The Official August 22, 2013 MCAT Thread

Started by Person0715
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Person0715

Socially awkward
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! With just a little less than 2 months to go, I am wondering why this thread hasn't been made yet.

Is anyone else here signed up for the 8/22 MCAT?

I'm following the SN2ed schedule and I can't wait to be done with content review. I'm excited to finally take an AAMC to see if I've been studying correctly these last 2 months.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So we finally made it to the last week. We are next to find out what we got, scared after looking at other forums and what people got for the 15 and 16 august.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a 59% in biochem. If our scores were good enough for the top quarter...lol 2015ers are seriously screwed. Though I'm guessing they'll make it easier if people are scoring so low.

I actually disagree. I think trial scores now are severely skewed down because no one prepped. With a content outline and dedicated prep, who wouldn't score significantly higher? No wonder 56% gets you top quartile out of a testing pool of unprepared students who may not have even taken biochem.
 
I actually disagree. I think trial scores now are severely skewed down because no one prepped. With a content outline and dedicated prep, who wouldn't score significantly higher? No wonder 56% gets you top quartile out of a testing pool of unprepared students who may not have even taken biochem.

That's true. Still, those questions were much harder than most of the questions I got on exams when I took biochem. And I go to a pretty difficult school. They might just curve accordingly rather than make it easier.
 
I am so nervous for the scores... I've been browsing SDN for 2 years now and decided it was time to sign up and reply!

I just got my gift card for the trial section.. 63% on sociology and psychology although I think 95% of the questions were sociology related... And I never took sociology since I ended up taking another course in its place after signing up for the August 22 MCAT date LOL.

As for the MCAT, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. I had never taken a physics or organic chemistry course in my life and decided to study for it on my own over the 4 months of summer. Praying that I make it over 30 but the chances are slim 🙁
 
53% in psych bottom half. I literally guessed on like every question. I self studied for the ap psych exam in high school and that's all, so surprised I even got half of the questions right.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They do that?

I'll be honest, I guessed and clicked for the most part, and scored 47%.

Do what? Judge whether you tried or not send an email if they think you didn't? The former is explicitly stated by the AAMC and the latter has been seen in reports on these forums (i.e., there have been people who took the trial section but never got an email and thus no gift card either).
 
Ugh I just want these scores to be released ASAP. I am sitting on a few secondaries that I won't send if my scores aren't at the level the school wants, BUT SITTING ON THEM IS KILLING ME. I just want them off my hands.

Five daysssss
 
Meh only 59% on Biochem and that's apparently top quarter. I thought biochem was somewhat easy, but yeah I basically didn't try...

I've been having crazy dreams about my scores, oh gosh. Anyone else?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If by juice box you mean a rather large beer, then yes.

No, I mean a juice box.

2f7935d5-1b55-4f4c-870a-01b0f6a3d793_adam-eve-juice-box.jpg