The Official April 24, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopelessDreamer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else on here taking it on the 24th? I'm going to start studying later this week. What is everyone else's study plan?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I mean what's the difference right? I just count my review exam as the first 1/3 passages. Then the remaining "actual" passages I can split in half for the 2/3 and 3/3. I time each one though, as you should.

Anyone here taking a Kaplan course? If so, what do you guys think about the physics review notes book?

I am man. It is basically stressing me right now lol. Am done! Switching to TBR, do yourself a favor a use that as well lol

I am man. It is basically stressing me right now lol. Am done! Switching to TBR, do yourself a favor a use that as well lol

Why'd it stress you out? My first class is tomorrow, :X I have TBR books for Physics & GC, and i'm not taking any classes, so I sprinkle a bit of SN2ED w/ Kaplan course

Members don't see this ad :)
Taking the free TPR test tomorrow morning as a diagnostic. Wohoo! Heard it's pretty demoralizing. Tough life.

Anyway, study hard people.

How have you guys been doing on the 1/3 questions at the end of each chapter? I usually end up getting like 5/7 6/8 etc. correct range and it's been stressing me out

Why'd it stress you out? My first class is tomorrow, :X I have TBR books for Physics & GC, and i'm not taking any classes, so I sprinkle a bit of SN2ED w/ Kaplan course

Kaplan's physics section was a hit or miss for me. TBR's physics is way better if u ask me. Using that and some videos i found online as a supplement and looks like I'm going to make physics my strongest subject.

How have you guys been doing on the 1/3 questions at the end of each chapter? I usually end up getting like 5/7 6/8 etc. correct range and it's been stressing me out
I haven't. I actually decided not to do any questions until i feel like I'm comfortable enough with the content to a point where I won't be wasting the questions by getting them wrong. I'm talking more time doing content review, haven't taken some of these courses since 2011-2012.

Good day, everyone. I am taking this test with you all on this day. Best of luck in your studies, let's keep each other motivated.

Hi everyone..I'm on day 7 and I'm not really sticking to sn2d's method anymore for a number of reasons. Main reason being that I feel as though I need to do a in depth content review for all subjects and his 3 month schedule isn't really tailored for in depth content review. And another reason is because I'd rather not do any passage based problems until my in depth content review is done. After that i will pick up with a revised version of sn2d's method. I'm still doing either 2 or 3 verbal passages a day, alternating between BR and EK 101 and I noticed that BR's non diagnostic passages are super easy ( only getting 1-2 questions wrong per passage) compared to EK 101 (getting up to 3 questions wrong per passage) for my first few passages. Maybe its intentional for BR non diagnostic though. Also I decided to stick with Kaplan's bio book as opposed to EK's bio because EK's content is too condensed for me. Kaplan's bio is way more in depth but not too detailed which is what I need for biology. Realizing more and more each day that a good MCAT study schedule is one that is tailored to your specific needs and only take a few days in to alter and fit the study schedules to your individual needs. Thats all from me for now, how's everyone else coming along?

Hi everyone..I'm on day 7 and I'm not really sticking to sn2d's method anymore for a number of reasons. Main reason being that I feel as though I need to do a in depth content review for all subjects and his 3 month schedule isn't really tailored for in depth content review. And another reason is because I'd rather not do any passage based problems until my in depth content review is done. After that i will pick up with a revised version of sn2d's method. I'm still doing either 2 or 3 verbal passages a day, alternating between BR and EK 101 and I noticed that BR's non diagnostic passages are super easy ( only getting 1-2 questions wrong per passage) compared to EK 101 (getting up to 3 questions wrong per passage) for my first few passages. Maybe its intentional for BR non diagnostic though. Also I decided to stick with Kaplan's bio book as opposed to EK's bio because EK's content is too condensed for me. Kaplan's bio is way more in depth but not too detailed which is what I need for biology. Realizing more and more each day that a good MCAT study schedule is one that is tailored to your specific needs and only take a few days in to alter and fit the study schedules to your individual needs. Thats all from me for now, how's everyone else coming along?

