The Official 2009 Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teucer

I'll take an M-14 any day
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Catholic church decided a few years back that Limbo didn't exist anymore. When it comes to our Au.D. applications, though, Limbo is a very real place: the dreaded "Waitlist"! Here applicants fall to their knees and quietly implore the gods...or at least their respective admissions committees....might pass favorable judgement upon them. If you're waitlisted, join us here in the netherworld!
:shrug: ***********************************:whistle:

Members don't see this ad.

I got waitlisted at Purdue this week. I was pretty bummed out because that's my number 1 choice. But I contacted the graduate admissions lady and she told me I was number one one the waitlist and that they almost always dip into the waitlist for acceptance. So I really want to celebrate but can't just yet..here's hoping

Man...you're on the waitlist, but only in technicality. I cannot imagine that you will not be accepted from the waitlist being number one! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I can only HOPE to make it on this list for some of the schools :/

Univ of South Florida
AuD2B (2/27/09 OOS; email)

The Catholic church decided a few years back that Limbo didn't exist anymore. When it comes to our Au.D. applications, though, Limbo is a very real place: the dreaded "Waitlist"! Here applicants fall to their knees and quietly implore the gods...or at least their respective admissions committees....might pass favorable judgement upon them. If you're waitlisted, join us here in the netherworld!
:shrug: ***********************************:whistle:

I got waitlisted at USF today also. I wonder how long that wait list is, I heard they had over 120 applicants and accepted 20. The last few years they had 30-40 applicants. Hope I hear good news from the other schools I applied to! With all the rejections I am not hopeful about my first choice UT-Austin. Anyone hear anything from them yet?

I got waitlisted at USF today also. I wonder how long that wait list is, I heard they had over 120 applicants and accepted 20. The last few years they had 30-40 applicants. Hope I hear good news from the other schools I applied to! With all the rejections I am not hopeful about my first choice UT-Austin. Anyone hear anything from them yet?

yIKES! That's a crazy applicant increase! Try not to get discouraged about rejections--different schools look for different things.

With all the rejections I am not hopeful about my first choice UT-Austin. Anyone hear anything from them yet?

I was talking to my friend about UT-Austin. For a school that had a December deadline, you would think we would of heard something by now..(sigh)

My friend said maybe we should check out our student account we created through UT because the computer system would have updated the acceptance before we actually get the letter...
...Now she has me checking the UT account everyday!

I was talking to my friend about UT-Austin. For a school that had a December deadline, you would think we would of heard something by now..(sigh)

My friend said maybe we should check out our student account we created through UT because the computer system would have updated the acceptance before we actually get the letter...

Your friend is right (& clever!) My UT letter directed me back to the same application status check system for follow up.

I talked to Ms. Woolf @ UT-Austin she said they notify applicants by mail it will not be posted on the "check status" website even though when you call the graduate school they tell you it will be posted there. We"ll find out pretty soon which info is correct...........
I noticed Loc Finesse if I remember correctly you were accepted at ISU did u visit their program?

I noticed Loc Finesse if I remember correctly you were accepted at ISU did u visit their program?

Yes, I was accepted into ISU, and I haven't visited their program (I guess I should?!..eh..). I received a "courtesy" call from the Program Director; she asked if I had any questions regarding the program and if I had made a decision yet (this was 4 days after I received my acceptance). I still want to hear from other schools before I make a sound decision.

waitlisted at northwestern.. we'll see what happens. The letter said I should hear by mid april.

Also waitlisted at USF.. def strange how many more people applied there this year... whatevsss.. what can you do.

waitlisted at northwestern.. we'll see what happens. The letter said I should hear by mid april.

Also waitlisted at USF.. def strange how many more people applied there this year... whatevsss.. what can you do.

When did you hear from Northwestern?? I still haven't heard anything yet, and its driving me crazy. Did they send you an email or snail mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
i got snail mail yesterday (monday).. if u need to get in touch with someone, speak to susan erler.. she's the one who sent me the letter.

