***The Official Boston University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

ASOT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread so I thought I'd start one. Good luck everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad you started this! Submitted my supplemental 7/12 and now I guess it's just a waiting game. haha

Is this everyone's first year applying? I am submitting mine Friday.

First time applying and received my "Application under review" email on 7/21.

how long did it take the school to contact you for supplementals? I submitted my application but didn't do anything else for BU yet

BU sent me the supplemental before my AADSAS officially was mailed out in the batch.

Perhaps check your Spam folder!

I know BU starts interviewing around October, but when do the interview invitations get sent out? This is so nerve-wracking!!

Members don't see this ad :)
The earliest interview notices given out last year according to the c/o 2018 thread were in mid-August.

August 16th to be precise.

hey guys. so for this school's supplemental, do you know how big our response has to be for why Boston? i tend to write a ton and i am afraid i may run out of room. if you know the limit on the characters or words, please let me know. feel free to pm me as well. thanks!

hey guys. so for this school's supplemental, do you know how big our response has to be for why Boston? i tend to write a ton and i am afraid i may run out of room. if you know the limit on the characters or words, please let me know. feel free to pm me as well. thanks!

Doesn't it state the character limits in the instructions?

Anyone have an issue with the online payment for the supplemental? It keeps giving me an error message regarding my security code

Ok. just wanted to see if it was only me! BTW, 1000 character limit on why you want to attend is rough! There are lots of reasons and I had to cut most out :(

It was VERY challenging to edit my essay to fit. I got it within 2 characters of the limit.

Ok. just wanted to see if it was only me! BTW, 1000 character limit on why you want to attend is rough! There are lots of reasons and I had to cut most out :(
I applied to Boston but am regretting it, I couldn't find a single thing that would attract me to the school other than the location. Is there anything in the curriculum or school itself that makes it a good dental school? I understand its good for international students, but for us it really isn't anything special.

I was wondering when theyd email me the sup, but thanks to this thread I took a better look at my email, turns out they emailed it almost 2 weeks before I submitted my AADSAS pfff

I applied to Boston but am regretting it, I couldn't find a single thing that would attract me to the school other than the location. Is there anything in the curriculum or school itself that makes it a good dental school? I understand its good for international students, but for us it really isn't anything special.

Pick something from here http://www.bu.edu/dental/about/ if youre not interested in any of it just pretend you are or just forget about this school and save yourself 75$ by not paying the sup.

Last edited:
Anyone have news regarding interview invites? I saw in last year's thread that invites were given out mid-August and I am hoping this year is the same (as in the next few days)!

Anyone have news regarding interview invites? I saw in last year's thread that invites were given out mid-August and I am hoping this year is the same (as in the next few days)!

Wondering this as well. AADSAS still says 'received/under review' and was sent the 'application received' email from BU awhile ago. Fingers crossed they send out invites this week! Best of luck to all!

Still nothing? I wonder what is going on this year with delayed interview invites. Seems odd that two years ago, they gave out interviews in early September, but last year, they decided on mid-August. Wonder if they switched back to early September?!

I think I will call to confirm my application is complete...and casually ask if interviews have started to come out!

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know if you call this much of an update - but I was told through the grape vine that interviews are coming out VERY soon. What that means exactly, I have no clue! Could be at some point today or any day next week. My guess though: next Friday. Doesn't seem to be a very popular thread, but if anyone else wants to suggest a date while we wait...!

Reactions: 3 users
I don't know if you call this much of an update - but I was told through the grape vine that interviews are coming out VERY soon. What that means exactly, I have no clue! Could be at some point today or any day next week. My guess though: next Friday. Doesn't seem to be a very popular thread, but if anyone else wants to suggest a date while we wait...!

I guess it was today haha

You were right!! I just received an interview invite today!!

I also received an interview invite today! They gave me a date in October, and I'm so excited!

I also received an interview invite today! They gave me a date in October, and I'm so excited!
Did you get an application complete email ? I just submitted my supplemental and paid the fee, but never received an official "your application is complete " email. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you get an application complete email ? I just submitted my supplemental and paid the fee, but never received an official "your application is complete " email. Thank you.

No, I don't believe I got an email like that. I could have accidentally deleted it, but I've been keeping them in one folder and BU isn't in there.

I received an email titled "Boston University Supplemental Application Processed". In it states "We have received your Boston University Supplemental Application; your AADSAS application is under review by Admissions at Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine."

You should get an email similar to this.

I received an email titled "Boston University Supplemental Application Processed". In it states "We have received your Boston University Supplemental Application; your AADSAS application is under review by Admissions at Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine."

You should get an email similar to this.
Hey. Thank you very much. I did receive that email on July 23rd. Maybe a bad sign that I didn't get an interview.

Hey. Thank you very much. I did receive that email on July 23rd. Maybe a bad sign that I didn't get an interview.

It is still VERY early. It's their FIRST day sending out interview invites, so keep your head up! Don't worry so much :) I was a little worried because people who applied to NYU after me were getting interview invites over the past few weeks while I didn't, but I ended up getting one today. Keep in mind that these schools need to deal with thousands of applications so they need time to send out all the invites.

It is still VERY early. It's their FIRST day sending out interview invites, so keep your head up! Don't worry so much :) I was a little worried because people who applied to NYU after me were getting interview invites over the past few weeks while I didn't, but I ended up getting one today. Keep in mind that these schools need to deal with thousands of applications so they need time to send out all the invites.
When did u get a application is complete from NYU, I got that in the beginning of august and I have not heard back. Im nervous as hell

Last edited:
When did u get your application complete confirmation? This wait sucks!

I got the supplemental processed e-mail that Stumpmt mentioned above on 6/25... but I never got an application complete e-mail. Hang in there!!

got an invite today too :3

were the invites through email or phone?

So glad I was able to predict/shed light on when EVERYONE ELSE was getting their interview invites. Not going to lie - this one stings.

But a very happy congrats to all of you who were chosen for first interview invites, I don't doubt it that you all deserve it!

Congrats on those who got invited! Are you all 1 batch ? I submitted mine on early July and don't know when to expect to hear anything from them..:confused:

So glad I was able to predict/shed light on when EVERYONE ELSE was getting their interview invites. Not going to lie - this one stings.

But a very happy congrats to all of you who were chosen for first interview invites, I don't doubt it that you all deserve it!

Many of us feel your pain haha

Congrats everyone!
I received that supplemental received email 8/15 but my GPA still isn't calculated in AADSAS!!!! ((Fingers crossed))

Interview email received today at 11:36AM!

Interview scheduled for November 7! So happy!!

I got the app complete email on July 23rd, and still haven't heard from them yet.
My DAT is 22 22 21 and GPA is 3.5......I thought I was an okay applicant in terms of the numbers
and was really hoping to hear from BU because I'm from Boston.
I'm starting to get worried here :(

Reactions: 1 users
@mello88 I am getting worried too :( I have 3.5 and 21 20 23 and a pretty good app! let's keep our fingers crossed! good luck!