The Official 3/24 2012 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor712

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm registered, 8am. Will be on the 4 month S2N study plan, all materials in hand. This is a retake for me.

Good luck all.

D712

Members don't see this ad.

I almost feel better not being able to see the score. It's like Schrödinger's cat cat right now. My score exists in two distinct states: great and crappy.

I'm afraid that I am going to open the THx history website to find a "dead kitty."

Last edited:
I feel your pain! I have an exam during the tentative release time :mad:! Then two more on Thursday and then another 2 on Friday! Its a cursed life!

Shoot. I have a lab final when the scores will be released AND a presentation on a term paper about the aromaticity of azulene.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure the grades won't be posted until after 5 pm today (ET). But I'm still logging on every hour just in case!

Is anyone else worried that they haven't posted an announcement for when our scores will be released? For the last mcat, they put the date and time...
The registration calendar does show April 24 at 5 PM ET as the release date/time. Do they usually also email us the date and time of when the score will be released?

The registration calendar does show April 24 at 5 PM ET as the release date/time. Do they usually also email us the date and time of when the score will be released?

Not they don't. You will simply reload the THx page and see that your scores have posted.
They do usually release the scores a few hours early. 5pm ET is the time at which they are available, but for what I can see (and I took it once already), scores are release 2 to 3h before that time. Of course there is no guarantee...

Not they don't. You will simply reload the THx page and see that your scores have posted.
They do usually release the scores a few hours early. 5pm ET is the time at which they are available, but for what I can see (and I took it once already), scores are release 2 to 3h before that time. Of course there is no guarantee...
Thanks.

I've also been looking through some past MCAT threads in this forum, and it looks like scores are usually released by about 3:15 PM ET. Yikes!

I think I need to leave work early and go out drinkin'. Thankfully I can check my scores on my smart phone.

Members don't see this ad :)
So nervous my balls have been sucked back into my lower back. test was hard brah i'll **** myself if i get at least a 30

It's only a problem when the alcohol runs out. Kidding. My co-workers are taking me out to celebrate a good score, or to forget a bad score. We don't know yet.

Come on guys time to post average AAMC scores, predicted and actual scores ( or at the very least range? Or points e.g scored 2 points over practice AAMC) for the sake of the nerves of future MCAT test takers. :luck:

Come on guys time to post average AAMC scores, predicted and actual scores ( or at the very least range? Or points e.g scored 2 points over practice AAMC) for the sake of the nerves of future MCAT test takers. :luck:

Bump

I thought I did much worse on verbal, and much better on physical, got what i expected on bio.
overall, i got my expected score, as 31.5 was my aamc mcat practice test avg.
I think i can work with that...:hardy:

Last edited:
PS:12, VS: 7, BS:10. My life is ruined :(((((((((( Verbal screwed me in and out :((((((((((Does anyone think I stand a chance ??

I got a bit below (average was 38+), got 36P (with a low VR:9). Not too shabby, I will take it!

PS:12, VS: 7, BS:10. My life is ruined :(((((((((( Verbal screwed me in and out :((((((((((Does anyone think I stand a chance ??

You have the same exact MCAT score as I got read my mdapp and you will realize you have a chance.

averaged 36 (PS 12 V 11 BS13)

got a 32S. (PS 11 VR 11 BS 10)
with my stats that means no med school. who's on the retake train? :(

EDITED: added in my section stats

averaged 36 (PS 12 V 11 BS13)

got a 32S. (PS 11 VR 11 BS 10)
with my stats that means no med school. who's on the retake train? :(

EDITED: added in my section stats
A 32 and ur retaking ... plus why are you saying no MED school .. are you only shooting for the best schools or something? you can get accepted easily with that score in alot of medical schools

AAMC Average 29-30

Predicted- Didn't have a clue

Actual- 9/9/10 P

Looks like a retake will be in my future.

Nope that's a solid score and distribution! It's enough for top tier assuming your GPA is above a 3.7
I hope so! After this semester, I expect to have an overall GPA of 3.7 − 3.71 and a science GPA of 3.67. With that and a 34T on the MCAT, do you really think I stand a chance to get into a top tier school? I would love anyone's opinion here! I'm hoping for any top 20 (or ideally a top 10) school. I have really amazing extracurrics and research (I have 1 publication and 5 other papers being submitted for publication, and I'm a first author on 2 of them), and I know my letter of recs will be great. Do I have a shot of getting into a top school? Or should I retake MCAT?

33Q (11, 11, 11). A little disappointed, but within my range (28-36). I'll see if I have to retake it when I talk to my advisor (I'm applying MD/PhD), but I'm really hoping my GPA and research makes up for it!