How about you do this.
Watch Chad's videos for content,
- do EK 1001 1/3 on those topics
- If you are doing poorly then read the content from TBR but if doing well which I believe you will after watching the videos go on and do the passages in TBR.
- I have seen improvements since I started doing this and it saves time because passage >>>>>>>> content.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am writing April 11, but close enough lol.
I was initially writing Jan 25 but earlier this month my studying got very delayed and my VR was brutal, and I did 2 aamc's that proved I needed to slow down and get back to the books.
I was doing TPR, but now Im restudying content using TBR and a mix of my TPR sections + EK, which is just for depth and refreshing. I was very weak on content which is why I started with TPR in October and took my time. But now that I got familiar with it, Im using TBR to "Study for the mcat" sort of sense, which is a mix of content review and some constant practicing.
I hope it pays off, its one of those dark time periods for me, as the MCAT just seems like Im a mountain trying to climb up slowly.
VR is my true worries.
Anyway, just wanted to add, and be a part of this group, hope to feed of some of ur enthusiasm. My ambitions are high, but this obstacle seems bigger atm!

I started off doing SN2ED, but Im going to revise it a lot. Im only using TBR for the physics section and for the bio section I'll make sure Im prepared. Verbal will require practice. I want a 36, and you should all have similar or greater ambitions. I will not stop until i get straight 12's.

We got this!

I took the TPR course as well although I didn't really follow the SN2d method. First, although this may seem really obvious, go to all of your TPR classes. Once you start, there will be days you will feel like skipping. Even if you don't do any other prep that day, by going to class, you're spending a few hours doing content review, passage practice and get to ask questions with a live instructor. Besides, you paid all that money, why not go right? Second, go through as much of the TPR material as possible (especially the SW and VWB), but don't forget to integrate other prep material such as Kaplan and EK1001 series as well. Third, and this is one of the advantages no other prep can offer, ask your TPR teachers tons of questions, be it content or strategy related. These teachers are getting paid to help you excel on your MCAT, so don't be shy and take full use of this resource (and make use of their office hours).

Keep in mind that not every TPR strategy works for every person. There's no need to follow their instructions to the tee. If something works or you, then use it, if not, don't feel obligated to stick to that method just because TPR said so.
Thanks!! I couldn't find any advice about the course anywhere

I'm in this boat as well, 3 months from today! I am taking a Kaplan class, and am supplementing it with the EK 1001/101 verbal. I'm also keeping a log of the content Kaplan questions I'm missing but I think the EK will be good as well for extra practice outside of strictly content.

I agree with HiloH--straight 12's here we come!

We got it guys its just the beginning of the process, from reading through all the 30+ forums, asking many mentors, and going over most mcat schedules on her, its handwork, constancy, practice problems, and determination. Its gonna be rough in the beginning but we are only starting the journey up a mountain, if we stay committed to making the step each day constantly we will get there. We must be constant. No more excuse guys I really plan to go to medschool and hopefully one of us with go to the same medschool. Also just like in school one test grade will not keep you out of medschool, one bad AAMC test won't keep us from getting 40's on the MCAT. Once we believe that we have won a crucial component to this journey. All of us are making 40... PERIOD. LETS DO IT!!!!

Sorry for the the bad grammatical errors , I think i just got flu last night and I have studied the mcat for 7 hours today. Its been a rough day :/

Anyone else on here taking it on the 24th? I'm going to start studying later this week. What is everyone else's study plan?

I am a retake for MCAT, plan is Princeton Review classes and EK books, costed a little fortune but hopefully they get the job done.

What are you guys planning to achieve next week? Any certain amount of chapters? Practice tests?

Im hoping to go through a few chapters of Bio and Orgo, maybe a chapter or two from GC and Phys.

We gotta resurrect this thread from the dead! How's studying going?

I agree!! :dead:

Studying is going OK, I feel a bit more comfortable with the MCAT now after a few weeks of trying out different strategies of studying. Im going to try setting up an intense schedule for Feb so I can be a lot more productive. At what point in time do you guys think is the right time to have mastered (or at least have a solid foundation on) all content on the MCAT? End of Feb perhaps?

Best of luck on your studies

hey guys, finally decided to start an account on here to get some motivation to study, am using TPR self study...have finished 2 bio chapters, 2 gchem chapters and 1 Physics...today am working on the second physics chapter. I know its not looking good considering am suppose to be taking the MCAT on the 24th of april...but am reading each and every chapter and taking notes then listening to the videos from TPR website for that chapter and then doing passage question from TPR website for each chapter...so its taking a lot of time. Am a nurse on top of that, so got to work too...but taking everything into consideration, am slacking with my studies...need to go all out this coming month...my plan is to be done with all the content by the end of FEB...hope i will be successful. Would like to hear where everyone is with their contents...

