The Official 2011 Decision Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kissfist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where they are going?

do not erase these instructions!
1) click quote on the most recent acceptance list.
2) delete the quote messages at both the top and the bottom.
3) add the school's name to the title of the post.
4) find the school of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order.
5) add the method of acceptance notification if it is not already there (phone call, e-mail, snail mail, etc)
6) in chronological order by the acceptance add your user name, interview date, in state (is) or out of state (oos) status, and, most importantly, the date of acceptance.
7) click submit

Members don't see this ad.

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click quote on the most recent decision list.
2) Delete the quote messages at both the top and the bottom.
3) Add the school's name to the title of the post.
4) Find the school of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order.
5) Add your user name, in state (is) or out of state (oos) status, and, most importantly, the date of decision.
6) Click submit!

University of Iowa
rEliseMe (OOS, 3/2)

4) Find the school of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order.
5) Add your user name, in state (is) or out of state (oos) status, and, most importantly, the date of decision.
6) Click submit!

University of Iowa
rEliseMe (OOS, 3/2)

YAY! Congrats rEliseMe, I know Iowa was your first choice and I'm so happy to hear that you are going!

I had two first choices and was lucky to get into them both..I'm pretty close to sending my notification to attend so I will be posting on here soon! I hope you are celebrating right now!!! :).

Members don't see this ad :)
YAY! Congrats rEliseMe, I know Iowa was your first choice and I'm so happy to hear that you are going!

I had two first choices and was lucky to get into them both..I'm pretty close to sending my notification to attend so I will be posting on here soon! I hope you are celebrating right now!!! :).

Oh yeah! I screamed so hard when I got the email (pushed to my phone, so I got it on the onramp of the freeway) that I nearly hit the guy next to me. Talk about distracted driving! There should be a PSA about reading acceptance letters while driving. ;) I couldn't believe I heard back so quickly! Congratulations on nabbing both of your top choices, too! That's so exciting. I wish more people used this forum so we could all get to know each other before we become classmates. (After all, I know several of us are INTJs, and text-based media are the easiest to navigate for us. ;) )

Sooo has no one decided yet (minus rEliseMe)???

Sooo has no one decided yet (minus rEliseMe)???

Waiting to hear on scholarship info from one school and waiting for a probable rejection from a fully funded PhD program...

It's just under a month from decision time. Whats the rush? I'm gonna take all my time to decide and some schools have still not released funding information which delays the decision process further.

I would definitely say its hard to put off a decision if you are already at one of your top choices for undergrad.. :/. I can't tell you how many AuD students and faculty come up to me and ask "have you decided yet?".

Last edited:
6) Click submit!

University of Iowa
rEliseMe (OOS, 3/2)

Washington University in St. Louis
KitKat8545 (IS, 3/15)

KitKat,

Did Wash U offer any financial assistance or grad assistant opportunities?

I was offered a scholarship in my acceptance letter, but I haven't heard anything about GA positions yet. I think they might wait until they have a final acceptance list until they offer that, but I was told there are quite a few opportunities within the program. I hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats rEliseMe, I'm in my second year here at Iowa and have loved every minute of it. The faculty are awesome and offer a ton of support. It's a great program.

Congrats rEliseMe, I'm in my second year here at Iowa and have loved every minute of it. The faculty are awesome and offer a ton of support. It's a great program.

Thanks! I can't wait. :D Any chance I met you on interview day? I plugged the SDN forums to a few people.

6) Click submit!

University of Iowa
rEliseMe (OOS, 3/2)

University of Washington (Seattle)
spring88 (IS, 3/18)

KitKat8545 (IS, 3/15)

Thanks! I can't wait. :D Any chance I met you on interview day? I plugged the SDN forums to a few people.

No, unfortunately I was not able to make it to the meet and greet, my wife and I are expecting and I was at a Dr. appointment, I just sort of stumbled upon this forum trying to learn more about potential 4th year placements. Congrats again, you made a great decision choosing Iowa! (btw, if you still need to take calculus you might want to try and take it over the summer, some first years struggle with taking Calculus in addition to their first semester classes)

(btw, if you still need to take calculus you might want to try and take it over the summer, some first years struggle with taking Calculus in addition to their first semester classes)

I've heard this from several people. If I get the chance to, I will. However, I have 23 credits this semester (only 7 of them relate at all to audiology, the rest are boring electives to reach the credit requirement). If I manage to survive them, I'm not sure anything less than the same will fluster me my first semester. :p I'm not trying to trivialize the workload, but I think one unrelated class will be a cinch!

spring88 (IS, 3/18)

Congratulations on your decision, Spring88! I know you were struggling with trying to decide between schools. Doesn't it feel great?

spring88 (IS, 3/18)

Congratulations on your decision, Spring88! I know it must have been difficult to decide between UTD and UW, but I'm sure you made the best decision for yourself. :)

By the way, hope to see you at the UW Open House next year! woohoo!!! hehe!

