The Official 8/5/2010 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnthroMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm just getting this club started. This will be my second attempt at the MCAT. Anybody else retaking?

Members don't see this ad.

This is going to be some long long days of waiting...I previously already submitted my AMCAS and now getting ready to submit few secondaries...

Still thinking about registering for another one in September just to give my chance a shot at this year still...just in case

yeah iam still debating this just I feel like that by the time that grade comes out it will be too late

well, had my first score nightmare last night. I scored a 7/8/9 and was crying and what not. sad thing is this is a very realistic score based on how i felt leaving the test center lol

Dont be scurred, its just a score that can help determine the rest of your life. Nothing to have nightmares over.

Members don't see this ad :)
well, had my first score nightmare last night. I scored a 7/8/9 and was crying and what not. sad thing is this is a very realistic score based on how i felt leaving the test center lol

lol...yeah some days....i feel like i got like 11,11,8.....other days I wake up at get 8,6,10.....lol....just hate this waiting...

So what is everybody up too now?

Hey,
I agree this waiting sucks!! One day I think maybe I did ok, then other days I have a major panic and think I totally bombed, so hard not to think about it!! 3 more weeks of the agony of waiting!! I have registered for another exam Sept 11, but would give anything not to have to rewrite this again...I pray that I get a decent score!!:rolleyes:

12 days to go - I feel like time is flying - hope everyone is enjoying their fall semester...

Yeah man 9 days...Fall semester is already getting rough...I have been trying to stay with a lil MCAT here and there but we are having 3 exams within the next week or so...rough stuff...

But hopefully Sept 7...come soon with a good score!!!:thumbup:

My birthday is the same day as when I get my scores back.........:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:

ouch fly! I can't imagine looking at that score on the same day as my birthday.

Anyone think they'll come out a day or 2 earlier?? I want it nooooooooooow!!!! Less than a week...

It would be awesome to have our scores on Friday, could be a weekend of celebrations rather than a weekend of nerves!!
I can hardly believe that we are next in line to receive our scores :eek:
Best of luck to everyone waiting...

Members don't see this ad :)
It would be awesome to have our scores on Friday, could be a weekend of celebrations rather than a weekend of nerves!!
I can hardly believe that we are next in line to receive our scores :eek:
Best of luck to everyone waiting...

Yeah, I wished they came out today...to ease the nerves a little...now it can be a long weekend to watch college football and STUDY FOR EXAMS....

4 days!!! Good luck guys

Finally, to clarify, there is NO curve on MCAT. A perfect score is required for a 15; miss one is a 14; miss two is a 13; miss 3-5, 12; etc. Its been like that fore a few years.

Not totally accurate. While the exam is not curved, it is most definitely scaled. A relatively difficult test will have a more "friendly" raw score to scaled score conversion.

:bang::boom::eek: AHHHHH, just post them already

Why cant the MCAT peoples get us our scores in a timely manner? for real, 30+ days is just tortuous.

wasn't there an instance when they posted the scores 2 days early - i read it somewhere on sdn - i suppose anything is possible...

yeah but I think at this point they definitely won't be out till Tuesday because of the holiday weekend.
I had a dream about my score last night... actually I had multiple versions of the same dream. One time I had a good score, another time it went down from when I first took it, and then I got the same total score but just different section scores. ugh. fml.

It's looked up on the MCAT THx site: https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/

I just keep telling myself one more sleep :p Tomorrow I will be out from 3 till late, so I'm reallllly hoping they are released in the early afternoon!

Yeah last day from reality!!! Less than 24 hours... I am Getting Kinda Nervous in checking too... bc I have an exam on Wednesday...and don't wanna throw my game off for the exam as well..

Did anyone that took the 8/5 MCAT report to the AAMC that there was a typo on item 21 of the physical sciences section where the word "time" was misplaced which made the question hard to interpret?

Did anyone that took the 8/5 MCAT report to the AAMC that there was a typo on item 21 of the physical sciences section where the word "time" was misplaced which made the question hard to interpret?

I sure hope so. I definitely missed that one and I'm pretty sure it was easy, but the typo had my mind going crazy lol.

Good luck tomorrow everyone! I hope everyone gets what they need!

I sure hope so. I definitely missed that one and I'm pretty sure it was easy, but the typo had my mind going crazy lol.

Good luck tomorrow everyone! I hope everyone gets what they need!

I actually mentioned that typo on sdn too and someone then sent me a pm saying it wasn't a typo - It was actually a special term. Unfortunately, not many of us knew what it meant.

wait...I'm confused. I took the August 4th exam , which means I should be getting my scores back today also. What time do the scores come out?

Might i just add,

it says "After 5pm"........

Ill check around 6PM; unless, someone blurts out on here that scores are released uber early.

5 dollhair bet.

My bet--- 6PM

I actually mentioned that typo on sdn too and someone then sent me a pm saying it wasn't a typo - It was actually a special term. Unfortunately, not many of us knew what it meant.

Well that sucks lol. Now I feel dumb. Oh well, hopefully it doesn't affect our ps scores!

I'm guessing the scores come out at 3:47 cdt

Well that sucks lol. Now I feel dumb. Oh well, hopefully it doesn't affect our ps scores!

I'm guessing the scores come out at 3:47 cdt

so did i...

I was looking at the official club of 7/8 and 7/29 - they both got the scores around the same time - 11:30 pacific

so im guessing around 3 hrs left for us...