The Official 3/24 2012 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor712

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm registered, 8am. Will be on the 4 month S2N study plan, all materials in hand. This is a retake for me.

Good luck all.

D712

Members don't see this ad.

Well, this is the last weekend I have before I either have to start studying again for this God-forsaken test, or finally be done with it! So how the HECK am I supposed to enjoy it?!?!

One word: Alcohol. As much as you can drink until tuesday. Thankfully my boss is out of town next week and all I have to do at the lab is stain some slides (you can do that a little buzzed, right?)

I feel ya... 2 more days! I had a fun weekend in Portland so I was pretty distracted most of the time, but now I just need to knowwwww haha.

I took the 3/24/2012 mcat and I have a quick question. When I log onto the THx score release website, it does not have anything listed for this test. I understand the scores will not be released until the 24th, but shouldn't it tell me that my exam is being graded or at least acknowledge that I took the exam? I am just making sure that it is supposed to be completely blank until the scores are posted. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the 3/24/2012 mcat and I have a quick question. When I log onto the THx score release website, it does not have anything listed for this test. I understand the scores will not be released until the 24th, but shouldn't it tell me that my exam is being graded or at least acknowledge that I took the exam? I am just making sure that it is supposed to be completely blank until the scores are posted. Thanks!

My THx score site doesn't show anything either. This makes me feel better, because the testing computer crashed when i had 3 questions left in the test. I was really worried that messed up my test after I took it. Two more days until scores are released.

Since some of the other "Official Threads" for MCAT's that haven't even happened yet are doubling our page count, let's step it up on posting useless gibberish.

Who wants to take bets on when it'll actually be released?

Not going to lie, I'd love it if it just came out tomorrow, but it probably won't be until Tuesday at 3 PM EST or something.

This wait has totally ruined my life, though. I have a paper due tomorrow and I'm not done with it yet. No motivation until my future is decided. :scared:

I think I've checked the THx history 10,000 times since friday hoping that the scores will be release early. I don't think it will happen until tomorrow at 3:14pm

Last edited:
Well, The exam on march 24 was very very hard. I had to use every single ounce of brain power to answer through the questions. It was very complex im my opinion and I felt pressured for time in every section past #30 due to the difficulty of the questions.

I probably didnt do so well but I am praying for somethign that can get me into medical school. if not Im just gonna start job hunting and curse the day I began wasting my time.

The minute I left out of the testing room on march 24 2012 was the happiest day of my life because I was free from this horrible burden.

I still have a shred of faith I did ok, but I honestly dont feel it. I was forcing my brain so hard and giving it all I got to focus and answer the questions I just want at least a 20 to know that I can do it.

24 hours and counting than I can go cry for a bit, bang my head against the wall, cry some more, and then begin the job hunt.

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting... I need to get to work. My slides are sitting staining right now, and all I have to do is read SDN. Com'n early scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
The thing about all this that frustrates me the most is that the part of the test that matters has most likely been graded for weeks. The written portion is what takes a month to grade, and I hear that they are getting rid of that section. In other words, we have to wait this long to see our scores because both of the written essays, which in most cases don't matter anyway, have to be looked at by two different graders. I hope they will make it like the pcat, where your scores are released as soon as you click submit. None of this waiting for a month business.

It is really frustrating. On the GRE, they have an essay section also and they release the multiple choice scores immediately. You only have to wait on the essay part.

Does it ever get released early?
Like a day early?

Just curious if anyone has seen this happen...
What's another 24 hours we've waited this long :p

Glad to know I'm not the only who's been sweating bullets the past month waiting for this score release.

I know this has probably been addressed, but what'd you guys think about each of the sections? Physical is my weak spot, so no surprise I thought it was ridiculous. I used hardly any of the formulas I spent months memorizing, and many of the concepts were things I felt I'd never read about, even in undergrad. Am I alone on this? Bio section I felt pretty comfortable with, minimal amount of orgo, which was nice, and the bio stuff I came across seemed fitting to the test. Verbal always seems like a crap shoot to me, so who knows. What do you guys think?

Anyway, best of luck to everyone with your scores coming in the next few days! Only a little while longer to be ridiculously nervous...