Last edited:
We gotta resurrect this thread from the dead! How's studying going?
Quite intensive! Reviewing the steps and products and reactants of glycolysis, the krebs cycle, and oxidative phosphorylation is a bit...consuming...but...pretty fun:bookworm:.
Coming to the close of week 2 for me and feeling like an easy 2 extra points on PS and BS! So I guess thats great lol:highfive:

I agree!! :dead:

Studying is going OK, I feel a bit more comfortable with the MCAT now after a few weeks of trying out different strategies of studying. Im going to try setting up an intense schedule for Feb so I can be a lot more productive. At what point in time do you guys think is the right time to have mastered (or at least have a solid foundation on) all content on the MCAT? End of Feb perhaps?

Best of luck on your studies
I feel u! I initially started with sn2ed's schedule 3 weeks ago but my first week was counterproductive being that I needed a more detailed approach than some of BR books allow for. So I started fresh the 2nd week as my 1st week with Kaplan replacement for Bio,Gen Chem, Orgo Chem and Nova for Physics. So far so good. Information retainment going pretty good. Now its all about putting in the hours each day and not getting lazy and skipping days. Mind over matter though. And as for your question, having a solid foundation is what everyone seems to say is whats important and I think so too. I've taken the MCAT once and a basic understanding of these concepts is all you need when it comes to content. Of course mastering won't harm you but I'm going with the notion that you won't know every little detail of info for the MCAT. The info is just too broad. And however long it takes you individually is all that matters whether its a month or 2 months or 3. With my plan I should be done with content review somewhere between end of feb and mid march. I'm going to take my time and go as slow or as fast as I need to. Although I'm going to do everything to assure i don't, but if i have to push my test back I will for the sake of my score. I want to be as prepared as possible and only want to have to take it again this one last time before it becomes nonexistent in my life. I'm sure we all feel the same way about that lol

Last edited:
hey guys, finally decided to start an account on here to get some motivation to study, am using TRP self study...have finished 2 bio chapters, 2 gchem chapters and 1 Physics...today am working on the second physics chapter. I know its not looking good considering am suppose to be taking the MCAT on the 24th of april...but am reading each and every chapter and taking notes then listening to the videos from TRP website for that chapter and then doing passage question from TRP website for each chapter...so its taking a lot of time. Am a nurse on top of that, so got to work too...but taking everything into consideration, am slacking with my studies...need to go all out this coming month...my plan is to be done with all the content by the end of FEB...hope i will be successful. Would like to hear where everyone is with their contents...
Finished chap 3 in gen chem and bio. Starting ch 2 in orgo, forgot all about it and got behind:confused:, and starting ch 3 in physics. I think you are doing good with time. The way I look at it, even if i finish in mid march, i still have a full month to take FL's and adjust content review based on results until april 24th. I want to be done by the end of feb as well but i don't think it will kill us if we're not.

I feel u! I initially started with sn2ed's schedule 3 weeks ago but my first week was counterproductive being that I needed a more detailed approach than some of BR books allow for. So I started fresh the 2nd week as my 1st week with Kaplan replacement for Bio,Gen Chem, Orgo Chem and Nova for Physics. So far so good. Information retainment going pretty good. Now its all about putting in the hours each day and not getting lazy and skipping days. Mind over matter though. And as for your question, having a solid foundation is what everyone seems to say is whats important and I think so too. I've taken the MCAT once and a basic understanding of these concepts is all you need when it comes to content. Of course mastering won't harm you but I'm going with the notion that you won't know every little detail of info for the MCAT. The info is just too broad. And however long it takes you individually is all that matters whether its a month or 2 months or 3. With my plan I should be done with content review somewhere between end of feb and mid march. I'm going to take my time and go as slow or as fast as I need to. Although I'm going to do everything to assure i don't, but if i have to push my test back I will for the sake of my score. I want to be as prepared as possible and only want to have to take it again this one last time before it becomes nonexistent in my life. I'm sure we all feel the same way about that lol

Very well put. I agree with you on everything, but I have TBR books for GC and Physics which I'm probably going to use intensively in the last month or two, to potentially bump up my PS score a point or two (after doing all the problems in the TBR books thats the least Id deserve :blackeye:)

Im using Kaplans books and the class right now, and Im pretty satisfied with the whole course in general. Im saving all AAMC's till late march-early april, and i'll be starting Kaplans FL's beginning of march.

