residents.

Again, I'm not complaining (thanks to military scholarships) but I don't think the current system adequately serves the residents of Virginia, and that's a shame.

NY is the same way. Yes, we have four dental schools but 3 are essentially not part of the state. NYC is worlds away from a lot of new yorkers. Actually, i think my trip to VCU took me as long as my trip to stony brook. Anyways, that leaves us with essentially one school for the rest of the state: Buffalo. And buffalo accepts the same out of state ratio as VCU, but virtually any US citizen can get in state tuition at buffalo after one year. This makes buffalo even more competitive for NYS residents. At least virginians retain some advantage because VCU doesn't give out instate after a year. There are many states that don't even have dental schools so virgina is doing alright. Also, Maryland and Howard are within an hour or 2 of VCU so their graduates should be roaming the area as well.

Do you know the reason behind the increase? Where's the money going? and Why so drastic? I've heard rumors about the new building and not being able to meet costs. Could be just rumors though.

I just don't understand how the state gives funding to a "state" school when it's 55%\45%. Georgia is solely in-state, and I think South Carolina is similar. Florida (UF), for example, accepts maybe 10 out-of-state students per year. Florida residents, albeit the State is larger than VA, also has NOVA who accepts a good amount of state residents.

Again, I'm not complaining (thanks to military scholarships) but I don't think the current system adequately serves the residents of Virginia, and that's a shame.

Yeah, it is unfortunate that VCU doesn't accept more in-staters. However, I heard it's because VCU doesn't receive as much state funding as other state schools, so they aren't required to accept as many in-state students.

Best wishes everyone!

I was also hoping for an invite from VCU... Is there any hope, or is it too late now?

I was also hoping for an invite from VCU... Is there any hope, or is it too late now?
Definitely not too late. VCU has a pretty active rolling admission.