Wait listed at UT-Austin 3/7/09 snail mail. uugghh

hi, i too applied to USF for this fall, i am in the waiting list luckily at the top.. hope i will get into...i have not much exposure to physics statistics, psychology, i am from a biological sciences background..do u think it will be so tough for one without csd background.. is the program at USF so rigorous?

Wait listed at UNC, pretty bummed about that. At first I thought an interview was a great idea, but now I think it makes it that much harder not to take it personally!

Happy waiting everybody...

I found out I was waitlisted at UF. I am high on the waitlist but I think a big reason they didn't accept me was because I didn't show more interest in their school...like going to visit etc. I just applied and that was it.

Advice for the next group of applicants, visit the schools you really want to attend, schools definitely pay attention to who is really interested in their program!!

Also, I think we should also make that list like the acceptance and rejection thread.

University of Florida, Gainesville: E-mail
electrikisses ( 3/5/09)

Northwestern University
gymgrl7 (3/2/09)

Purdue University
teejler2112 (2/18/09)

University of Florida, Gainesville: E-mail
electrikisses (3/5/09)

University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: Mail
hearatic (OOS, 3/9/09)

University of Southern Florida
AuD2B (2/27/09 OOS; email), isis novak (2/27/09), gymgrl7 (3/2/09), hope4thbst

University of Texas - Austin: Mail
isis novak (3/7/09)

Hi all,
I'm #16 on the waitlist at SDSU/UCSD, and I'm also on the waitlist at the University of Washington (not sure what number). I still haven't heard back from ISU.

I was pretty bummed about the SDSU decision, because I did go down and visit the campus and have been looking at that program for a while now--I'm trying to stay positive (at least it wasn't a NO), but it sure feels like there are a lot of people ahead of me on the list! :(
Does anyone know how many people typically get in off the waitlist (not necessarily just from SDSU, but in general)?

Hi all,
I'm #16 on the waitlist at SDSU/UCSD, and I'm also on the waitlist at the University of Washington (not sure what number). I still haven't heard back from ISU.

I was pretty bummed about the SDSU decision, because I did go down and visit the campus and have been looking at that program for a while now--I'm trying to stay positive (at least it wasn't a NO), but it sure feels like there are a lot of people ahead of me on the list! :(
Does anyone know how many people typically get in off the waitlist (not necessarily just from SDSU, but in general)?

At their Open House in fall SDSU said last year they got to #27 on the waiting list to fill up their entering class, so don't lose hope!

Can figure out the waitlist odds for other programs from the info posted on the ASHA website. Search for the program via

http://www.asha.org/students/academic/EdFind/

once you get to the school/program you're interested in, on their detail page, scroll down to the "Application and Admissions" section. You'll see a number listed for "number of admissions"...that's how many people the school admitted to fill up the entering class. So for SDSU the number listed is 27, matching what they said at the open house about getting to the 27th person on the waiting list for the entering class last fall.

Hope that makes sense and is helpful!

This year might be very different, as we've seen posted on this board about USF. People also may be weighing factors differently in making their matriculation decisions based on the economy, credit crisis...I know I'm pretty confused about my own priorities in making my decision. It's great to be in school during a downturn, but the weakness in the financial sector this time is giving me some (possible unmerited) anxiety about funding beyond the first year. I'm looking more closely at my in state options (& second guessing myself more!) than I think I would have if the economy were more stable.

Hi all,

Yes, what Aud2B said. They got to number #27 on their list. I think they had about 70-80 applicants this year. Definitely don't lose hope. I think schools accept a safe number because they may be worried about a surprisingly large matriculation. Good luck audiologygirl!!

If it makes you feel better, I don't think I'll be attending SDSU so you're one up! :D

Thanks, Aud2B & electrikisses!

I appreciate the encouragement, and that ASHA link was a great resource for finding out where I rank in the scheme of things. What a stressful process! :scared: Good luck to all on the Waitlist Thread, and congrats to those who have received acceptance letters!

