The Official AACOMAS Verification Thread (2015-2016)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks to @Dr Turkelton for creating this for last year!

Instructions: DO NOT DELETE!
1) Click "quote" on the most recent post.
2) Add your name and submission date.
3) Delete the quote tags at both the top and the bottom.
4) When your AACOMAS is verified, come back and add the date you were verified to your previous entry.

(Example) Dr Turkelton Submitted: 6/3. All Transcripts Received: 5/29. Verified: (pending)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I grabbed the paper-based transcript matching form I got from the fancy new website. Does anyone know if the paper form is absolutely necessary, or could we request the transcript to be sent online and just provide the AACOMAS address like we did last year?

So I grabbed the paper-based transcript matching form I got from the fancy new website. Does anyone know if the paper form is absolutely necessary, or could we request the transcript to be sent online and just provide the AACOMAS address like we did last year?

Lots of online transcript request services allow you to attach a file (save the form as a PDF from aacomas and attach it). If there is no option then the aacomas FAQ says in the address line to put "aacomas ID: ###" as it's own line and that would be ok

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks to @@Dr Turkelton for creating this for last year!

4) When your AACOMAS is verified, come back and add the date you were verified to your previous entry.

(Example) Dr Turkelton Submitted: 6/3. All Transcripts Received: 5/29. Verified: (pending)

Nontradunderdog Submitted 6/5. All Transcripts Recieved (5/15) Verified (pending)

Last edited:

Gordon Gekko Submitted 5/6. All Transcripts Received (pending). Verified (pending).
Nontradunderdog Submitted 5/5. All Transcripts Received (pending). Verified (pending).

Last edited:
You guys mean submitted 5/** right? Not 6/**?

Thought we couldn't submit until June?

Thought we couldn't submit until June?
Post by Gonnif:

FROM AACOMAS:

A clarifying note: Applicants may begin to submit their 2016 AACOMAS Application on May 5, 2015 once the AACOMAS application goes live at 1:00pm Eastern Standard Time. They will not need to wait until early June to submit.

The nation’s Osteopathic Medical Schools will begin receiving applications on/about June 15, 2015.

Reactions: 1 users
Post by Gonnif:

FROM AACOMAS:

A clarifying note: Applicants may begin to submit their 2016 AACOMAS Application on May 5, 2015 once the AACOMAS application goes live at 1:00pm Eastern Standard Time. They will not need to wait until early June to submit.

The nation’s Osteopathic Medical Schools will begin receiving applications on/about June 15, 2015.
Oh, thanks!!

Gordon Gekko Submitted 5/6. All Transcripts Received (pending). Verified (pending).
Nontradunderdog Submitted 5/5. All Transcripts Received (pending). Verified (pending).
Tony T Chopper - Submitted 5/6 - All Transcripts Received (pending). Verified (pending).

Submitted means you paid and everything right?

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is giving me anxiety. I can't submit until I receive my spring grade. feelsbadman

Reactions: 1 users
can you verify AACOMAS w/o selecting a school?

can you add extra schools to submit AACOMAS afterwards?

thanks!

can you verify AACOMAS w/o selecting a school?

can you add extra schools to submit AACOMAS afterwards?

thanks!
I picked a school I don't plan on going to. After I confirm they verified my app correctly, I will add the real list of schools.

I picked a school I don't plan on going to. After I confirm they verified my app correctly, I will add the real list of schools.

After you submit you can't go back and change anything though right? Like descriptions, etc.

nstructions: DO NOT DELETE!

Tony T Chopper - Submitted 5/6 - All Transcripts Received (pending). Verified (pending).
uvrsol- Submitted 5/8- All Transcripts Received (5/6). Verified (pending).

uvrsol- Submitted 5/8- All Transcripts Received (5/6). Verified (pending).
detectivealonzo - Submitted 5/7 - All Transcripts Received (5/14). Verified (pending).

Last edited:

uvrsol- Submitted 5/8- All Transcripts Received (5/6). Verified (5/11).
detectivealonzo - Submitted 5/7 - All Transcripts Received (pending). Verified (pending).

how do you know when they have received your transcripts?

detectivealonzo - Submitted 5/7 - All Transcripts Received (pending). Verified (pending).
Stephanopolous---Submitted 5/11. Awaiting transcripts.

