The Official 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chemstudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured id start this since so many people are posting threads about study methods and materials for this beast.
I'm planning on buying the AAMC official guide to the 2015 MCAT, the new TPR 2015 set, EK 101 verbal passages, and idk what else. I hope AAMC releases a practice test as well. What is everyone else doing?

Members don't see this ad.

The sample questions are already out. I have purchased the TPR Physics one and will probably buy the entire set as well as EK101. TBR is not releasing their 2015 materials until later. Also there will only be two or three full-length tests that come out before March. I wonder if the old tests would be of any use.

I too am planning on purchasing the EK101, though i'm unsure whether to purchase TPRH verbal workbook since it is rather expensive for what I would be getting. However, i'm sort of stuck on whether to purchase TPR 2015 set or the Kaplan 2015 set. Any thoughts anyone?

...I kind of have always taken the route that "kaplan is crap"...it's what I hear and I agree, from SAT prep experience, though that probably doesn't speak to MCAT prep by Kaplan.

I'd really like to use TBR, when will 2015 stuff be out?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would recommend getting the NOVA physics review. If you feel less than confident with your baisc fundamental physics, this book will beat the information into you as long as you put in the time and effort to study with it. Good luck everybody

any recommendations for an in classroom course? If kaplan is crap I'm not sure where to go next. Princeton? I'm overseas and i'm trying to budget my return home study plan. I've been out of the game for 3 years so I feel like the in classroom is the best option. Any advice?

I'm currently taking the Princeton review live online course and its amazing! I think it's better than being a classroom. You can ask questions and everything you can do in a classroom setting

Taking TPR course in Philly starting in April. Going to supplement with my old Kaplan books (this is second time taking MCAT), Khan Academy, and lots and lots of youtube videos! I learn a lot using those.

Not sure what to do before my class starts, though. For now I am reading thru Kaplan psych/soc book since I never took those classes. I just want to get started with the practice tests since timing was my downfall last time!

Is anyone using the NS 100-day study plan? Looking at starting a modified version of this after spring break to prep for an August date...