I wanted to ask you though, how are you liking the NOVA book for physics? Are the explanations clear?

TEAM 36+!!!:soexcited::highfive:

Last edited:
Very well put. I agree with you on everything, but I have TBR books for GC and Physics which I'm probably going to use intensively in the last month or two, to potentially bump up my PS score a point or two (after doing all the problems in the TBR books thats the least I deserve :blackeye:)

Im using Kaplans books and the class right now, and Im pretty satisfied with the whole course in general. Im saving all AAMC's till late march-early april, and i'll be starting Kaplans FL's beginning of march.

I wanted to ask you though, how are you liking the NOVA book for physics? Are the explanations clear?

TEAM 36+!!!:soexcited::highfive:

Yep I will do the same..I haven't entirely abandoned my BR books because they're still good for the passages, especially chem and physics I'm told. So when I'm done with kaplan and nova physics I'm going to skim through the BR sections using my notes then I'll do the passages. I'm going to try to go through at least 3-4 sections a day to keep up with time. And plus it shouldn't take me long going through a section after my intensive content review is done. Nova physics seems pretty good. They're not expecting you to know anything and are diligent in their explanations. I've only did the 2nd chapter so far so hopefully it'll be the same for all chapters. I've heard good things about this book and i bought it on iTunes for $9 so it wasn't bad at all.

"When you want something, all of the universe conspires in helping you achieve it"-Paulo Coehlo
TEAM 40! Let's shoot for the stars!:soexcited:

I ended up pushing my date back to may 8th. April 24th is legit like 3 days after finals. Cant see that panning out too well. Best of luck guys

Yea i am down for the Skype group, also for the cell respiration in my TPR course they say its more important to know the products of the entire process and also to know when you are gaining atp, Nad, and ect, but you don't need to memorize the whole cycle,

Just got done studying the Physics force/incline/friction/etc section. Going to take a break then drill some EK 1001 FSQ's before I work on passages. Taking a practice test on Saturday!

What's going on y'all?! How's progress going?

I am also taking the test on this day. I am trying to at least score a 33+. I just started studying a few days ago and for the review, I use Youtube Videos(Although I do have all the test prep books). I copied the AAMC topics and I just take each sub topic and try to watch a video on it. Although I should have several hours at my disposal to study, I am not really motivated and kind of easily get distracted. I think i will be fine on the science section but since I am African I struggle on the Verbal section and that is what I am trying to get some help on but I still struggle and not really motivated to work on it that much. Time will tell though. Good luck studying guys

I took AAMC 10 last weekend and got a 23, I also want a 33+ so its a long way to go, i really felt rushed on verbal even though I've been doing relatively well on it , i think i need to find a new strategy so i have time, and physical science i just need to do some intense content review

I took AAMC 10 last weekend and got a 23, I also want a 33+ so its a long way to go, i really felt rushed on verbal even though I've been doing relatively well on it , i think i need to find a new strategy so i have time, and physical science i just need to do some intense content review

Nice, how far along on content are you?

Im taking the Princeton course, so I'm following there schedule, i have finished physics: kinematics, mechanics: newtons law, and started UCM,motion and torque chapter today, for chem- stoichometry & atomic structure, periodic trends and bonding, phases and gases, and solutions coliagitve properties and kinetics, for bio- biochemistry and molecular bio, and for organic - strutter and bonding/stability

Any one here a retaker? I took it last May and did terrible. I studied very little, and didnt do that many passages. Im pretty much done doing content review, and am focusing on questions now.

Any one here a retaker? I took it last May and did terrible. I studied very little, and didnt do that many passages. Im pretty much done doing content review, and am focusing on questions now.
I'm a retaker. Took it aug of 2012 my senior yr and failed miserably. I did little content review and was studyin while talkin summer physics 2 and organic 2 courses. Didn't have a clue on how to study for the mcat, due to the nonexistent pre med resources we had at my school. So yea I had to do a lot of soul searching and had to use every resource available on the internet..luckily I found this site and the rest is history. I actually made a 21 on aamc 3, but a LOT of guessing was involved and actually did worse on the actual mcat :eek:. But that's behind me now here I am ready to make my 30+:)