It can get released early, it is a tentative date after all, but I have a feeling we will have to wait until around 5:00 tomorrow. :thumbdown:

I don't really remember how physical science went, I know there were few difficult questions but I can't really remember anything about it since it was the first one. Verbal was verbal, but biology seemed extremely easy IMO, the organic that was on it was simple.

My THx score site doesn't show anything either. This makes me feel better, because the testing computer crashed when i had 3 questions left in the test. I was really worried that messed up my test after I took it. Two more days until scores are released.

Saw the same emptiness on the site. :( I guess no worries. 1 more day. Wish it would arrive in the mail the day of. More exciting. :clap:. Aghhh...We will see ya'll.

Glad to know I'm not the only who's been sweating bullets the past month waiting for this score release.

I know this has probably been addressed, but what'd you guys think about each of the sections? Physical is my weak spot, so no surprise I thought it was ridiculous. I used hardly any of the formulas I spent months memorizing, and many of the concepts were things I felt I'd never read about, even in undergrad. Am I alone on this? Bio section I felt pretty comfortable with, minimal amount of orgo, which was nice, and the bio stuff I came across seemed fitting to the test. Verbal always seems like a crap shoot to me, so who knows. What do you guys think?

Anyway, best of luck to everyone with your scores coming in the next few days! Only a little while longer to be ridiculously nervous...

I felt the same way! Just trying to stay calm. Whatever happens, it's just another turn in this crazy journey :)

Good luck tomorrow everyone. Two months ago I was in your shoes. I can testify that the relief of having the whole mcat process over with is awesome :)

Ahh I am really nervous. I found myself refreshing the THx system every hour, hoping that they would release the score a day early. I hate waiting :(

I'm having a strong sense of impending doom. I don't think I want to see my score yet anyway, I've been in a pretty good mood for the past month, and all that could change the second I look at that score.

I'm having a strong sense of impending doom. I don't think I want to see my score yet anyway, I've been in a pretty good mood for the past month, and all that could change the second I look at that score.

All about that deep breath, bro. Freakin' out now doesn't do more than give you even more grey hair. That number isn't going to change whether you stay clam or feel the impending doom.

Am I the only one who has last minute hopes of upper 30's low 40's, then minutes later you think you got a 20?! Less than 17 hours now!!! :luck:

Am I the only one who has last minute hopes of upper 30's low 40's, then minutes later you think you got a 20?! Less than 17 hours now!!! :luck:

Been there done that... U'll do fine :xf:
Hang in there guys. I got my score back at ~ 1pm so it's not far away now.

I couldn't sleep last night. I had a nightmare that a scored a 3X on the test. 1V/1PS/1B and a writing section so incomprehensible that they could not score it. At the end of the dream I was called by the head of the MCAT testing service and asked never to take the test again.

I couldn't sleep last night. I had a nightmare that a scored a 3X on the test. 1V/1PS/1B and a writing section so incomprehensible that they could not score it. At the end of the dream I was called by the head of the MCAT testing service and asked never to take the test again.

Next time, threaten to take it again and again unless they meet your demands!

:corny: :rofl:

Does anybody want to post predicted scores before you know what is coming out.

Practice: 28-32
Predicted: 29
Actual: ???

Does anybody want to post predicted scores before you know what is coming out.

Practice: 28-32
Predicted: 29

Practice: 26 - 29
Predicted: 31 (I think :barf:)

Reasoning: Had constent improvement w/every practice exam, but since I was too busy studying to take practice tests the last week and a half, never broke 30... but I'm sure I must have, I studied too hard not to, and I'm normally not a studier...

But the MCAT schooled my ass for sure... being smart has nothing to do with it... only time will tell!!!

Practice: 33-34
Predicted: 24-26
Actual: don't know yet

So stressed out. I know stressing out doesn't help, but I can't control it!!!!

Haha I had a similar dream last night; however I didn't receive any calls in my dream. Good luck!

I'm so scared to find out my score. I have an exam tomorrow in school, and I can barely study for it.

I feel your pain! I have an exam during the tentative release time :mad:! Then two more on Thursday and then another 2 on Friday! Its a cursed life!

Is anyone else worried that they haven't posted an announcement for when our scores will be released? For the last mcat, they put the date and time...