The Official August 15, 2014 MCAT Thread

Started by axa5780
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

axa5780

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I'am signed up for this date. I didn't find a thread for August 15th, so here it is. Let's make this a fun experience, and hope we all come out the other end satisfied with our score.

Materials:
PS: BR Physics, NOVA Physics, BR Chemistry, EK 1001 Chem & Phys
BS: EK Biology, BR Biology, EK 1001 Biol
Verbal: EK 101, TPR Verbal

Extras: TPRH SW, WIkiPremed Flashcards & videos. All AAMC FL plus all Kaplan FL.

Lets do this.
 
I lurked here extensively while preparing for the test, and figured I'd throw my two cents in.

AAMC Fl average: 38
Post test feeling - no clue/pretty poorly
8/15: 40 14 (PS) 12 (VR) 14 (BS)

Feeling extremely fortunate as it will help me balance out a less-than-stellar GPA. Also lucky because I had the entire summer, uninterrupted, to prepare. Best of luck to everyone considering a retake or still awaiting their scores
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the people i addressed that to are sort of past that point aren't they...?

I was addressing your "be thankful you can retake, there are worse things you can screw up" point. Screwing up on the MCAT isn't much better than having a mediocre GPA. In fact, I'd argue that a 3.3 is miles better than a bad MCAT (sub 26).


Sent from The World Tree using SDN Mobile