(P.S.- YAY!! I'm moving up the list!! :laugh:)

I decided not to go there, too, so you've moved up again! You're now #14 at least ;)

Hang in there! :xf:

Thanks guys! :rolleyes:
SDSU/UCSD has been my #1 choice for about 2 years (for many reasons), and I was super bummed to be so far down the waitlist! This website is definitely helpful in keeping me informed of my status, since the schools probably won't! :laugh: I see you've both gotten into multiple schools, so congrats!

In addition to SDSU, anyone on the waitlist for Univ of Maryland College Park & Univ of Memphis have also just moved up one! :highfive:

Also, anyone behind me on the waitlist for USF also moved up...Sorry, I don't know where I was ranked on that list, though.

I sent in my notifications that I have accepted a spot elsewhere. Trying to help keep it flowing for everyone...good luck!

Hey all,
I am officially #11 on the wait list for SDSU/UCSD (#31 in the nation). I am a SLHS student there, and it is my #1 choice. I heard only one SDSU student made the list from our major, but that is just hear-say. I am also wait listed at UIA(#2) and UWA(#3) (don't know where I am on them though). I also got accepted to U of AZ (#9) so I don't quite understand their selection method. I applied to 10 schools, so far I know the people on the wait list for Ohio U, and U of Nothern Colorado are getting bumped up. I have been denied at U of Memphis. Still waiting on ASU, U of Pittsburgh, and UT Dallas.

Good news, at the open house for the SDSU/UCSD program last fall, the director gave us some stats on the % of wait list people who get in:

2007 55 applicants 22 offers to fill 10 spots
2008 65 applicants 28 offers to fill 10 spots
2009 85 applicants (projected) 40 offers or so to fill 11 spots(this year)

Hope this helps!:D

Last edited:

I know UTD is not sending out until the end of March, don't know if they are the same though.:confused:

Lets do this like the other threads, & Keep it going!!!!:
Please quote the most recent post- keep these instructions:

Add Name of School In Alphabetical Order if not already present, in same
font/color etc... & the method of how you were informed.
2. (Member Name, State Status,Wait List Date, #Position on Wait List... if available)

OFFICIAL WAIT LIST

Northwestern University:
(gymgrl7, 3/2/09)

Purdue University:
(teejler2112, 2/18/09)

San Diego State University/UCSD: Email
(Purple Fish, IS, 3/10/09, #11),

University of Florida, Gainesville: Email
(electrikisses, 3/5/09)

University of Iowa:Email
(Purple Fish, OOS, 3/9/09),

University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: Snail Mail
(hearatic, OOS, 3/9/09)

University of Southern Florida: Email
(AuD2B, OOS, 2/27/09), (isis novak, 2/27/09), (gymgrl7, 3/2/09), (hope4thbst)

University of Texas, Austin: Snail Mail
(isis novak, 3/7/09)

University of Washington: Email
(Purple Fish, OOS, 3/3/09),

Last edited:

1. Add Name of School In Alphabetical Order if not already present, in same
2. (Member Name, State Status,Wait List Date, #Position on Wait List... if available)

OFFICIAL WAIT LIST

Northwestern University:(gymgrl7, 3/2/09)

Purdue University:
(teejler2112, 2/18/09)

(Purple Fish, IS, 3/10/09, #11),

University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences: Phone Call
(teucer, OOS, 3/19/09, #1) :clap:

(electrikisses, 3/5/09)

(hearatic, OOS, 3/9/09)

(isis novak, 3/7/09)

(Purple Fish, OOS, 3/3/09),

Congrats, Teucer! I'd say that being #1 on the waiting list means you're pretty much a lock!

Allriiight!!!!:claps:
Arkansas is way better than Alaska!

congrats teucer, u got 1 foot in

OFFICIAL WAIT LIST

Purdue University:
(teejler2112, 2/18/09)

(Purple Fish, IS, 3/10/09, #11), (audiologygirl, OOS, 3/13/09, #16)

(electrikisses, 3/5/09)

(hearatic, OOS, 3/9/09)

(isis novak, 3/7/09)

(Purple Fish, OOS, 3/3/09), (audiologygirl, IS, 3/3/09)

:xf:

So can you stay on the waitlist at some school that starts later, after you have matriculated at another school that starts early.

