****The Official BU Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Started by tinman831
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my only interview so pretty much 95% certain lol

Cool! I got into temple and BU and I'm having trouble which I want to choose, but I'm def leaning towards BU since I've been in Boston for 4 years already. But congrats!!
 
I have been reading the SDN forums ever since I started researching about dental school. I never made an account to reply or post anything ever before. I figure this is worth posting about. I GOT INTO BU DENTAL BABY! I have no idea who will read this, but SDN has been awesome at stressing me out to make sure I spent enough time studying for my DAT. As a non-traditional applicant who is not sitting in class with other pre-dents to ask questions about the process, I was pretty much in the dark with much of the application process. SDN was all I had. What an awesome website, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Thank you everyone for contributing so much information to help me apply at the right time, aim for a good score, read about what to expect before heading into the interview, etc. SO EXCITED!😍🙂😀
 
Hey guys, i had an interview on Nov. 28 and have yet to hear back. Should I be worried? BU is def. my number one pick
 
Hello all =] Congrats on your acceptance. I'm currently a D1 so if anybody has any questions shoot me a PM or email.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview coming up and was wondering if they interview to accept or do you really need to wow them for the acceptance? Also, who are the interviewers?
 
Interviewed Jan. 30th and got accepted on Feb. 1st. I have an interview at Tufts tomorrow, but I'm leaning towards BU!
 
Relax guys (and gals), when I interviewed, our tour guide (D4) said she interviewed early March and didn't find out until May
 
I would be grateful for an acceptance but by May and June most would probably have already signed a lease with a roommate and most likely already taking classes. Not to mention the short amount of time to get a loan, find another apartment half way across the nation and a roommate as well. How would you guys handle that situation?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would be grateful for an acceptance but by May and June most would probably have already signed a lease with a roommate and most likely already taking classes. Not to mention the short amount of time to get a loan, find another apartment half way across the nation and a roommate as well. How would you guys handle that situation?

One guy in my class was accepted the day before orientation. Also when I interviewed, my tour guide said he was accepted the day before classes started. He had to book a flight for the same day and move across the country with no place to stay. He's in a pedo residency now so I don't think he regrets it haha.
 
Does anyone know if they are still interviewing? I am still waiting for an interview and I am a reapplicant and enrolled in a one year Masters in Biology program. I already sent a letter of intent saying I am really interested in the school etc....but I am starting to loose hope now since its getting to the end of the cycle...
 
I called them a while back but they said if there's any update, they will immediately let me know. Other than that, they couldn't say anything else. I don't want to call them again because I think I'll just get the same answer. For the people who emailed them to ask, did you guys get any helpful information? Or just the same general response that they'll let you know when the decision is made?
 
Little Buddy,

Thank you for your continued interest, I have noted this in your file. There has still yet to be a decision made on your file. Once there has been a decision then you will be contacted via email in regards to that.

Best,
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anybody gotten acceptances recently slash know how full the class is at this point? I interviewed February 27th and haven't heard anything back.
 
Any other updates? I think the deadline for holding multiple spots at dental schools was last week so there should be movement this week?