The Official 1/28/2011 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moosen

many moose
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it too early to start this? Studying begins in one week.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought the GS tests were terrible, but BR and Kaplan were both great for their sciences (I used EK and TPRH for the verbal sections). If my score comes back a 28, disregard this advice. BR, Kaplan, and AAMC were all great.

do u mind telling me why u didn't find GS helpful?

do u mind telling me why u didn't find GS helpful?

I had a reason for taking the rest of their exams out of my schedule, but I can't remember my specific complaints. Other members have posted their opinions in other threads.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we get an email with the access link or do we log into our account we created to sign up for the MCAT around 5pm? Either option might involve mashing the refresh button. :)

Almost time boys and girls...

Before we know it, scores will be out and we will hopefully be done with this test forever.

I'm finding it easier to study now that it's closer to the release date. I'm hoping for solid 11's across the board. Although a 10 in bio wouldn't be so bad considering that stupid genetics stuff they gaves us. hahaha

I can't even remember what was on the exam!

I can't either! I amazed how much people remember about what was on it. I never really remember anything on an exam after I take it.

The THx system should get a restraining order against me, because I am stalking that thing! lol! Why am I bothering when we all know the scores will probably be released exactly at 5:00 pm on Tuesday?

I can't either! I amazed how much people remember about what was on it. I never really remember anything on an exam after I take it.

The THx system should get a restraining order against me, because I am stalking that thing! lol! Why am I bothering when we all know the scores will probably be released exactly at 5:00 pm on Tuesday?

I just checked it for the first time in a while....and my body temp has risen considerably and I'm sweating...damn...Tuesday will be one of the most nerve-wracking days of my life.

I just checked it for the first time in a while....and my body temp has risen considerably and I'm sweating...damn...Tuesday will be one of the most nerve-wracking days of my life.

Agreed! I need to try to think about something else!

Agreed! I need to try to think about something else!

Tell me about it! I've been pacing around the house for the majority of today when I wasn't working. All the worst case scenarios going through my head...maybe a bottom-tier PhD program will still accept me, maybe a med school in some third world country will accept me...and on an on. haha. :D Hang in there everyone!

I don't remember much from the test except for 2 genetics questions. One asked for knowledge so specific I was like "REALLY!!!" during the test.

The other one just doesn't work. I remember it word for word and it is so vague. Driving me crazy.

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't remember much from the test except for 2 genetics questions. One asked for knowledge so specific i was like "really!!!" during the test.

the other one just doesn't work. i remember it word for word and it is so vague. Driving me crazy.

1/10,000?

I have been logging on to the system every 30 minutes today to see if my scores are up; hoping desperately that some how, some way they came out early. But to my despair those little black words mock me every time... "You have no scores yet." Geez Louise this is torture!!!!!! :scared:

I have been logging on to the system every 30 minutes today to see if my scores are up; hoping desperately that some how, some way they came out early. But to my despair those little black words mock me every time... "You have no scores yet." Geez Louise this is torture!!!!!! :scared:

If you keep doing this, you will shave 2 years off of your life. lol.

hey guys. so let us know when the scores are out. I am not mentally strong enough to check the website every hour or so. I am not gonna even bother logging in unless I am sure the scores are out.

hey guys. so let us know when the scores are out. I am not mentally strong enough to check the website every hour or so. I am not gonna even bother logging in unless I am sure the scores are out.

How often is it that the scores actually come out before 5pm on the day that they quote? Has anyone looked at past threads to figure this out? Does anyone have any concrete examples? Just thought I'd ask to put everyone's mind at ease.

How often is it that the scores actually come out before 5pm on the day that they quote? Has anyone looked at past threads to figure this out? Does anyone have any concrete examples? Just thought I'd ask to put everyone's mind at ease.

there's a 90% probability they will be released on tuesday between 2:30 and 4:00, with 1/28ers getting scores first

.....the closer we get, the slower time goes by....
Thankfully I had a genetics exam to distract me, but now that it's over...:shrug:

Having a beer tonight and watching a movie to chill out. Saving the other 4-5 for tomorrow night, for better or worse. :cool:

Having a beer tonight and watching a movie to chill out. Saving the other 4-5 for tomorrow night, for better or worse. :cool:

Momentarily I thought I was on Facebook and I almost "liked" this post. lol oh SDN should have "like" and "dislike" options. Hey fellow New Jersian!

@swineflu Glad to see a fellow New Jersian in this thread! SDN should definitely have a "like button" kind of feature.

@waltzendless Welcome to the forums! And yes...good luck to you. :p

anxietyyyyy.

nope. I don't like this waiting thing one bit.

and while I'm curious to see my scores, I'm not expecting good ones. If only I didn't have a midterm tomorrow and could sleep in until 2!!

hopefully we all get the scores we want (though we know that can't be the case :thumbdown:)

Someone on the 1/29 thread already said this but just to reiterate...tonight feels a definitely lot more nerve racking than the night before the exam.

And this is only the beginning. The med school journey is too stressful! I actually considered dropping premed today so that I could lead a less stressed life...

Someone on the 1/29 thread already said this but just to reiterate...tonight feels a definitely lot more nerve racking than the night before the exam.

And this is only the beginning. The med school journey is too stressful! I actually considered dropping premed today so that I could lead a less stressed life...

no pain, no glory.

i'm rooting for you guys. i'm taking the 4/16 test. would like to know how your practice tests compare with your real one. please post both if you care to share. thanks and good luck!

ughhhhhhh

the anxiety is making me nauseous :( just checked (why do i do this to myself)... still nothing. good luck everyone!

it has consumed my subconscious. mcat dreams all night. in my dream I got BS:11 PS: 10: VR: 9 - not the best score, but i'd be down!

not up yet. just checked. judging by previous administrations, it seems that they release around 4 pm.

O.O I'm too scared to check at this point! lol
It's almost here! Good luck everyone, I hope you all get the scores you wanted! :xf:

I wish you all the greatest of luck and hopefully you get great news that the curve was very generous!

I also hope they decide to post early today.

I bet everyone that I got the lowest score in this thread :(

I wouldn't worry, I'm pretty sure mine will be worse. Didn't attack it at all right and had to blindly guess on wayyyy too many. Surprisingly, I think I did well on verbal though, which I BARELY studied for.

I was just dissappointed b/c it seemed like every part of PS that I knew really well was all left out. Or atleast the areas that EK hits hard. I specifically remember one question that EK said "is not covered on MCAT"