Congratulations on your decision, Spring88! I know it must have been difficult to decide between UTD and UW, but I'm sure you made the best decision for yourself. :)

By the way, hope to see you at the UW Open House next year! woohoo!!! hehe!

Thanks SoCalAuD and rEliseMe! It was difficult process and difficult decision.

SoCalAud, I look forward to seeing you at that open house! Definitely keep me posted as to when you will be coming, I would love to meet you :).

Last edited:
Chose the PhD track, right?

No, the dual program. It's 2 years of AuD before you decide, and then you do the last 2 years of AuD and the first 2 of PhD together. The last 2 years of the 6 are pure PhD.

Thanks SoCalAuD and rEliseMe! It was difficult but I spoke to the the head of the UW AuD program today and she really sold me on coming (or really staying) here. I knew I had my mind made up after I spoke with her. A very impressive woman, that Dr. Tremblay.

SoCalAud, I look forward to seeing you at that open house! Definitely keep me posted as to when you will be coming, I would love to meet you :).

Congrats on choosing!!

I am doing my 4th yr externship in Seattle...at Evergreen Speech and Hearing so maybe we should do a Seattle meet up sometime :)

Thanks SoCalAuD and rEliseMe! It was difficult but I spoke to the the head of the UW AuD program today and she really sold me on coming (or really staying) here. I knew I had my mind made up after I spoke with her. A very impressive woman, that Dr. Tremblay.

Congrats!!! That must've been a huge decision but you should be proud of your decision no matter what! :) :thumbup:

University of Iowa
rEliseMe (OOS, 3/2)

University of Louisville
csmith72 (OOS, 3/22)

spring88 (IS, 3/18)

KitKat8545 (IS, 3/15)

It's exciting to see this thread be updated every now and then! I hope you all return to this forum to talk about your experiences in the AuD program, as well as outside of the classrooms (e.g., clinic rotations).

Spring88, since you and I have a lot in common, I really hope you can come back and talk about your journey with a hearing loss in grad school. You're an inspiration to me! (i know, awkward moment right here, but hey, it's true!). :)

It's exciting to see this thread be updated every now and then! I hope you all return to this forum to talk about your experiences in the AuD program, as well as outside of the classrooms (e.g., clinic rotations).

Spring88, since you and I have a lot in common, I really hope you can come back and talk about your journey with a hearing loss in grad school. You're an inspiration to me! (i know, awkward moment right here, but hey, it's true!). :)

I absolutely will :). I can't to see where you will end up next year, SoCalAud!! Any program will be lucky to have you! I just hope it's the UW ;).

Gallaudet University
Kissfist (Federal school everyone pays the same tuition, 3/24)

University of Iowa
rEliseMe (OOS, 3/2)

University of Louisville
csmith72 (OOS, 3/22)

spring88 (IS, 3/18)

KitKat8545 (IS, 3/15)

Gallaudet University

University of Connecticut
dg2b (IS, 3/25)

University of Iowa
rEliseMe (OOS, 3/2)

University of Louisville
csmith72 (OOS, 3/22)

spring88 (IS, 3/18)

KitKat8545 (IS, 3/15)

Congrats everyone! I screamed and danced a little jig in my school's parking lot when I found out, and yes I did get alot of :smuggrin: 'is she crazy?' stares from people. However, I think alot of us can agree getting into our top choice, heck, any school is a great accomplishment worthy of a pat on the back.

Gallaudet University

dg2b (IS, 3/25)

University of Iowa
rEliseMe (OOS, 3/2)

University of Louisville
csmith72 (OOS, 3/22)

University of Pittsburgh
CDu4 (IS, 3/27)

spring88 (IS, 3/18)

KitKat8545 (IS, 3/15)

It was an extremely difficult decision but I'm very thankful that everything worked out the way it did :)

Gallaudet University

dg2b (IS, 3/25)

University of Iowa
rEliseMe (OOS, 3/2)

University of Louisville
csmith72 (OOS, 3/22)

University of Pittsburgh
CDu4 (IS, 3/27)

University of South Florida
fonoaudiologo (IS, 3/28)

spring88 (IS, 3/18)

KitKat8545 (IS, 3/15)

Gallaudet University

dg2b (IS, 3/25)

University of Florida
agapantha (OOS, 3/15)

University of Iowa
rEliseMe (OOS, 3/2)

University of Louisville
csmith72 (OOS, 3/22)

University of Pittsburgh
CDu4 (IS, 3/27)

fonoaudiologo (IS, 3/28)

spring88 (IS, 3/18)

KitKat8545 (IS, 3/15)[/QUOTE]

Gallaudet University
Kissfist (OOS, 3/24)

University of Arizona
RadoDude (OOS, 4/11)

dg2b (IS, 3/25)

University of Florida
agapantha (OOS, 3/15)

University of Iowa
rEliseMe (OOS, 3/2)

University of Louisville
csmith72 (OOS, 3/22)