Congrats Teucer!

Allriiight!!!!:claps:
Arkansas is way better than Alaska!

congratulations teucer!

congrats teucer, u got 1 foot in

Congrats Teucer!

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. Honestly, it feels good to have the support. After 12 postings in the rejection thread, I almost disowned my ambition to study in an audiology program. Feels like I've gotten a second wind with this whole thing. :luck:

YES TEUCER!!!! Just came back from spring break, what great news......... Im totally happy for ya!!

Originally Posted by teucer

OFFICIAL WAIT LIST

Purdue University:
(teejler2112, 2/18/09)

(electrikisses, 3/5/09)

(hearatic, OOS, 3/9/09)

(isis novak, 3/7/09)

(Purple Fish, OOS, 3/3/09), (audiologygirl, IS, 3/3/09), (Letickkles, 3/28/09)

Move up one if you're on SDSU's waitlist!

Someone I know who's not on this board submitted regrets to withdraw from their "accepted" list...

someone else I know, also accepted & not on this board, is probably going to withdraw, too...so you're likely to move up one more time by the end of the week (that's two spots up with a double twist!)

GETTING CLOSER TO GETTING IN! :xf::)

Hello Everyone,

I am new to SDN but I have been reading the posts and have found them very helpful! I have been accepted into several AuD programs for the fall of 09. I am trying to make a decision on which school to choose. My top three choices are the following:
- Nova Southeastern University
- University of South Florida
- SUNY University at Buffalo

Any opinions/advice would be helpful. Thank you!

Move up one if you're on SDSU's waitlist!

Someone I know who's not on this board submitted regrets to withdraw from their "accepted" list...

someone else I know, also accepted & not on this board, is probably going to withdraw, too...so you're likely to move up one more time by the end of the week (that's two spots up with a double twist!)

GETTING CLOSER TO GETTING IN! :xf::)

YAAAAAAAAY! Thanks for keeping us posted!

OFFICIAL WAIT LIST

Purdue University:
(teejler2112, 2/18/09)

(electrikisses, 3/5/09)

(hearatic, OOS, 3/9/09)

University of South Alabama: Snail Mail
(teucer, OOS, 4/2/09)

(isis novak, 3/7/09)

Removing myself--no longer waitlisted anywhere--AuD2B

OFFICIAL WAIT LIST

Purdue University:
(teejler2112, 2/18/09)

(electrikisses, 3/5/09)

(hearatic, OOS, 3/9/09)

(teucer, OOS, 4/2/09)

(isis novak, 2/27/09), (gymgrl7, 3/2/09), (hope4thbst)

(isis novak, 3/7/09)

OFFICIAL WAIT LIST

Purdue University:
(teejler2112, 2/18/09)

(hearatic, OOS, 3/9/09)

(teucer, OOS, 4/2/09)

(isis novak, 3/7/09)

(Purple Fish, OOS, 3/3/09), (audiologygirl, IS, 3/3/09), (Letickkles, 3/28/09)[/quote]

I also removed myself!

OFFICIAL WAIT LIST

Purdue University:
(teejler2112, 2/18/09)

(hearatic, OOS, 3/9/09)

(teucer, OOS, 4/2/09)

(isis novak, 3/7/09)

(Purple Fish, OOS, 3/3/09), (audiologygirl, IS, 3/3/09), (Letickkles, 3/28/09)[/quote]

Ditto

OFFICIAL WAIT LIST

Purdue University:
(teejler2112, 2/18/09)

Texas Tech: Postal Mail
(Teucer, OOS, 4/4/09)

(hearatic, OOS, 3/9/09)

(teucer, OOS, 4/2/09)

(isis novak, 3/7/09)

Wow...That's a lotta waitlistings! Got accepted from the waitlist @ UAMS, then waitlisted @ USA and Texas Tech! Those were my top three! Rejected from 12 others...

Hey Teucer, Mr. go to for info man, what is your opinion of Texas Tech? It may be a contender of mine also.............