Stephanopolous---Submitted 5/11. Awaiting transcripts.
Tony T Chopper - Submitted 5/6 - All Transcripts Received (5/13). Verified (pending).

How long did it take most of you to have your transcripts received?

I ordered 11 different transcripts on Thursday, with 4 received by AACOMAS already.

What do you mean by different transcripts? Like schools? I have only one class from an outside university than the one I attend. So would that only be two transcripts?

I plan to send them out by next week.

2) Add your name and submission date (in chronological order of date submitted).

cawolf edit: Can we keep this in chronological order of date submitted? I think it will be much more useful than alphabetical. I am rearranging the thread into chronological order.

Tony T Chopper - Submitted 5/6 - All Transcripts Received (5/13). Verified (pending).
uvrsol- Submitted 5/8- All Transcripts Received (5/6). Verified (5/11)
Stephanopolous---Submitted 5/11. All Transcripts Received: (pending). Verified: (pending)
Cawolf Submitted: 5/13. All Transcripts Received: (pending). Verified: (pending)

2) Add your name and submission date (in chronological order of date submitted).

cawolf edit: Can we keep this in chronological order of date submitted? I think it will be much more useful than alphabetical. I am rearranging the thread into chronological order.

Stephanopolous---Submitted 5/11. All Transcripts Received: (pending). Verified: (pending)
Cawolf Submitted: 5/13. All Transcripts Received: (pending). Verified: (pending)
Xcede Submitted: 5/13. All Transcripts Received: 5/12. Verified: 5/20.

Last edited:

Xcede Submitted: 5/13. All Transcripts Received: 5/12. Verified: (pending).
MajorUnderDog: 5/14. All Transcripts Received: 5/13. Verified: (pending)

SPQRMD: Submitted 5/10. All Transcripts Received: 5/12. Verified: 5/14

Did anyone have the problem about AACOMAS not letting you submit? It shows that all sections are completed but when I go to "Manage My Programs", I am unable to pay and submit. The option is greyed out.

How long did it take for them to receive your guys' transcripts? My 10 business days are coming up like tomorrow.
It's the same for me. My transcript was sent on 5/6 and they still haven't received it. I think by 10 business days they really mean 2 weeks since weekends don't count. So hopefully they will receive it soon.

I hate to be that guy, but how did you guys submit your applications yet? There are some bugs with it that are preventing me from submitting. Did you guys double check that your dates are getting properly reported. I'd like to reference a bug I found and posted about on another thread, here:

Is anyone else also having this problem: All the dates I enter get a day subtracted from them after I hit save and continue. What in the world...

I notice this happens when I'm selecting the date I took my MCAT. I choose the 18th of April and I save and it will tell me I took it the 17th. If I select the 19th it finally tells me I took it the 18th on the final page. This also happens on my experiences.

I hate to be that guy, but how did you guys submit your applications yet? There are some bugs with it that are preventing me from submitting. Did you guys double check that your dates are getting properly reported. I'd like to reference a bug I found and posted about on another thread, here:

Is anyone else also having this problem: All the dates I enter get a day subtracted from them after I hit save and continue. What in the world...

I notice this happens when I'm selecting the date I took my MCAT. I choose the 18th of April and I save and it will tell me I took it the 17th. If I select the 19th it finally tells me I took it the 18th on the final page. This also happens on my experiences.

This is happening to me too- it's saying jan 14th instead of the 15th when I took it earlier in the year.

How are you notified when your transcripts get it? I had them sent out last Friday and haven't heard anything.

SPQRMD: Submitted 5/10. All Transcripts Received: 5/12. Verified: 5/14
cjfarrell21: submitted 5/13. All Transcripts received: 5/10. verified: (pending)

This is happening to me too- it's saying jan 14th instead of the 15th when I took it earlier in the year.
I emailed them right now. Lets see what they say.

My first of three transcripts was received today. I didn't have any payment or date change issues.

Nice!

My first of five showed up yesterday.

@Giovanotto AACOMAS emails you. You can also see it on the CAS after you submit.

Reactions: 2 users