University of Pittsburgh
CDu4 (IS, 3/27)

fonoaudiologo (IS, 3/28)

spring88 (IS, 3/18)

KitKat8545 (IS, 3/15)

Gallaudet University
Kissfist (OOS, 3/24)

SDSU/UCSD
CaliAud (IS, 4/7)

University of Arizona
RadoDude (OOS, 4/11)

dg2b (IS, 3/25)

University of Florida
agapantha (OOS, 3/15)

University of Iowa
rEliseMe (OOS, 3/2)

University of Louisville
csmith72 (OOS, 3/22)

University of Pittsburgh
CDu4 (IS, 3/27)

fonoaudiologo (IS, 3/28)

spring88 (IS, 3/18)

KitKat8545 (IS, 3/15)

Gallaudet University
Kissfist (OOS, 3/24)

SDSU/UCSD
CaliAud (IS, 4/7)

University of Arizona
RadoDude (OOS, 4/11)

dg2b (IS, 3/25)

University of Florida
agapantha (OOS, 3/15)

University of Iowa
rEliseMe (OOS, 3/2)

University of Louisville
csmith72 (OOS, 3/22)

University of Pittsburgh
CDu4 (IS, 3/27)

fonoaudiologo (IS, 3/28)

spring88 (IS, 3/18)

KitKat8545 (IS, 3/15)[/QUOTE]

Wayne State University
AuDMunchkin (OOS, 4/13)

Congratulations, CaliAud!

Thank you rEliseMe!! My skype interview with Dr. Bentler must've gone wrong somewhere, lol! I have no regrets tho, I did my best. You must be so excited, your dream school Iowa! Congrats to you, too!! :thumbup:

Thank you rEliseMe!! My skype interview with Dr. Bentler must've gone wrong somewhere, lol! I have no regrets tho, I did my best. You must be so excited, your dream school Iowa! Congrats to you, too!! :thumbup:

Yeah, sorry we won't be classmates. :( It's good to be satisfied with what you did. I had the same feeling after the interview weekend... I felt like I had done my best and presented the best/most-representative picture of myself and if they didn't like that then there really wasn't anything I could do about it and I had to accept it. I decided that no matter where I ended up, I was going to make the best of it.

In truth, the program you attend is only a small part of your preparation to be an audiologist and it really is what you make of it!

Gallaudet University
Kissfist (OOS, 3/24)

Rush University
kittykatie (OOS, 3/3)

SDSU/UCSD
CaliAud (IS, 4/7)

University of Arizona
RadoDude (OOS, 4/11)

dg2b (IS, 3/25)

University of Florida
agapantha (OOS, 3/15)

University of Iowa
rEliseMe (OOS, 3/2)

University of Louisville
csmith72 (OOS, 3/22)

University of Pittsburgh
CDu4 (IS, 3/27)

fonoaudiologo (IS, 3/28)

spring88 (IS, 3/18)

KitKat8545 (IS, 3/15)

Wayne State University
AuDMunchkin (OOS, 4/13)

Gallaudet University
Kissfist (OOS, 3/24)

Rush University
kittykatie (OOS, 3/3)

SDSU/UCSD
CaliAud (IS, 4/7)

University of Arizona
RadoDude (OOS, 4/11)

dg2b (IS, 3/25)

University of Florida
agapantha (OOS, 3/15)

University of Iowa
rEliseMe (OOS, 3/2)

University of Louisville
csmith72 (OOS, 3/22)

University of Pittsburgh
CDu4 (IS, 3/27)

fonoaudiologo (IS, 3/28)

University of Tennessee (Knoxville)
peachyAuD (OOS, 4/14)

spring88 (IS, 3/18)

KitKat8545 (IS, 3/15)

Wayne State University
AuDMunchkin (OOS, 4/13)

peachyAuD (OOS, 4/14)

Congrats! Go Vols! I didn't know they had an AuD program! Was that your dream choice or did you just say "Phew" because it was a last-minute decision?

Gallaudet University
Kissfist (OOS, 3/24)

Rush University
kittykatie (OOS, 3/3)

SDSU/UCSD
CaliAud (IS, 4/7)

University of Arizona
RadoDude (OOS, 4/11)

dg2b (IS, 3/25)

University of Florida
agapantha (OOS, 3/15)

University of Iowa
rEliseMe (OOS, 3/2)

University of Louisville
csmith72 (OOS, 3/22)

University of Pittsburgh
CDu4 (IS, 3/27)

fonoaudiologo (IS, 3/28)

peachyAuD (OOS, 4/14)

University of Texas at Dallas
eternalreverie (I am OOS but they gave me IS tuition, 3/25)

spring88 (IS, 3/18)

KitKat8545 (IS, 3/15)

Wayne State University
AuDMunchkin (OOS, 4/13)

Congrats! Go Vols! I didn't know they had an AuD program! Was that your dream choice or did you just say "Phew" because it was a last-minute decision?

Just glad to have finally decided. :)