I'm a retaker. Took it aug of 2012 my senior yr and failed miserably. I did little content review and was studyin while talkin summer physics 2 and organic 2 courses. Didn't have a clue on how to study for the mcat, due to the nonexistent pre med resources we had at my school. So yea I had to do a lot of soul searching and had to use every resource available on the internet..luckily I found this site and the rest is history. I actually made a 21 on aamc 3, but a LOT of guessing was involved and actually did worse on the actual mcat :eek:. But that's behind me now here I am ready to make my 30+:)

I got a 19 on the actual mcat last May. P/V/B: 10/4/5

I think for verbal, I didnt understand that although many of the answers are right, they are still not the best answer.
Also for Biology, I hadnt taken since 2005, and EK Bio was just too much of a breeze for me. After failing the test in May, Iwent through Princeton Reviews Biology, and have been doing much better than I had done previously.

I did well on physics b/c, well... my undergrad was in Mechanical Engineering, so it better be good.

I like that physics is heavily emphasized on the MCAT, since it makes my degree somewhat relevant.

I got a 19 on the actual mcat last May. P/V/B: 10/4/5

I think for verbal, I didnt understand that although many of the answers are right, they are still not the best answer.
Also for Biology, I hadnt taken since 2005, and EK Bio was just too much of a breeze for me. After failing the test in May, Iwent through Princeton Reviews Biology, and have been doing much better than I had done previously.

I did well on physics b/c, well... my undergrad was in Mechanical Engineering, so it better be good.

I like that physics is heavily emphasized on the MCAT, since it makes my degree somewhat relevant.
Ur PS is pretty good..with ur studyin u can bring that up even more..that 10 means u got the knowledge now all u need is practice practice and more practice on mcat style questions. Ur score is actually indicating that all u need to do is content review for the remaining subjects and lots of test practice..if ur done with content review already then u have lots of time to take practice quizzes and tests until apr 24..u my friend should be ok..have u looked at the spinach method? It's around here somewhere..sounds like it would be perfect prep for u

Guys I just completed a chapter in organics on sn1 and sn2 reactions. My brain hurts..that chapter just beat me silly:diebanana:I have no other choice but to redo it:uhno:

Hello my fellow April 24th-ers! I haven't posted in a few weeks...let's just say Murphy's law times two sums up my last few weeks:(. Anyway, there has been a serious CHANGE in my study schedule. I felt like I needed an in-depth content review, however, after seriously sitting down and understanding my goals for the MCAT and feeling behind, unmotivated, a little angry and just plain lost...I realized that 85-90% of my personal prep needs to be doing QUESTIONS/PASSAGES, I was spending too much time reading and re-reading chapters that I felt counterproductive (the same feeling I was getting when I took the MCAT before)....in my moment of desperation and feeling discouraged, I started Googling "MCAT study schedules"and came upon a blog of a 2014 accepted med student (check it out at http://5yearjourneyblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/the-re-take/ ) She kind of followed SN2ed's schedule but used mcat-review.org for review (Instead of reading TBR and EK chapters) and for questions and passages she did use the TBR and EK books.

This has been working for me (with a few of my own twists) because the mcat-review.org website has very organized outlines that follow the AAMC list of tested topics VERBATIM...so you can check off what you have went over for the day (I love checking off stuff ;)). I paid the $15 to get the detailed outlines and something called the MCAT Project which gives tips and shortcuts for the MCAT. You get the $15 back after you take your MCAT if you submit a helpful tip/shortcut on how to attack certain problems.

Anyway this post is getting longer than I planned so please PM me if you want to know more about my specific study schedule and if you want a serious study/accountability partner, our test is about 10 WEEKS AWAY.

We can do this! We just have to believe it, study harder, FOCUS and block out distractions for the next 10 weeks...it WILL BE worth it when we are all posting our 30+ scores!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hello my fellow April 24th-ers! I haven't posted in a few weeks...let's just say Murphy's law times two sums up my last few weeks:(. Anyway, there has been a serious CHANGE in my study schedule. I felt like I needed an in-depth content review, however, after seriously sitting down and understanding my goals for the MCAT and feeling behind, unmotivated, a little angry and just plain lost...I realized that 85-90% of my personal prep needs to be doing QUESTIONS/PASSAGES, I was spending too much time reading and re-reading chapters that I felt counterproductive (the same feeling I was getting when I took the MCAT before)....in my moment of desperation and feeling discouraged, I started Googling "MCAT study schedules"and came upon a blog of a 2014 accepted med student (check it out at http://5yearjourneyblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/the-re-take/ ) She kind of followed SN2ed's schedule but used mcat-review.org for review (Instead of reading TBR and EK chapters) and for questions and passages she did use the TBR and EK books.

