The Official 9/8/2011 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erure

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else taking it on the 8th? We have just about 2 months left now :eek::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Right here, retaking after getting rolled by VR my first time.

Words can't begin to describe how relieved I'll be when this summer of MCAT study-hell is over

Right here, retaking after getting rolled by VR my first time.

Words can't begin to describe how relieved I'll be when this summer of MCAT study-hell is over

So true. This is my first time and I sincerely hope it will be the last.

So true. This is my first time and I sincerely hope it will be the last.

This will also be my first time taking the MCAT and I am excited!!! It does not matter when you take the test, it is all about how well you do!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Urggg...! Time sure does fly..
I really hope I don't have to take it more than once..

naijacardriodoc, if you haven't done so already, check out the threads on the top of this forum, such as "30+ MCAT study habits" and other verbal tips from people who got 40+ scores (=God:bow:)..

I took my first practice test ever yesterday and it was horrible. I'm still glad I did it though because now I realize how much work I need to put in to get the improvement that I want. Although my score was horrible, I still felt that the test wasn't as hard as I thought it would be (I thought it'd be really hard and that I'd get a single digit as my overall score, tbh) and was surprised that I wasn't too burned out at the end. I also realized that I probably should work a little more on writing too -- my essays were craptastic. Anyway, hope you guys are doing well with all the studying :)

Urggg...! Time sure does fly..
I really hope I don't have to take it more than once..

naijacardriodoc, if you haven't done so already, check out the threads on the top of this forum, such as "30+ MCAT study habits" and other verbal tips from people who got 40+ scores (=God:bow:)..

Thanks KindofBlue!! I will definitely be looking through that thread to parse out any advice that may work.

Possibly taking it on Sept 8th. I took it on 07/06. That test was sort of monster, even thought I felt like I had the content down cold and averaged about a 29 on TBR's exams and got a 29 on AAMC 11, which is suppose to be the most representative of the real mcat, although the 07/06 was far more difficult. I think I had 3 or 4 passages on my mcat bio that were as hard as the most difficult passage on on AAMC 11 bio. I'm just hoping the curve is generous for 07/06 so I don't have to join you all in taking this beast again. Does anyone know of a way to get a hold of TPR or Kaplan practice exams without buying the whole course? If I do need to take it again, it'd be nice to have some new practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
passages passages passages. detailed review, reference BR content sections to hammer out any concepts giving me trouble. I'm also trying to decrease the amount of time it takes per passage.

ditched 8/23 for here,

anybody taking GS exams soon?

Hey! Me too. I have finals and papers to do. So, I decided to just take it on 9/8. Couldn't get a seat on the 10th. The next few days I'll be working on school stuff (+ verbal passages) and then back to MCAT studying.

Good luck studying!

I just signed up for the 8th!...switched from Aug 12th.

Im switching from 8/18...too much stuff going on like work and moving. Ive freed up my schedule and my class schedule gives me good time to grind 10 hrs a day.

One month left. Hope everyone's studying is going well! (still surprised this thread is only on the first page...)

I took AAMC 3 last Sunday, been doing lots of practice passages in EK1001 and TBR passages since then. Going "all out" and doing 2 full lengths a week starting this weekend. Wish me luck!

What has everyone been using to study?

I was taking the MCAT on the 18th but pushed it back cause I have a lot of stuff coming up and wasn't read. But I had finished reading TBR and did two FLs (did terrible on both). So I've been reading kaplan for bio which has done wonders and I'm writing formulas and other important info which is also helping a lot...or so I think. I plan on taking another FL in a few weeks to see how I'm doing.

Was originally going to take it on the 10th but all the seats are full, so I signed up for this one instead.

Holla! :p

anybody getting worried yet..?

Yes, very. There's still plenty of time. I wish I could take it on the 10th but the 8th is the last day to take it in Colorado. Perhaps I'll register on the 25th and pray that I can get a seat.

took kaplan 6 a few days ago and got a 33 (11,11,11)...took aamc 4 today and got a 27 (10,7,10)...feeling bummed.

Anyone else take aamc's yet?

Yes, very. There's still plenty of time. I wish I could take it on the 10th but the 8th is the last day to take it in Colorado. Perhaps I'll register on the 25th and pray that I can get a seat.

lol do you really think 1 day is going to make a difference haha...

1 FL/day since 3 days ago... it's rough balls =)

Took kaplan 6 got 29 (P-9, V-10, B-10)
Also took Kaplan 7 and got 27 (P-9, V-7, B-11)

Don't know if I'll be ready by the 8th?!

Well, here are your options:

1) put it off until January. Next year. Depends on your schedule, think about if it will make a difference in how prepared you are - will you have time to study then that you don't have now? If you aren't ready, this is the better option - delaying for a year won't kill your chances.

2) Be ready. You will have to work your butt off. Figure out what you are doing wrong and fix it in 3 weeks.

Good luck!

yea work ur butt off...

kaplan scores are inflated too take AAMC or two to really gauge where you are at

wow took TBR CBT 5 today... it was demoralizing..

gotta step up my game

Look at it as a learning experience - keep a journal of what questions you messed up on and why.

For example, I was scoring solid 8's on VR for two practice exams, then bumped up to an 11 because I realized, contrary to what I thought, going back and checking my answers did NOT help me more than it hurt. :rolleyes: Go figure.

Look at it as a learning experience - keep a journal of what questions you messed up on and why.

For example, I was scoring solid 8's on VR for two practice exams, then bumped up to an 11 because I realized, contrary to what I thought, going back and checking my answers did NOT help me more than it hurt. :rolleyes: Go figure.

ya I love reviewing so much! so much fun learning from your mistakes