This has been working for me (with a few of my own twists) because the mcat-review.org website has very organized outlines that follow the AAMC list of tested topics VERBATIM...so you can check off what you have went over for the day (I love checking off stuff ;)). I paid the $15 to get the detailed outlines and something called the MCAT Project which gives tips and shortcuts for the MCAT. You get the $15 back after you take your MCAT if you submit a helpful tip/shortcut on how to attack certain problems.

Anyway this post is getting longer than I planned so please PM me if you want to know more about my specific study schedule and if you want a serious study/accountability partner, our test is about 10 WEEKS AWAY.

We can do this! We just have to believe it, study harder, FOCUS and block out distractions for the next 10 weeks...it WILL BE worth it when we are all posting our 30+ scores!
I was in this same boat when I first started in January. Now I'm on my 3rd week of a really solid schedule after finally finding out what works for me. Needless to say I've abandoned SN2ed's schedule altogether, but still plan on using the materials he suggested. Right now I'm doing a ch of kaplan bio per day + another ch of either kaplan chem or orgo or 2 ch of nova physics. I have 18 days left of this schedule, including weekends which will put me at the end of content review at the beginning of march. I'll then take aamc 3, and begin a 6day/7 week rigorous practice test prep using the spinach method (on here somewhere). I've checked out mcat-review and decided to use that website and outlines when I start test prep in march. I know that test prep is pretty important, but content review is just as important, for me anyways. Funny how i love scratching through finished topics on my aamc outlines too:highfive:. But good luck to u on your road to 30+!

I was in this same boat when I first started in January. Now I'm on my 3rd week of a really solid schedule after finally finding out what works for me. Needless to say I've abandoned SN2ed's schedule altogether, but still plan on using the materials he suggested. Right now I'm doing a ch of kaplan bio per day + another ch of either kaplan chem or orgo or 2 ch of nova physics. I have 18 days left of this schedule, including weekends which will put me at the end of content review at the beginning of march. I'll then take aamc 3, and begin a 6day/7 week rigorous practice test prep using the spinach method (on here somewhere). I've checked out mcat-review and decided to use that website and outlines when I start test prep in march. I know that test prep is pretty important, but content review is just as important, for me anyways. Funny how i love scratching through finished topics on my aamc outlines too:highfive:. But good luck to u on your road to 30+!

Yes, I love the materials he suggests, they are great for questions/ passages, but I just couldn't hang with it for content review. That's great you found what works for you, it's such a sigh of relief when we find something that works! I plan to finish content review the 3rd week of March, then get to practice tests!

Two words: SKYPE GROUP! I hear they are incredibly helpful. If anyone is interested in forming one, PM me!

Yea i am down for the Skype group, also for the cell respiration in my TPR course they say its more important to know the products of the entire process and also to know when you are gaining atp, Nad, and ect, but you don't need to memorize the whole cycle
I might be interested in skype group too. Depends on what exactly that entails.... going over concepts? Verbal? @txlonghorn2314 @randythabeast

I'm re-taking the test April 24th :) (my scores expired) I'm currently doing the 3 month Sn2ed but behind about a week. Thanks for the help on some modifications.

Tried to do the SN2ed method but I don't think it's fit for me. I'm a tutor for biology and chemistry 1, so I'm around these topics constantly. Retaking Chemistry 2 right now so I'm focusing on physics. My organic book just came yesterday. Anyone else using the new 2013 examkrackers orgo book? I feel like it should be sufficient.

Took my first practice exam two weeks ago before any orgo studying and got a 22 (8PS 6VS 8BS) with 25% correct in organic. Next practice exam is Saturday, then another Sunday.

Only about half way through TBR Physics, but I'm definitely WORLDS ahead from where I started. I've actually become excited to study more and more for this test -- weird.

Having problems with the verbal reasoning deduction questions.... Anyone have any suggestions other than reading the explanations to improve deductive reasoning skills?

I have 101 Passages from examkrackers and I just did the first three practice passages from TPRH -- will do 1-2 FL verbal sections before the practice exams this weekend to see if I can bump my VR score.